Smile for me

Smile for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Shot

Wheein and Moonbyul walked down the street together as usual to their way to work. They both worked at a hole in the wall coffee shop. Wheein has been working there for about 2 years or so so she knows how to make some good damn coffee. Moonbyul on the other hand just barely started a couple months ago and can barely even start the freaking machine. Wheein was always known to be the energetic type, so it was easy for her to get along with Moonbyul. It's as if they've known each other for years already. And within those months they became almost inseparable. They realized how close they lived from each other so they thought it would be a great idea to walk to work together, and so that became a habit. A routine.

 

And through the foggy morning filled with laughter and incomprehensible jokes, they finally reached the cute little shop. Wheein unlocked the door and Moonbyul held it open for Wheein to enter. The smell of coffee was so strong, it could linger there for years without anyone brewing anything. Wheein personally liked it, Moonbyul... not so much. 

"It always reeks in here," Moonbyul threw the apron around her waist and was struggling to tie it. 

"If you don't like it, why did you even apply to work here," Wheein walked over to help her tie the apron. 

"Eh, I wanted to work somewhere lowkey," Moonbyul began turning on the cash register and the music.

"Is that even a valid reason? What about the pay?" 

"Don't really care as long as I have food on the table."

"What about the luxuries in life?" 

"I like to just live a mellow life. I don't really care much for any of that. What about you then? You seem to like materialistic stuff, but yet you work in a coffee shop."

Wheein smiled and Moonbyul just stared at her dimple, "I used to care about those kinds of things before I worked here, but I realized I love coffee and I want to just live peacefully like you." Wheein avoided eye contact with Moonbyul, she was afraid Moonbyul could see her blushing. Moonbyul liked the way she quickly turned whenever she felt shy.

 

12:45pm Rush Hour

People constantly walk in and out at this hour because everyone is on their lunch break. Unfortunately for the two girls, they can't have their lunch break at this hour. It was a weekday as well so the amount of people is typically doubled compared to weekends. Wheein never loses focus and she never misses a single beat in her work. Moonbyul struggles a bit with the pace, but she has gotten a lot better over the past couple months. With Wheein's help, their teamwork wasn't perfect, but it was just right. They could carryout numerous orders while still serving their customers with bright smiles, and that's what makes them so popular. Previous customers become regulars and new customers are astounded by their work. 

"Unnie, two iced americanos and a ice latte for table two," Wheein furiously punched in the order.

"Got it!" Moonbyul grabbed the cups and simultaneously pressed the buttons to release the fresh coffee. She walked over with the three drinks in her hands and placed them gently onto the table. "Two iced americanos and-" she paused and looked at the man that was staring at her.

"No way... Taehyung?" The man named Taehyung got up from his seat and gave Moonbyul a monstro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter