Decent Enough

It Takes A Man and A Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Finally we could meet, Eunji-ya.”

 

His word silenced the whole room. There are lots of people around, from Infinite Challenge casts, their staff to the production team. They are all surprised, it was painted clearly on their face, so was her. Her eyes looked so much bigger and he couldn’t stop himself from being amused. He knows some things about her from and internet, they all stated that she was good at hiding her expression thanks to her acting ability which is better than most of the idol actor but here she is, completely caught off guard by his simple greeting. And he liked it.

“What the hell are you doing now, Ji Yong-ah?” his Manager, the first person who recovered from shock whispered in annoyance, before even heard his answer, he already stepped up and bowed formally to the whole room on his artist behalf. For the mighty Kwon Jiyong who just stay still because doesn’t feel doing any wrong.

After everything back to normal, the team resumed their things and even though there are some staff who whispered in the background, he doesn’t put any care. He almost walked into her direction if not for Director who asked for him, before turned his shoe around he spared a glance to her and frowned, realized that the girl doesn’t put much thought for his antic and back immersed into discussion she had with someone he recognized as an actor, Lee Je Hoon from drama Signal.

 

 

“I’m sure you guys have met before.” Park Myung Soo stated his opinion while give strange look to a pair of young men and women in front of him, they are too awkward for his taste. It was impossible, how could two people who have worked in the same field for so long were no better than a stranger?

They are in a short break after completing their scene, Park was the very first one who gets a break due to having a smaller part on today’s shooting then Jiyong joined him much later and last Eunji was called after shooting her scenes. A few moments ago, both Park and Jiyong are in awe, witnessing how great she is as an actress. It was just a small project, not a proper movie even though it had their script written by top writer Kim Eun Hee and she was the last addition to the project, yet she committed herself completely into it. Make not only them but all of team complimented her highly.

Jiyong glanced at his side, where she sits one chair away from him and smile, liked how quiet that girl is now, “Of course we met, Hyung,” he replied casually, made the girl turned her head to him with one of her eyebrow raised.

“But never had a chance to have a proper talk, right?” It was Yoo Jae Suk’s voice, they all turned into the doorway and found the man stand there and smile brightly while weeping his sweats. He looks tired, just completed his part and it was harder because he needs to run, yes, he spent more than three hours running around the basement before finally, the director satisfied. Yet he still manages to look happy, indeed God-Yoo.

Both Jiyong and Eunji nod as a reply to his question, it was fact. They indeed worked for so long in the same field but never had a chance to talk, mostly it was her and her group who bowed and greet him since he was the big Sunbae.

“So what the heck you guys doing on backstage?” Park Myung Soo asked again, in his trademark cold voice.

Eunji shrugged her shoulder, “Not much, Oppa.” She answered honestly, “Apart from doing our job, we only talk a little with some close friends.”

He frowned, “What a boring life.” He scoffed make the three chuckled softly.

“But I thought Eunji had so many friends, you are one of the most out-going idol girls I ever met.” Yoo Jae Suk said his thought, he paused for a moment before continue, “Even just now, you look close to Kim Hye Soo Noona and Lee Je Hoon. They seem to like you so much.” He spared a glanced at Jiyong and smiled, “well.. it must be not easy, he is the King.” make that young man shake his head-- try to deny.

The King. It was his nickname, their group debuted ten years ago but still well-loved and shine brightly even in the ocean of newer, younger groups. It was not an easy task, especially when people tend to choose new things, so it is so understandable if they were un-approachable. Their Hoobaes must not dare.

 

After Park Myung Soo and Yoo Jae Suk excused themselves to eat, they left alone. She rises from her seat and tries to slip away from him yet Jiyong didn’t let her. He even asked his staffs to bring her food along with his just to make her stay, it was weird indeed, he could see her wrinkled her forehead a few times before finally sighed in defeat. Poor her for don’t know anything about the unreasonable Kwon Jiyong.

“What up, Sunbae-nim?” she asked in annoyance, the girl left her food tray alone and instead sit straight on her seat. Ready to confront him.

He chewed his food, “What do you mean?” he asked back playing dumb.

She rolled her eyes, “You. What kind of play you try to do now?”

He smirked shortly before put down his chopstick, “I am not playing anything, Eunji-ya.”

His word makes her frown appeared again, “This one too... why you speak to me in Banmal? We are not that close to drop our formalities.” She complained, yet after witnessing a mischievous glint in his eyes, she is sure that things wouldn’t go the way she likes.

Sure, she is right, because then Jiyong lifted his chin and asked in his arrogant yet charming way, “What am I?”

“What?” his question taken aback her, the girl blinked before heaved deep, “a Sunbae-nim.”

Her answer lit up him as he bend his body closer to her make Eunji shift herself away from a little, try to further their distance, “Right, so I can talk to you in Banmal then.” His word doesn’t impressed her since this Hoobae of him give him quite a sharp glare which flicked his interest on her even more, “I find you attractive, Eunji-ya. I want to know more about you. Let’s date.”

His sentence caught her off guard, her eyes grew bigger and her lip parted, the look on her face was priceless. He pulled back himself and lean to his chair, eyes still on her. He tilted his head a little, “I know I’m being ridiculous right now, but I don’t want to waste too many times or beat around the bush since we are both old enough.” Said him and she could notice his voice sound softer and it was dangerous.

“You are not ridiculous, you are crazy.” She muttered still in disbelief.

But maybe Kwon Jiyong was indeed has lost his mind because he doesn’t even feel offended by her remark, it was quite a long time since he doesn’t feel this silly. “You may right.” He agreed to her, make the girl chuckled sarcastically.

Confidence in him make Eunji heaved deeply, she even closes her eyes for second to calm herself down, she shouldn’t weaken or worse.. lost to someone like him, “Okay, you have every right to ask any girl to date,” she said calmly as she opens her eyes, he seems amused by how cool this girl now, “but I think I have my right to ask you, why?”

“Why? Do I need any reason to ask a girl to date?”

“Yes.” She replied firmly.

Kwon Jiyong doesn’t directly answer her, instead, he took a long look at her, something was wrong in his heart, he knew it. This girl is just an ordinary girl, not as beautiful as most of the girl he ever met, yet he could hear certain rhyme from his left chest. It was crazy, he was crazy. “Because I don’t know you and you don’t know me.” That answer unconsciously slipped from his lip, “Damn, Jung Eunji. I’m not joking.” He cursed under his breath.

His answer still sounds crazy, but it doesn’t freak her out anymore, instead, she keeps look at him in the eye, tries to find anything that could convince herself that he is indeed not joking right now. She could feel that she is weird too, it was their first time to talk yet she is brave enough to look straight at his eyes. Her members would call her uselessly brave if they knew, his fans would throw thousands of curse at her if ever they knew what they were doing this moment. Yet it doesn’t bother her any longer, she has a bigger puzzle to solved. And it was him. This man and why he pulled up this act on her.

“I’m not a toy.” It was her first word after this long silence.

Her answer makes his chuckles, “Of course, you are not.”

 

*

 

Jung Eunji loosened, completely lay her body down on the couch. A smile still lingered on her lip. She just came back from watching movie with him, that man was ridiculous. She never guesses that he would bring her to the cinema after she told him that she wants to watch a movie like a normal person weeks ago.

She couldn’t tell what kind of relationship they had, none ever really bring up this subject. Not mean she is afraid, it was just she was too confused. Do they date? Is she his official girlfriend? Being with him was good, she never feels that comfortable around the man before and to have this happiness with someone she never thought of, someone as impossible as he was still a mystery.

Her member even called her weird. They warned her to not fall too deep for his charm, not feel special for everything he is done because he’s G-Dragon.

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter