Because You Ran Away

My Answer (Short Stories)

I couldn’t say that I’ve waited for you
So I’m writing then erasing
Being curious about your day takes up all of my day


#2


It is the next day. Juhyeon is here again, at the park. Waiting for her next class to begin. Or more like waiting for her class to begin and waiting for Junmyeon to come find her. She’s been here for like an hour now and thirty minutes later her next class will start. She doesn’t know what class Junmyeon is in today so she decided to just wait here.


‘He won’t come’ Juhyeon heard herself say that.


‘No, he will come. Just wait.’ her other self answered.


‘Okay he just said that he is going to see me again but he didn’t say when. I could be anytime though. Or.... he won’t come. He just said that so I can feel better and laugh again.’


Juhyeon is arguing with herself for a few minutes until her eyes suddenly sees Junmyeon walking with a girl beside him. That girl smiles and Junmyeon replies with a grin.


‘Oh great! See? He is not just for you. Wake up Bae Juhyeon!!! What the hell you’ve been thinking this whole time? He is no one. Thinking that he will be here to find you. Now look what happened. Time to go.’


‘No wait. Let’s just wait here for a moment. Maybe he’ll see you and approaches you.’


‘Nope. Time to go Juhyeon. Get inside n-.’


Juhyeon pokes her head so hard because she couldn’t stop arguing with her thought, “Ouch, aw.... aw... right time to go. Come on Juhyeon, just pull yourself together,” Juhyeon looks at her watch, “Twenty minutes more before the class begins. Let’s get inside before he sees me.”


***


Juhyeon has to pinch herself so hard for a couple of times because her thought keeps bothering her again and again.


‘Are you pissed?’


‘Nah.’


‘Yep you can’t be pissed because he is no one. Duh. He is no one. He is not even your boyfriend. Why are you pissed because you saw him with a girl?’


‘But I’m pissed because he didn’t come to see me.’


‘It is because you ran away. You shouldn’t do that. You-‘


Juhyeon pinches herself again. Oh stop. She pokes her head for a couple of times. She can’t concentrate. She doesn’t even take notes for this class because she keeps arguing with herself. Her whole day has been destroyed because of a guy.


The bell rings. Finally, I can go home. Let’s go home and rest right, Bae Juhyeon?, Juhyeon says to herself. She packs her books and heads out.


“Going somewhere?” a guy’s voice surprises her few steps away from her classroom.


Juhyeon turns her head and sees Junmyeon approaching her. He smiles and waves at her.


‘Oh god, okay. Calm down. Don’t get angry. Be nice.’


“Yep,” Juhyeon clears , “Home.”


“What? Already,” Junmyeon pouts, “I’m going to see you though. I saw you at the park earlier. I was going to approach you. But when I said goodbye to my cousin, you’re gone.”


‘Cousin? Ah.’ Juhyeon heard her own thought again.


“Well.... now you see me.” Says Juhyeon.


Junmyeon frowned, “This is not the kind of ‘seeing you’ that I want.”


“What?”


“Have you eat?”


“Pardon?”


“Let’s buy something to eat.”


***