You Still Need to Ask?

My Answer (Short Stories)

The answer is you
My answer is you
I showed you my everything


#3


“Pfftt you like to what?” Junmyeon almost choked.


“I like to iron clothes. I don’t know but ironing for me is not like a something to-do if you have to, but it’s more like..... what’s the word.... a hobby?”


Junmyeon laughs so hard until he almost fell off his chair and it makes everyone in the restaurant paying attention to him. Juhyeon has to hold Junmyeon’s wrist to calm him down so he can control his laughter.


“Oh god...” Junmyeon wipes his tears, he literally has tears in his eyes, “That is so.... weird but yet funny.”


“Mate, calm down. You have tears in your eyes.” Says Juhyeon.


“Oh god, you are so funny.”


“I know right? And tell you what, I also iron my whole family clothes without them asking, of course.”


“Whaaaat??” says Junmyeon while laughing.


“You... you,” says Junmyeon in the middle of his laughter, “I think you should open a dry cleaning store.”


Juhyeon giggles, “And that is what exactly my mother said to me.” Says Juhyeon while pointing her chopsticks at Junmyeon, “Wanna hear something funny again?”


Junmyeon nods with his eyes widened.


“Well it’s not actually funny, it’s pathetic. I..... can not eat chicken and drink coffe. What do you think?”


“Wow that’s terrible. They are both delicious though. Poor little lady.”


“Yeah,” Juhyeon giggles, “Everytime I got invited to a feast and they had chicken as the food I have to pretend that I like it but in the end I never touched it.”


“Do you know what will happen if I eat chicken?” Juhyeon asks Junmyeon.


“What?”


“I’ll get a stomachache. It will feels like my stomach is being squeeze to death and that is awful.”


Junmyeon laughs. Juhyeon doesn’t really understand why he is laughing because she cleary didn’t tell Junmyeon a joke. It was a painful story. Well, at least for her.


After his laughter stops, Junmyeon looks at Juhyeon right in the eye without saying anything. And that makes Juhyeon very nervous. She keeps blinking her eyes nervously, hoping that Junmyeon will break the silence. But nothing happens.


Juhyeon clears , “Um.... what? Is there something on my face?”


Junmyeon doesn’t respond.


“Hey, Kim Junmyeon?”


“Did you realise that you’ve been telling me a lot of stories about you?”


“Huh?”


“Do you also tell this story to other people besides me?”


“What are you talk-“


“Do you also tell this story to other people besides me?” Junmyeon repeats his question.


“Uh... no. You’re the first to hear about this besides my family.”


Junmyeon grins, “I’m happy to hear that,” he says, “Uh.... I don’t want to be over confident but, I think you become like this because of me,” he laughs.


‘Yep right, I can laugh and talk easily like this because you’re with me.’


“You listened to my advice. Now, you just need to talk to the others like this as well. Not only me. If you can do this with me, I think it’s not going to be that hard to do it with other people.”


Oh I thought you’re going to see me again because you’re happy with my progress.’


“And.....” Junmyeon clears his throat, “Let’s get closer Bae Juhyeon. I feel at ease everytime I talk to you. So let’s see each other more often-“


Juhyeon choked on her drink.


“Oh god are you alright?” Junmyeon grabs tissues and stand up to cleans Juhyeon’s mess.


“What did you say?” Juhyeon asks.


“Huh?”


“What did you say before I choked?”


“Um..... I want us to see each other more often. Why? You don’t want to?”


Juhyeon smiles, “You still need to ask?”


Junmyeon is so confused so he doesn’t know how to responds and that makes Juhyeon laughs. She then grabs some tissues to help Junmyeon clean the mess she caused.


“Of course I don’t mind you idiot.”


***