Thank You

My Answer (Short Stories)

The moment I first saw you, I was so attracted to you
I didn’t weigh out my thoughts and just talked


#1


“You should talk more, so everyone can understand you,” Junmyeon says while putting all of his thick book in his bag. “I’ve been paying my attention to you this whole time and you barely talk. You are not that boring though, like everyone always say.”


Yep. Juhyeon is a quiet girl. She only talks when it is necessary. No one will ever know her existance in this university if Juhyeon is not a smart girl.


Juhyeon’s eyes widened, “So they say I’m boring, eh?”


“Yep.” Junmyeon nods.


“Wow you said that straight to my face, mate. A direct answer that I am a boring girl. Thank you so much.” Juhyeon laughs.


Junmyeon giggles, “Well Juhyeon, they are the one who said that you are a boring girl. I said that you are not that boring. And see, you talked and you laughed. I never see you laughing before. I’m so proud of myself for making you laugh.”


“You idiot,” Juhyeon throws a tissue paper at Junmyeon, “What makes you think that I’m not that boring then?”


Junmyeon pursed his lips, “Well, you laughed at my jokes eventhough most people don’t.”


Juhyeon laughs, “Your jokes? You know what, most of your joke are not that funny, they are rubbish. I laughed because that one happenend to be funny.”


“Ouch,” says Junmyeon, “As expected from people who barely talks. Your sarcasm level is...” Junmyeon doesn’t continue his words but gives a thumbs up sign to Juhyeon instead.


“Tell you what Juhyeon, talking, smiling and laughing are good for you. So people won’t think that you are a creepy-boring girl. I’ll teach you how if you want.”


Juhyon giggles, “Uh no thank you very much.”


“No no no listen to me, I’m happy seeing you laugh and talk like this. It is like you let out all of your burdens that you never able to share with the others. You can turn on me for support, you can turn on me if you need someone to talk to. The thing is, sometimes you need to share your thought with the others. You don’t want to look like an old lady, right? Because you barely talk and smiles. You are still in your 20s though.” Junmyeon giggles.


When Junmyeon giggles, he has an eye smile and that is what Juhyeon love about Junmyeon. Maybe Junmyeon doesn’t know, but Juhyeon always stares at him everytime she feels sad or stressed. His facial expression somehow can make Juhyeon calm. And now there he is, suddenly meeting her at the university park, the place where Juhyeon always waits for her next class to begin, asking her to help him understand some problems because he didn’t attend the class last week.


Juhyeon stares at the ground and let out a small laugh, “You are the one who looks like a grandpa. Why are you threatening me that I’ll look like an old lady if I barely talk.”


Junmyeon eyes widened, “Careful, young lady. If you really see me as a grandpa you shouldn’t say that. That was absolutely rude.”


Juhyeon laughs again. She doesn’t remember how many time she laugh because of this one guy. Junmyeon smiles at her when her laughter stops.


“So I guess I’m going to see you again. Do you mind?” Junmyeon asks.


Juhyeon shakes her head.


“Great! I’m off then, see ya.” Junmyeon pats Juhyeon shoulder and leaves.


Juhyeon smiles. Thinking of how easy it is for her to laugh at Junmyeon.


No.


How easy it is for her to laugh if Junmyeon is here.


It is always Junmyeon. It is always been him this whole time.


And he is going to see her again he said.


“Hey, Kim Junmyeon!” Juhyeon turns her body backwards and shouts.


Junmyeon does the same thing and rises his eyebrow.


“Thank you!” Juhyeon shouts again.


Junmyeon smiles. The smile Juhyeon always love.

***