Announcing the third season of Roommate!

Roommate!

Although Roommate got permission to film the third season, it was cancelled due to low ratings back in 2015.

But fans all over the world asked for a new season.

And here we are announcing that the third season finally got green light to start filming in september of 2016!

With excitment we can announce that following former members are willing to return, even though they are handling a very busy schedule:

          Name              Profession     Age   
Nana Singer, Model, Actress 24
Park Minwoo Actor 28
Lee Gukjoo Comedian 30

 

Following new members have been chosen to join the house:

 

Name Profession Age 
Kisu (24K) Singer 24
Park Chorong (Apink) Singer, Actress 25
Kim Taehyung/V (Bts) Singer 20
Kim Jisoo Actor 23


As of now we still have ONE empty bed and are open to anyone out there to join the new season of Roommate!

- SBS Production Team

 

"So what do you say?" my manager asked.

"I don't exactly know..." I mumbled.

"Basically.." he started and looked into his phone. He opened the calendar app, which was heavily packed with upcoming events and performances,
"it's the end of august now. You will debut with the other Red Velvet members as planned on the 7th of September. Filming would start a week after..."

"You like...really want me to join the cast of this variety show?" I asked surprised.

Hell, you didn't even debut yet.

I knew the Red Velvet members for only about 3 months now, I've only been living with them for about two months, I barely even knew them, before only from the hallways of the SM building.
What kind of move would it be to move out again and live with people I only knew from TV and Radio, leaving my newly made friends behind?

"Okay, listen (u/n), we need the world to get to know you better, and what better way than adding you on a famous TV show, that literally every K-Pop fan will be going to watch. I mean look at this beautiful cast" he said and pulled out the roommate's cast profiles, each written on single cards with every information that was somehow necessary.

"Kim Taehyung aka V. Beautiful man. Insane acting. Even more insanely big fandom. Imagine, every ARMY out there will watch it because of him and who else will they see?" he asked as I sunk a little more into my chair.

"Me..."

"Smart girl." he pulled out the next profile "Apink's gorgeous leader, Park Chorong. In the entertainment industry for 5 year's already. Big fandom. Great personalty. Who will shine next to her, maybe even as her disciple, who will learn everything about the hard life of a girl group member?"

"me..?"

"Exactly" he said and continued with each profile. 

The whole talk felt like it took more than half an hour. Until he finally came to the last card

"Choi Kisu. Have you heard of him before?" his look went straight into my brain.

"Not really, no"

"Okay, listen, this kid here, has been in the industry for already 4 year's. He debuted in the same year as our boy's EXO. 4 year's and barely anyone knows him? Tsk, look, their entertainment is clever though. They will use this variety show as his springboard. Who knows, maybe he is funny, loveable, something that people will love and his management will get showered with performance, model and acting offers! Boom! Just like that!!" 

He honestly scared me. But he had a point. 

"Look," He leaned back in his giant chair, folding his hands on his head "Red Velvet was orginially supposed to be a bigger group. Hints were even in their debut MV. Everywhere little members, most of them left the entertainment though. Then we added Yeri and everybody loved her. But we can't just add you like we did with Yeri. The CEO wants a different move. So I figured, if you get enough promotion through this show, nobody will remember that you were just added to the group.It's like ... it's like you came with Yeri"

"But the Roommate filming starts literally a week after I debuted, which is when I'm completly busy promoting our new song. How am I supp-"

He laughed

"You are an idol. You will handle it somehow. You have me, your manager, I'll send you wherever we need you. But if you really need a taste of what your upcoming schedule could look like-"

He opened his laptop and opened the file called 'September_2016'

It showed a timetable of our upcoming performances.

"You wake up in the Roommate house. We'll pick you up. You film the music show. You wave goodbye to the other members as you enter the Roommate house again to start filming the rest of the day. And everyday could surprise you with something new, depending on what the SBS crew has planned for you. But the music shows, sometimes practice, team meetings - basically everything that comes from us - should be normal to you. It won't change"

I gulped.

Trainee life suddenly sounded relaxing to me. 

"So...." he slid a pen and a piece of paper to me "if you sign this, you're in."

"What if I would say no?" 

"We will postpone your debut" He folded his arms in front of his chest

I gulped again. We already filmed the music video. The choreo is set. We've done the whole recording. Everything is set for a good comeback

I took the papers, seemingly the contract. As I looked through the papers I found a detailed profile of me, several pictures of me, a DVD, our comeback dates and some other infortmations.

"I will do it" I said and signed the contract

My manager started to smile and took the papers

He stood up and held his hand out for me to shake it.

"It was my pleasure to work this out with you! I'll see you in practice later."

And so he left the office

I fell back into the chair and sighed.