Fortuitously

Fortuitously

Sohee looked in both directions before she crept around the corner. Her face hit something and her eyes widened as she held her hands out to touch whatever she had hit. But then she felt the crisp fabric of a shirt and quickly stumbled backwards. "You." Sohee heard someone say sternly. She glanced up to find Bo Gum stood with a black cap on and a black face mask. Her eyes widened as she stood frozen. "You're a reporter, right?" He asked her as he folded his arms and sighed. 
"No no! I'm not!" Sohee lied as she gulped nervously. Bo Gum stepped closer, closing the gap between him and Sohee as Sohee shuffled backwards. Bo Gum smirked as he moved his head beside Sohee's so his mouth was near her ear.
"Next time you pretend not to be a reporter, don't wear your ID badge. Jung Sohee." He whispered in her ear.

 

Sohee felt a shudder down her body as Bo Gum whispered into her ear. She gulped again before looking down at her ID badge which was connected to the top of her trousers and grimaced. Bo Gum stood back up straight with a smirk on his face. But the smirk was soon wiped off his face as his face dropped.
"What was that..." He stuttered. Sohee frowned as she shrugged. "Can you hear that..?" He asked her as they stood qui,etly.
"It sounds like-" Sohee said.
"Fans" Bo Gum interrupted her. His eyes widened as the noises became closer and closer. He began to panic as he stared straight at Sohee.

 

"Help me!" Bo Gum whined to Sohee. Sohee raised her eyebrows as she looked up at him. "They must know what hotel room I'm in. Aish~ how do they know!" He cried out.
"Why would I help you?" Sohee asked him with a smirk on her face. Bo Gum scoffed in disbelief. He stared at Sohee as she looked back at him with a cheeky grin. Suddenly Bo Gum s his arm around Sohee's waist and pulled her towards him as she fell against his chest.
"Because if you don't help me, I'll take you down with me." Bo Gum whispered to her as she shuddered again. 
"You wouldn't dare." Sohee whispered back to him. Bo Gum jumped at her whisper in his ear as he showed her a smug grin.

 

~

 

Sohee quickly led Bo Gum inside of her hotel room which was down the corridor from his. He shut the door behind himself as he followed her inside. "Put all your cameras down on the dresser. Including your phone. Batteries out of them all." Bo Gum demanded as he folded his arms and sighed. Sohee rolled her eyes as she placed her camera on to the dresser, along with her phone. 
"Do you want to strip search me too?" Sohee asked him sarcastically. Bo Gum looked at her up and down before smirking.
"I wouldn't mind." He told her with a smirk. Sohee's face dropped as her eyes widened. She quickly grabbed her slipper of her foot as she threw it at Bo Gum which hit him round his head.
"Yah!" He shouted at her in shock. "Yah! Stop it!" He shouted again as he ducked when she threw the other one.

 

Bo Gum began taking the batteries out of Sohee's camera and phone as she went to retrieve her slippers across the other side of the room. "Put your phone down on the dresser." Sohee said, imitating Bo Gum. He looked up at her and scoffed.
"Unbelievable. Why should I put mine on the dresser?!" He cried out.
"How do I know you're not going to take any photos of me?" Sohee asked him as she crossed her arms. Bo Gum smirked and placed his phone beside hers on the dresser. He wandered across to her and stood in front of her.
"I won't need to take photos, I'm sure I'll remember exactly what I see." Bo Gum said as he winked. 

 

"What do you think you're going to see!" Sohee whined as she gulped. Bo Gum laughed as Sohee quickly darted into the bathroom. Bo Gum stood by the door and leant against the wall.
"Do you know that you gulp when you're nervous. Ah~ if I had money for every time you gulped when you were with me, I'd be rich." He said loudly so Sohee could hear him.
"You probably are rich! You're an actor! And don't you dare come in!" Sohee shouted to him. Bo Gum laughed and looked down at the door handle. 
"You can lock the door you know?!" He shouted back to her. He waited for an answer but Sohee was silent. "Oh I see~ there is no lock." He chuckled to himself as he sauntered away from the door, collapsing backwards into an armchair.

 

Sohee came out of the bathroom and sighed with relief, but as she moved around the bathroom door, she found Bo Gum sat back in an armchair. "You thought I'd gone, wow Sohee. That loud sigh of relief." He said sarcastically as he scoffed. She rolled her eyes as she sat on the edge of the bed. 
"Can't you go away now? Like down the corridor to your own room?" She asked Bo Gum in an annoyed tone.
"You want me to go away now. Wow. You were the one stalking me!" He cried out.
"I was not stalking!" Sohee shouted at him as he smirked. She pulled herself up and wandered towards the door, she opened it slightly as she poked her head out the slight gap.

 

She grumbled as she brought her head back inside and shut the door. "Your fans are sat outside in the corridor." Sohee moaned as she collapsed backwards on to the bed. Then she sat up and looked at Bo Gum who had a smirk on his face.
"They're not fans. They're saesangs probably." He sighed. "Looks like I'm staying the night then." He said with a grin. 
"And who invited you?" Sohee asked him as she sighed.
"Do you want the left or the right? Because I'll have the left or the right? You're choice." Bo Gum asked her with a smirk as he ignored her question.
"What..." Sohee stuttered as Bo Gum pointed to the bed then tilted his head as he smiled cutely. Sohee gulped as Bo Gum chuckled.

 

Sohee quickly jumped up off the bed and stood awkwardly. "You're nervous again." Bo Gum told her. Sohee shook her head as her eyes wandered around the room before they fell on Bo Gum who was staring straight at her. 
"Sohee, it's not like it's the first time we've shared a bed." Bo Gum sighed to her as gulped again without realising. 
"Did I do anything to you last time?" He then asked her. She shook her head silently as he sat up and smiled. "Exactly." He told her whilst still smiling. 
"You remember..." Sohee said quietly to herself.
"Of course I remember." Bo Gum said as he had heard her. 

 

[Flashback - 5 Years Earlier]
Bo Gum wandered to the door of his university dorm sleepily as he yawned and ruffled his hair. He lived on his own in a single dorm and was confused by the sound of the doorbell in the middle of the night. He pushed open the door to find a soaking Sohee stood with her head bowed. He frowned and rubbed his eyes. He opened his eyes wide as she looked up at him.
"Sorry Bo Gum. I didn't know where to go." She stuttered. He frowned as he stood to the side, he showed her inside and she followed him in quietly. He a small lamp which gave his dorm a small source of dull light. Sohee stood awkwardly in the middle of his dorm as he disappeared into the bathroom.

 

He came back out with a towel and placed it over Sohee's head. "What's wrong?" He asked her as he yawned again. She sighed as he began searching around his dresser and asked her again. 
"I caught him. You were right. Choi. He was cheating on me." Sohee cried out. Bo Gum sighed as he placed a small pile of clean, dry clothes for her in her arms.
"Go and get changed first or you'll catch a cold." He told her as he showed her to his bathroom. After a couple of minutes, Sohee returned back to Bo Gum. 
"I told you that you would get hurt." He sighed to her. She nodded to him and pouted as she bowed her head.
"Sorry for waking you up in the middle of the night." She told him.

 

"It's fine. I'd rather you come here than walk around in the rain. But why can't you go back to your dorm?" Bo Gum asked Sohee confused.
"Because he's cheating on me with Jaehee." Sohee sighed. Bo Gum's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. Sohee shared a dorm with three other girls and one of them was Jaehee. 
"Should we talk more about this tomorrow? You look shattered and I'm also tired." Bo Gum asked Sohee. She nodded as she stood up and wandered to his chair. 
"Come here." He told her. She turned around and frowned.
"No no. I'm fine on the chair." She stuttered as she gulped.

 

"You gulped. You're nervous. Come on, we're friends. We've been friends since we were little. I'm not going to try anything and you look like you need a cuddle." Bo Gum said to her with a smile. A small smile grew on Sohee's face as she wandered across to him and laid down beside him. 
"This means nothing. Friends have sleepovers and sleep beside each other. It just happens to be that we are different es. But it doesn't make a difference." Bo Gum told Sohee as he pulled the blanket over them both before flicking his lamp off so the room was in complete darkness. 
"We're not cuddling though." Sohee said in the darkness as she placed a cushion between them both which made Bo Gum chuckle.

 

[Now]
"I know you're not doing this out of spite and I know that you don't actually want to follow me to see what I'm doing. Or maybe you do but not because of your job." Bo Gum explained to Sohee. They looked at each other as she blinked to him blankly. 
"Why do you think that?" Sohee asked him confused.
"You never wanted to be a reporter. I know you didn't. You wanted to a writer. We had a lot of things happen to us in the past, if you were spiteful, you would have already sold those stories and written about them. But you haven't. You have kept them to yourself." He explained to her afterwards. A small smile grew on their faces as they smiled to each other. 

 

"You're really cheeky did you know that?" Sohee said to Bo Gum as she smirked and poured the bottle of water from the dresser into two cups. He laughed and thanked her as she passed him one of the cups. "I can't believe you were going to take me down with you if you got caught." She scoffed.
"I was joking! Don't worry, I wouldn't have got caught or brought you down with me." Bo Gum smirked to her as he chuckled. After talking for a while, they finally both laid beside each other on the bed in the room with the lamp creating the only light in the room.
"Why did we stop talking after university?" Bo Gum asked Sohee as he turned to his head to look at her.
Sohee shrugged, "You began acting, I found a job. I guess we just became busy." She said as she turned her head to look at him.

 

"Ok. It's late now. They won't be outside anymore so you can go to your own hotel room." Sohee told Bo Gum with a smirk on her face. His mouth dropped open as he was shocked.
"You're kicking me out in the middle of the night?!" He cried out surprised. She nodded as she sniggered. He pouted and crossed his arms as he looked back at the ceiling. 
"But what if I don't want to go..." Bo Gum stuttered. Sohee's eyes widened as she looked at him shocked. He turned his head to look at her again and smiled sweetly. He quickly jumped up before jumping back under the blankets. Sohee sighed as she rolled her eyes and did the same. 
"You were only teasing me right? You weren't really going to kick me out..." Bo Gum asked Sohee as she smirked. He pouted as he brought the blanket up to his chin. "You can't kick me out now."

 

At the same time, Sohee and Bo Gum rolled over on to their sides to face each other. "Have you seen Choi lately?" Bo Gum asked Sohee. She shook her head and smiled.
"No. You told me to break up with him as soon as I saw him so I did, and I left my dorm, I stayed with someone else." Sohee explained to him. Bo Gum nodded and smiled. 
"I'll always remember that night, you waking me up in the middle of the night looking like someone had thrown a bucket of water over you. Finally realising what I had told you about Choi all along." Bo Gum told her. Sohee pulled a face at him as he chuckled.
"It's getting late, we should go to sleep." Sohee said as her eyes became heavy. 

 

"Are you going to put a cushion between us again? Or can I have a cuddle? We're friends remember. Friends can cuddle!" Bo Gum whined to her. Sohee shook her head with a smirk. Bo Gum scoffed as he stretched his arm out and wrapped it around her waist. He pulled her towards him, closing the gap between them. He squeezed her tightly as Sohee gulped loudly which caused her to choke slightly. Bo Gum raised his eyebrows as he quickly patted her back. She coughed a couple of times as he chuckled before letting her go and shuffling backwards slightly. 
"We cuddled when we were younger, why can't we cuddle nowm" Bo Gum whined. "Ah~ will you fall for me if we cuddle?" He said with a smug grin. Sohee looked at him and blinked silently. She quickly rolled over, facing the other way. 
"Go to sleep Bo Gum." She sighed as she reached out for the lamp and the room plunged into darkness.

 

 

Bo Gum woke up to a beautiful sight. He smiled sweetly as he stayed as quiet as he possibly could. Sohee was wrapped in his arms and he hugged her tightly. Bo Gum kept smiling with a big grin spread across his face. He moved a couple of strands of hair away from her faces as he hughed her tighter. "Ah~ Jung Sohee, we finally cuddled." He whispered happily as he closed his eyes and drifted back off to sleep.
A while later, Sohee woke up and her eyes widened as she found Bo Gum's arms wrapped around her and her head resting on him. She shuffled backwards slightly as she picked up one of his arms, moving it off her carefully. She repeated the same thing with his other arm and also his leg which was over hers. He grumbled and she froze as he rolled over and continue sleeping. She sat up and glanced at Bo Gum as she smiled. He was in a deep sleep, hugging the blankets now instead of her.

 

She swung her legs out of bed as she shuffled her feet into slippers. She yawned and stretched before wandering over to the phone which was sat on a small table. She picked the phone up as she placed it to her ear and pressed the number for room service. But all she heard was a constant beep. She frowned and tried the all the numbers on the phone but none of them was working. She sighed and decided to go downstairs and tell them as she wanted them to bring breakfast to the room. She quickly looked around as she found a black hoodie laid on the back of a chair. It must be Bo Gum's but she was only going to be quick so she quickly pulled it on and headed out the door quietly. But what Sohee didn't know was that Bo Gum's hoodie was a limited edition hoodie which he is always seen wearing.

 

Bo Gum woke up and rubbed his eyes to find the other side of the bed empty. He frowned as he sat up and looked around. All of Sohee's things were still here so she couldn't have gone far. He pulled himself up as he checked the phone and realised it wasn't working. He sighed and wandered towards the chair for his hoodie. "Omo. Where is it..?" He stuttered to himself as he looked around for it. Bo Gum began panicking as he frantically looked around. But his hoodie was no where to be seen. "Oh no. She hasn't!" He cried out. Suddenly he heard commotion coming from outside and cautiously approached the door. He pulled the lock down and pulled the door open slightly. He peeked out of the gap to see what was going on to find Sohee surrounded by people wearing his hoodie.

 

Sohee stood looking down at the floor as she tried to hide hee face in the hood. "Is that Park Bo Gum's jumper?! Is Park Bo Gum in your hotel room?! Did you spend the night with Park Bo Gum?!" Shouting filled Sohee's ears as she stayed silent. She was a reporter herself so she knew it was better to stay silent. She just didn't know how she was going to get out of this situation. Suddenly Sohee felt a blanket cover her head and she couldn't see anything. She felt an arm wrap around her as she was guided out of the crowd and down the corridor. She heard a door close behind her and the blanket was removed from above her. "It's ok now." She heard Bo Gum say as she glanced up. She whined as she took his hoodie off and held it out in front of her. Bo Gum scoffed as he took it from her. "I'm sorry. I made things worse." Sohee sighed. 

 

Bo Gum shook his head as he smiled, "Don't worry. You weren't to know about my hoodie." He reassured Sohee as she looked up at him. "But what did you order for breakfast?" He asked her with a smirk. She rolled her eyes and tutted.
"How can you think about breakfast now?! There's a whole bunch of people outside the door ready like hunters and we're the prey!" Sohee whined to him as his stomach grumbled which caused them to both laugh together. They both sat in silence at they tried to work out what step they should take next.
"Oh yeah! What is this?" Bo Gum asked Sohee as he stood up and wandered towards a flowery dress which was hung up against the wardrobe. Sohee looked at him and smiled.

 

"My dress for today. I'm meeting with my parents for a meal later." Sohee told him happily. Bo Gum smiled as he looked back at the dress. "It's pretty right?!" Sohee said excitedly. Bo Gum sniggered as he nodded. 
"Change into it and get ready." He told her as he gathered his things and disappeared into the bathroom. Sohee frowned and stood confused. "Are you getting changed?!" Bo Gum shouted out through the door. Sohee quickly panicked and shouted back to him as she quickly began getting ready. After a while, Bo Gum left the bathroom in a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black dress trousers with his hair slicked back. He looked around to find Sohee sat at the dresser and smiled happily.

 

She looked in the mirror of the dresser to find Bo Gum in the background as she smiled sweetly and finished what she was doing. She stood up and turned to face him. "We look like we're attending a formal wedding or meal." Bo Gum joked as Sohee laughed. He took Sohee's hands suddenly and twirled her around like he would in a dance. She chuckled as she spun around then stopped. 
"Wait. Where are you going?" Sohee asked him confused.
"With you. I have a free schedule and nothing to do." Bo Gum told her happily. She raised her eyebrows before glancing back at the door. "But what are we going to do about them..." She stuttered. He looked at the door and sighed. He took Sohee's hands in his as she shuddered because of the surprising movement.

 

"Let's go and face them together." He said as he smiled sweetly.
"What do you mean? They'll get the wrong idea!" Sohee cried out as she began panicking. Bo Gum shook his head which made Sohee frown as he smiled.
"They won't get the wrong idea, they'll get the right idea. I want to be with you Jung Sohee." He said to her as he held her hands tightly. Sohee froze as Bo Gum stepped closer, closing the gap between them. He let go of her hands and cupped her cheeks in his hands as he kissed her forehead gently. He stepped back slightly to see her reaction and found her with a smile on his face.
"Should we go and face the world, unfortunately we can't hide in this hotel room forever." Bo Gum said as he took Sohee's hands and led her towards the door. 

 


 

Please drop down some comments below if you enjoyed the one shot, if I see that you enjoyed it, I might think about writing a second part. Thank you for reading my lovelies.

 

Update: Thank you my lovelies for reading and subscribing! I am open to writing a second part. Please vote below if you would like one or not! :)