Chapter 3

Slow And Steady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Yoona, the organizers called again. They asked about the wedding and they said you need to meet up with them" Nami, Yoona's new assistant, said shyly. She's been hugging her clipboard the whole time to hide her nervousness. She heard the rumors that her new boss isn't nice that she's a devil in a human form, in fact she's the 68th assistant. Yoona stopped typing upon hearing it.  Nami begged in her mind. 

 

Yoona took a big sigh, took off her glasses and stared at her for a minute. Nami gulped and starting to sweat nervously. Yoona wore her glasses again and started typing again. Her assistant started to shake nervously. "What's my schedule for later and tomorrow?" Yoona finally uttered some words. "Uhh you have a meeting with YL Corp. at 3PM and you have a dinner with Mrs. Lim at 7PM. It'll be your beauty line launching tomorrow and also you have a ribbon cutting ceremony to attend to in the afternoon." She answered immediately without stuttering. Yes! You did it again! She cheered herself. She's been practicing a lot in her apartment. She's been working at KIM Entertainment for a month now and she has still this nervous and adrenaline rush whenever she's around her boss.

 

"Thank you. Tell them, I'll keep in touch soon." Her boss said while typing. "Aish I should tell Donghae to move the wedding again" she whispered to herself and sighed again. Nami walked away from her office feeling sorry for Donghae. She felt like Donghae deserved better than her heartless workaholic boss. She sighed from relief upon walking out from her office. Thank God, I'm out of that hell-hole. She checked her watch and it's already lunch time. 

 

She took her bag and went out to look for Bom, her officemate and best friend. They've been friends since high school. In fact, Bom is the one who hooked her up to get a job in the company. Bom asked her a thousand times if she's sure about working as an assistant. Nami doesn't really have much of a choice, she needs a job or else she'll be on the streets begging for money. 

 

"Are you really gonna apply?" Bom asked her again for the nth time. "Yes! I mean she's not that bad right?" Nami said nonchalantly. Bom rolled her eyes, "I warned you okay? Don't regret it. Don't come crying to me. Aish you're really a stupid ". Nami laughed, "Okay, okay. I promise." She said. Bom sighed and hugged her.

 

"Bommi-yah, where are you?" she said on the phone while scanning the place. "You didn't received my messages on line?" Bom said on the other line. "Oh yeah I didn't have internet." She said. "Ughhh I texted you that we're gonna have a lunch at Sunway Cafe, you didn't bring any packed lunch right?" Nami stared at her lunch bag, ah I forgot. "Haha n-no of course" she said. "Hmmm I know you're lying. Hmmp! Just come here quickly, my pets in my tummy are hungry" Nami laughed and started to walk to Sunway Cafe. She hanged up the call. 

 

She saw Bom on the table waiting for her, she sat down and looked at her. "Finally!" She said in relief. She called the waiter and started to give orders for her and Nami. "Why is Donghae marrying Yoona?" Nami asked out of the blue. Bom stared at her, looking confused. "Hmm probably, business purposes. I mean, after all, Donghae is the CEO of DH Hotels Corporation now". DH corporation owned Morello Hotel, a six-star hotel, they have branches around 100 countries. Nami was amazed by the fact that her boss' fiancé is so rich and she couldn't even imagine how rich he is. "Like he's one of the influential people in our generation. I actually haven't seen him in magazines, I heard he doesn't like his life to be public, I heard he's really humble and kind unlike you-know-who" Bom added.

 

"Then how the hell someone like him is gonna marry a girl like her" she asked. "No , of course of love and romance" Bom answered sarcastically. Their ordered came and Bom started to feast. Her y mood turned to butterflies-and-rainbow mood. Food really makes her happy and her friend really wonders how she's skinny. Like she can eat all day and she still doesn't earn a pound. A soundtrack of My Little Star started to play in the background. "Ohhhh I used to love that song" Nami said while she's reminiscing about her childhood. "Fun fact, Yoona got her break from it" Bom said while chewing her food. "Really? I didn't know that" Nami was surprised, My Little Star was her childhood and it was a bit awkward for her that the sweet girl role was acted by an evil witch. "Well yeah, I mean, it was really big before. It gained like millions of dollars through out the years. There's also this actress that played the same role as Yoona, I forgot her name, I heard that she's broke right now, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter