Chapter 1

Slow And Steady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dara? Let’s eat, I cooked your favorite, remember when you were a kid, you said you really love the food that I made" Dara’s mother keep talking, begging Dara to eat. It’s been 3 days and she’s worried for her daughter.

 

“Just shup up, mom. Leave me alone.” Dara locked herself inside of her room and she kept the spare keys with her. Her mom was there in front of her room the whole time, waiting for Dara to come out. Annoying, . She whispered as she hugged her teddy bear that was given by dad on her 7th birthday. She heard her mom sobbing loudly behind the door. She finally stood up and lazily opened the door. Gimme a break.

 

Her mom’s face lightened up when she saw her daughter finally coming out from her cave. Dara’s been like this since the incident happened, it is when she got her big role as a child actress in the theatrical play ‘My Little Star’, she was humiliated in front of thousands of people and it is unlikely for her, Dara was very confident as a child, she had the potential to be a star, she was stunned and terrified on the last scene, she just froze and cried in front. It was a big news back then, it happened 15 years ago. Since then, she hadn’t appear in public and she quit school at the age of 10.

 

When Dara came out, she saw a middle-aged woman who’s wearing a formal attire. She smiled brightly at Dara then she offered her hand for a handshake. Dara just coldly stared at her, she knew it, she knew who see was, it's her psychiatrist, she came to visit her again. “For the last time, just stop bothering me! Just stop it already!” She shouted as she ran outside. It may be very disrespectful but Dara doesn’t care anymore, she just to be alone.

 

She went to the Santokki cafe, it’s her safe place. It just a few blocks away from her home. She went to the counter to order something to cool her mind. The ambiance of the place is relaxing, this place is like a hidden paradise for her, only few knew this place. Her dad brought her here to celebrate her first role on a play.

 

“The usual?” the bartender asked. She nodded as a response. The bartender stared at her while wiping the glass. Dara’s face looked so stressed out, just watching Dara looking like that made gave him stress.

 

"Got a problem, kid?” He asked. As he blend the milkshake in front of her. Dara firmly shut her eyes, “Not now, Jae-Suk-sii, just not now.” She said and she sighed deeply. She leaned on the countertop and stared outside. “Here.” The bartender placed the milkshake in front of Dara. Dara took and stared at it for a few seconds. “It is really stupid.” She said making Jae-Suk to turn, she sipped the milkshake nonchalantly. “What?” he asked. “Somehow, I miss my dad.” She said. Everytime she drink milkshake here, it always remind her, her past. The taste doesn’t change, drinking it makes her feel like a child again. That’s why she always order a milkshake here, she’s stuck being a child.

 

“If your dad’s still here, he won’t like it.” He said. Dara stopped drinking and stare at him waiting for his explanation. “Your dad wouldn’t like seeing you like this, ruining your life. You’re a mess, fix yourself.” He said. Dara stood up, she angrily slammed the milkshake on the counter. She glared at him before walking out, she didn’t utter a single word, she just walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter