Chapter 2

Slow And Steady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up because of the sunlight shining through her window. She narrowed her eyes and blink a few times in attempt to adjust her eyes to the illumination. Feeling drowsy, she stood up and closed the curtains. She hates it when this happens, she feels like the sun wanted to ruin her day by waking up early. She groaned as she slammed her body to her bed in attempt to sleep again. Her days were always like this, there’s nothing to look forward to. She used to it, she’s been living like this for 15 years.

 

Dara was about to pull her blanket when she heard her mom laughing downstairs. Her eyes widen in surprise, she never heard her mom laughed before. Am I imagining things? Or she’s already insane? She thought. It’s very unlikely for them to have visitors unless if her psychiatrist visits her again, but it’s impossible, her mom never liked gossiping in the first place. She stood up and quietly opened the door, she tiptoed towards the stairs to avoid sounds. She took a small peek to the living room to see what is going on. To her surprise, she saw that Donghae guy again laughing along with her mother.

 

She leaned closer to hear what their conversation is all about. “Can I talk to Sandara if she wakes up?” Donghae asked, her mom laughed awkwardly. “You know Dara is…in a complicated situation right now…and I think it’s not the best time to talk to her you know…” Her mom smiled at him but there’s a sadness hidden in her eyes. Donghae gave her an assuring smile. “If it’s okay to you, Mrs. Park, can I drag her out?” Donghae’s smile turns to a naughty grin. “Yes, if you can do that, why not?”

 

Dara can feel her face heating up on how embarrassing her mother is. She feels like she’s being sold to a stranger and seeing her mom laughing with a man makes her want to gag. She saw Donghae stood up and walk towards her direction, she immediately retreated back to room. She heard Donghae knocking at her door, she ignored it. Donghae keeps knocking the door and it started to irritate Dara but she keeps ignoring it. She plugged her earphones to avoid the annoying sounds. She maxed the volume of her music.

 

After a few seconds, she took off the right earpiece just to hear if he got tired knocking. To her relief, he did, he stopped knocking. Dara sighed and paused the music from her ipod. She placed her ipod on the side table and she stared at the ceiling. She lost herself in deep thoughts until she heard a click sound coming from her door knob. She almost leaped out from her bed when she saw that Donghae guy barging in to her room. “Good morning, sunshine!” He said happily. She just stared at him with a mouth agape. He went towards the window and opened the curtains. The sunlight went through, illuminating the whole room. “Look, it’s a good day to stroll around the town.” He said and he smiled brightly to the point he burned her eyes. She hates people like him, people who enjoys living, she’s too bitter because she’s living a ty one.

 

“Get. Out.” She said while glaring at him. But that doesn’t Donghae fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter