Chapter 5

Crazy in love

Momo left. She only pecked Mina's lips as a good-bye. She didn't even tell her when she'd come back. When the front door was shut and Momo was gone, Mina was flooded with an incredible lonely feeling. Out of despair, her eyes started to fill with tears. She didn't hold them back, and let them spill over her cheeks in an attempt to calm herself down. Maybe it was just the stress...
But it only made her more upset. Sobs were cutting through her body, making her heart ache with every tensing of her muscles. She muffled her face in the pillows, but that didn't help. She tried to hold her breath, but that didn't help. She tried to think of happy things, but that didn't help. Mina cried until she couldn't cry anymore. She only stopped when she was too tired to go on. It was 3 AM when she finally fell asleep, completely drained from energy.

The next morning she felt even worse. If was as if she suffered from a hangover; her head hurt like a , she could hardly keep her eyes open and she defenitely didn't want to get out of bed. But today she had to get to her classes, so she forced herself out of bed. Mina was still painfully aware that she was still . Last night she hadn't bothered to get dressed again and she regretted that now. She was only reminded about Momo's leaving again.
Mina walked up to the bathroom to clean herself. She sighed when she saw the bite and claw marks on her body again. Her back hurt of the scratches Momo had made. There were hickeys all over her neck and collar bones, even one on her inner thigh. Last night she hadn't noticed anything of the pain, but her whole body hurt now. Her muscles were more sore than ever. That'd promise something for tonight's dance practise, she thought. Would she be able to bear the comments of her collegues?
She tried to cover them up as well as possible, but she doubted anyone would be fooled.

Mina couldn't help to occasionally think of Momo. The blonde never really left her mind. Whatever she did, she seemed to do it for Momo. Work hard on her exercises? So she could go home early to Momo. Eat well? So she wouldn't be hungry when Momo was around. Eat peppermints? So her breath wouldn't smell. Wrap up the ballet practise early? So she could be with Momo.
It was strange to suddenly have a purpose again. For the past two months her homework, her classes and her ballet practise couldn't take long enough. Whenever she was home early, she went over to Sana's to stay there until she was tired enough to go to bed immediately when she got home. She couldn't handle it being alone anymore in her apartment; she needed the constant presence of Momo to feel good.
Now that she had come back, Mina wouldn't be alone anymore, so there was no need to dwell on the things she had to get done.

That night, Mina rushed back home.
A small voice in the back of her head warned her that this might be a one-time thing. That Momo doesn't want to visit her every night like they used to and repair their old relationship slowly. Mina pushed that thought of her mind immediatly, denying it could ever turn out that way, not wanting it to turn out that way. She wanted Momo to be there when she came back.
Around eight o'clock she entered her apartment complex. She rushed up the stairs, up to her front door. The brunette pulled out the keys hastily, letting them fall due to her haste. Mina took them again and put the right key in the lock, turning it with an enthousiasm that she hadn't felt in weeks. She controlled herself enough to let the door swing open like she always did. Her eyes were met with the light of her lamps snapped on. From the corner of her eye, she saw Momo sit on her dark grey couch, playing with an empty glass that was red stained of the drink that it had held. The first time she had seen Momo drink blood out of one of her glasses she had been disgusted. She had probably washed it a thousand times before daring to drink out of it herself again, and even then her drink tasted like blood. But over the span of time she had started to care less and less about it.
Mina laid keys on the small table next to the door, together with her bag. Mina took of her coat, pretending the blonde's presence didn't excite her as much as it really did.
"You're early," Momo commented. Mina only then let herself take a look at the blonde, whose eyes had been glued on her body from the moment she stepped in. Mina smiled and brushed the strands of light brown hair out of her face.
"Well, I wanted to get home early," she replied. Momo chuckled. She sat up straight from her comfertable position and placed the empty glass on the coffee table. The glass clinked when it hit the wood.
Mina walked over to the kitchen to grab something to drink, possibly something to eat. She opened the refridgerator and looked. She heard the cracking of the springs of her couch and footsteps in her direction. Mina listened carefully. She still let her eyes run over the food and beverages in her fridge, as if she was really gonna pick something. She had eaten a quick sandwich on the way back to home and even though her body wasn't satisfied yet, it would be enough for now.
At the moment her fingers closed themselves around a water bottle, she felt two arms wrap around her waist as well. A cold body was pressed to hers from behind. She felt Momo's curves on her skin, her breathing in her neck. A sigh escaped her lips. How much had she missed this. Mina left the water bottle in the refridgerator and closed the door again. A kiss in her neck that made her head to the left, so Momo would have better access. She closed her eyes, enjoying.
"I missed you," she said. She felt the blonde smile against her skin when she pressed another kiss in her neck. 
"I know," Momo replied. Mina opened her eyes at that, and bit her lip softly. Weren't you supposed to say 'I miss you too' back?
Momo left her neck and walked around her, so she was now facing her from the front instead from the back. Mina let herself gaze into those deep dark eyes. Momo looked back with some sort of tenderness in her eyes that she had only seen very little in the time they had known each other. When she placed her hand in Mina's neck, it was almost sweet. Both girls leaned into the kiss at the same time, meeting perfectly half way.
Their lips brushed over each other, in an almost perfect way. Their tempo was exactly the same, causing it to be very much enjoyable. Momo took her time with Mina. Usually it would only take a few seconds for their tongues to touch, but this time, Momo seemed to be in for a bigger make-out session. Mina wasn't complaining. She had waited forever for Momo to finally put some love into her touches and take her time. Mina would love the to last longer than it usually did. Sure, it had something rough and special about the way she was usually treated — turning on too, even. But she was still a girl. A girl who liked to be loved.
The blonde stepped into her direction, causing Mina to step backwards until her back hit the mahogany wooden kitchen table. She broke the kiss for a few seconds so she could sit on top of it, making it a little more comfertable. It was a nice variation for both of them; Momo was the taller one of the two and usually had to look down whilst kissing, and Mina had to look up. Now the roles were switched, because Mina was a good few inches taller now. They continued their easy kissing. Mina wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck, pulling her closer. Momo stood in between her spread legs, as close to the table she physically could, placing her hands upon Mina's hips.

That continued for a while. Momo really seemed to take her time until a point where it was almost boring. Mina was the one to initiate the french kissing, which was happily replied by the blonde. Their tongues danced in each other's mouths, but it was still too slow. There was not a hint of lust in Momo, which caused her to stop. Mina pulled back — in her way pecking the other girl's lips another time — and smiled. She kept her face close.
"Why are you so sweet?" she said softly. Momo looked up, almost confused.
"I thought you wanted that?" she replied. Mina chuckled, pecking her lips another time.
"Well yes, but it's a bit dull, don't you think? Make-out sessions are for lazy Sunday mornings, not when I expected to... you know."
Mina nodded her head towards the bedroom, idicating she meant . Her cheeks coloured pastel pink. Even after all that time she was still prudish when it came to words like that. Momo chuckled now too.
"You know, I finally begin to understand why men say they don't understand women. Really, Mina, I have no clue what you want anymore."
Mina leaned closer and placed a long kiss upon Momo's lips.
"You," she replied. Their eyes met, and she knew they were thinking the same thing. They kissed again, this time with a lot more passion. But it was still sweet, not as rough and lustfull as usual. Mina couldn't say she disliked the change.
Momo lifted her up from the table like she weighed nothing and walked over to the bedroom.

It was half past eleven when they laid next to each other in Mina's king sized bed. Their breaths were still fast and raging through their body, their centers still a little wet, their bodies covered in sweat. It had been one of the best experiences in Mina's life. Finally she didn't feel like she was some object for Momo, that she was more than a good now and then and really meant something to her.
The brunette rolled over to Momo's side and wrapped her arms around her waist. She let her head rest upon her chest, like she had done yesterday.
"Will you stay tonight?" she asked. Mina was almost entirely sure she would. Momo had never treated her this sweet and loving before. Maybe the vampire had changed, maybe she would stay tonight.
"No, I can't," came the hard response. Mina bit her lip and looked down. Her grip around the blonde faltered. It suddenly didn't feel as nice anymore. She had really thought that Momo would stay, that this was the beginning of something new, something better, but it seemed that Momo really had only come back for the .
The brunette adjusted her body a little bit, so she wasn't leaning as much on Momo anymore. They stayed quiet for a few more minutes. A feeling of loneliness spread suddenly across her body. Even though the blonde was still right next to her — even had her arm wrapped around Mina's shoulders — she still felt so shut out. She bit her lip, trying to let the sad feeling to go away by biting hard and deep into her skin. But it didn't help. At that was left was a small wound, the taste of blood in and her eyes filled with tears. She wanted to cry, to relieve stress, but she knew Momo wouldn't comfort her. And that made it even worse, knowing that the blonde would rather go away than to help her. It only made her realize more that Momo wasn't her girlfriend and never would be. Even though they were so close, they seemed to be so far apart. She had diffeculty keeping her eyes dry.

Momo left after an hour. Mina could only nod at that. Every time, she kept hoping that Momo would stay, and she let the blonde break her heart every day again when she did leave. But the empty feeling had never been this strong. Their eyes didn't meet when Momo left the bedroom. She didn't catch the longing gaze of the blonde, nor her hesitating at the door. Mina had simply turned to her side, placed her head on the pillows and stared down. She knew she'd cry if she looked up now... And it'd be best for the both of them if she did not.
"See you tomorrow," the blonde murmeled. Mina 'hmm-ed' in response and closed her eyes. The door to her bedroom was left open, so she could hear the front door shut when Momo left. At the moment Momo had gone, a single tear escaped the corner of Mina's eye. She squinted her eyes even closer and took a deep breath. When she opened them again, she couldn't see anything. Her sight was blurry because of the tears.