03. BOY MEETS EVIL

WINGS : BEGIN [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Boy Meets Evil

“The music box of tragedy echoes. But in order to be free from this crime, it’s impossible to forget and give up.”

 

 

“Kura..yami sekai?” Seo yeon muttered. Seungjun nodded excitedly,

“Yep. I swear this book isn't that easy to find! I bought this book for more than $90. Well, since it’s an ancient and awesome book, I won’t complain any further. Have a look at it. I’m sure you’ll get hooked into these myth like me too.” Seungjun chirped, tapping the book as he waited for Seoyeon to look through the page. Seoyeon reached out for the book and pulled it closer to her.  In one of  the pages, Seoyeon witnessed an old drawing of an old man in a suit. The old man has a pair of thick eyebrows and a pair of sharp eyes, as if they were staring right into her soul. A chill ran down her spine as she quickly moved on to the caption written below the picture.

‘The ruler of Kurayami Sekai’

Seoyeon raised an eyebrow as she shifted her gaze to Seungjun who was already looking at her, “Hey, how did these people know how he looks like. I mean, isn’t this just a myth?” Seoyeon questioned as she took another look at the picture.

“Oh, you mean this old man? Hmm, I’m not sure. They said that the myth is actually true and that, this picture was drawn after someone who was actually dragged into the world managed to escape from it. The victim turned out to be an artist. So this picture was drawn by the artist himself. But there were also rumors that no one actually succeeded in escaping this deadly world, so don't trust this picture too much.” Seungjun interpreted, making Seoyeon’s mouth hung opened listening to the story.

Seoyeon nodded and continued looking through the article.

‘KURAYAMI SEKAI’

An old myth that was believed by many. ‘Kurayami Sekai’ was ruled by a cruel King whose name was still unknown. Many believed that the world actually exists in another dimension. People who were caught were never seen again. However, in 32BC, Naoki, an artist, managed to escape from the mysterious world. According to Naoki, he was locked up in a dark room and was tortured by strange things that doesn’t exist the Earth. Naoki then continued, ‘The said world was like a copy of the human world. However, in a darker and damaged version.’

“SeungJun,” Seoyeon called out,

“Hm?”

“This book… can I borrow this?”

“Oh, god. I must be crazy. Why do I even lend something like this?” Seoyeon complained, the book that she borrowed from Seungjun earlier was tucked under her arm. Seoyeon stopped in front of the door to her room, knocking for a few times before entering.

“Oh… the-girl-who-now-has-a-secret-admirer, you’re back.” Mina called out from the corner in monotone.

Seoyeon chuckled and placed the book down carefully on the table, “What do you mean? And where’s Jane?”

Mina scratched her head and yawned, “That letter on the table, it’s for you. Jane has go out with her hot boyfriend. I swear, you guys are so mean. How could you all go out and leave me alone like this?” Mina complained, upset at her friends. Seoyeon chuckled upon her friend’s complain.

“Sorry buddy. Oh and, there’s a letter for me?” Seoyeon questioned as she picked up the letter from the table.

“Yeah. You’re next to jump off from the single choo choo train. And wow, What is this ancient looking book?”  Mina asked, interested, hopping to the book.

“Oh, that. I borrowed it from the guy I met today. It’s pretty interesting so, yeah.” Seoyeon answered, laying down on her bed, ready to open the letter, “I wonder what this letter is about…” Seoyeon sang while Mina was all into the book the moment she opened the first page.

Seoyeon monitored the whole envelope, but the name of the person who sent it wasn’t there. All that she saw was her own name. Seoyeon shivered for the second time today, ‘what if it’s a threat letter?’

After hesitat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter