01. STIGMA

WINGS : BEGIN [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STIGMA

 

'There are only different whales speaking entirely different words.'

 

"Huft..." Kim Seoyeon's breathe filled the silence in the darkness. She has been running in the dark for quite a while. And the darkness isn't any ordinary dark. It was... darker than black. She's back to that place again. She was mute. She couldn't speak, even if she wanted to. When she opened to say something, all that she could hear was silence. Seoyeon stopped running and took a glance at her surrounding. Nothing. There was nothing, nor anyone, other than her. 

Thud. A sound of something that fell from above was heard. The girl's attention quickly shifted to the sound, walking towards it slowly and stopped when her feet meets the solid object. She bent down, her long, brown hair touching the ground. She felt the ground with her hand to find the object in the midst of the darkness. When her hand finally met the object, she quickly grabbed it and felt it. It was a torch light. She searched for the power button and the torch light. However, it was no use. Even though she has a torch light with her, the darkness was still there.

Seoyeon squinted her eyes when a bright light shone right in front of her. She blocked the darkness with the back of her hand. She put down her hand and looked around her, she was no longer in the darkness. In fact, she's standing in a familiar place. The sun was setting on the beach, and it was a beautiful view. She turned her head and noticed a black car.

'This car...' she thoughts.

'That's right! This car and this place. This must be the prologue!' she spoke in her mind as she finally figured it out. But soon, her anxiety has came to visit her again.

'If this is the prologue... Then there's V who--' she gasped. She lifted her head. And to her expectation, a man in a black hoodie was standing there. Not moving.

'Oh no,' Seoyeon thought. The man took a few steps forward, as if he was going to jump down from the high place. No, in fact, he is going to jump down and end his life. And Seoyeon knew about that. She hurried towards the man, but it was too late. The man jumped down and dropped in to the sea... 

'No!' Seoyeon screamed in her head, tears started to fill her eyes. 'No...'

She then turned her head and looked at the other six men. They were looking at her. With that same expression again. Seoyeon shook her head in disbelief, she wanted to tell them how much she's disappointed at them. Their friend were trying to end his own life, yet they were just sitting there, staring at him ending his life. But she couldn't. She hated that she couldn't speak.

The boy in a blue sweater, holding a camera turned his head and looked at her. He shook his head. And as if he could read her mind, he opened his mouth and spoke softly, 'We... don't have much time left.' 

And with that, Seoyeon's vision started to turn blurry, the boys started to disappear one by one.

'N-no! What do you mean by you don't have much time left?' she cried out in her head.

"No!" Seoyeon shouted and sprang out of bed. Her loud voice woke her roommate up. Her two roommates woke up, one of them rushed to her immediately while the other one stayed on her bed, groaning and went to turn on the light. "Agh, Kim Seoyeon. Do you seriously have to do this every night?"

"Sorry, Jane. I can't help it." Seoyeon sighed and hung her head low.

"Kim Seo! Are you okay? Are you dreaming about that again?" the other girl asked out of concern, unlike Jane. "Look, you even cried!" she exclaimed and pointed at the drop of tears on her cheek. Seoyeon's eyes grew big,

"D-did I?" she asked and quickly wiped off her tears. She then stopped and looked at her friend, who looked back at her with a clueless expression.

"Mina, what's the time?" she asked,

"Oh? It's... 3 a.m." she said after taking a look at the clock attached on the wall.

Seoyeon gasped. She threw the pillow and blanket out of her way, searching for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter