Shy Sinb

The Magical Stone

TMS CHAPTER 2

Umji sighed for the nth time that day. Sure her shy Sinb was adorable and cute and all the innocent things in the world. But it was starting to bother her how insecure the girl was. 

It even came to a point where shy Sinb didn't even want to go outside because too many people are there and she could be judged. So there goes the thought of taking her Sinb out on a date.

"Sinb?" Umji looked worriedly at her unnie. 

Sinb looked up at her and it was a miracle how the older didn't evade her eyes. 

"Have you heard? Boyish Sinb disappeared last night." Umji said as she sat down beside her Sinb. 

"I felt it. We're all connected somehow." Sinb said. She has that soft voice that you almost can't here. 

"So...who do you think will be next?" Umji said as she smiled cheekily at Sinb who just looked at her.

"I don't know." Sinb pouted. "Why are you asking me that?" 

"Nothing." Umji laughed. "Let's go see what the other unnies are doing?" She extended her hand towards Sinb.

Sinb nodded and accepted Umji's hand. They first saw Yerin and loud Sinb at the sofa. They were watching tv and had popcorns. The two were throwing popcorns at each other and the pillows are in the floor. Loud laughter was coming from the both of them. 

"Unnies!" Umji smiled brightly at the two who looked back at her. 

"Hey! Come watch this movie with us." Yerin invited.

Umji looked at her Sinb but the girl was looking down. 

"Nah. Maybe later." Umji declined. 

She felt a tugging at her shirt and when she looked, she saw her Sinb tugging at the edge of her shirt. 

"What is it?" Umji faced Sinb. 

Sinb slightly raised her head and pointed to the popcorn the two were eating.

"Do you want one?" Umji asked with her face so close to Sinb so that she could hear what the girl was saying. 

Sinb nodded. Sinb was getting comfortable with Umji but still shy with the other people. 

"You're like a kid!" Umji smiled with amusement.

"I'm your unnie!" Sinb tried to shout but the volume didn't sound too high.

Umji winked at her unnie and went to go get some popcorn from the two.

"Unnies, give me some popcorn." Umji said with aegyo. 

"No. This popcorn is enough for us already. Here," Yerin gave 300 won to Umji, "Just go buy downstairs. There's a mini stand that sells popcorn just outside our building." 

Umji smiled and thanked her unnies. She walked back to her Sinb and asked her if she wants to  come, knowing full well that the girl might decline. 

"I'm going." Sinb maintained eye contact with Umji and that made the girl really happy. She immidiately reached for Sinb's hand and ran outside their dorm to the elevator. 

"What made you decide to go outside this time?" Umji asked as she played with the older girl's fingers. 

"I feel scared without you by my side." Sinb murmured. Umji wasn't able to hear it so she moved her ear closer. 

"What?" Umji asked again. 

Sinb got beet red and moved her head left and right. "Nothing!" She shouted, kind of high pitched.

Umji was going to ask her what's wrong when the lights of the elevator suddenly turned off. 

They both screamed and reached for each other. Sinb reached for Umji's arm and the other hugged the girl tightly. 

The elevator didn't move and no other thing could be seen because of the dark. 

"W-what's happening?" Sinb trembled, making Umji tighten her hold on the shy girl. 

"Must be a blackout." Umji was scared, but she kept her cool for her Sinb. She already decided that she'll act as an unnie for Sinb. 

"What do we do?" Umji felt something wet on her shoulders and that's when she realized that Sinb was crying.

"Shhhh. I'll call the unnies. There's nothing to be afraid about. The elevator just malfunctioned. Nothing bad is going to happen." Umji said as she wiped the tears of the crying girl. 

Shy Sinb was also the fearful and insecure Sinb. 

The elevator in their dorm usually malfunctions often so Umji was getting used to it. But Sinb, well, she's fearful and scared of everything.

Umji reached for her phone with her other hand while the other hand was wrapped around Sinb's waist. She found out that she had no more load to call the other members but she could send a message, although she wasn't sure when the unnies would see her message. 

When she sent her message she sat down the floor and dragged Sinb with her. 

"It's hot." Umji said. There was no opening anywhere and no aircondition. Of course it was hot.

"Yeah." Sinb said as she buried her face into Umji's neck. She wasn't scared anymore. She felt safe in Umji's arms. There's that contentment whenever she's with Umji. 

Being the innocent girl she is, shy Sinb doesn't know that her simple attraction may turn to love, so she dismissed it off with close friendship, thinking of Umji as her friend or older sister. 

"You can sleep. I'll wake you up when the elevator starts functioning again." Umji whispered to Sinb. It was getting hotter and hotter by the second but the two wouldn't let go if each other. Sinb nodded and tried to sleep as Umji told her to do so. 

A few minutes later, Umji recieved a text from her unnies saying that they already called a technician to fix the elevator. 

So when the elevator started functioning again, Umji woke up Sinb. But the older girl didn't wake up and slept peacefully. 

Umji smiled to herself and poked Sinb's nose. "It's nice being in control for once. Being an unnie is nice...but it's also hard. You have to keep calm, act as if you're okay, so that the others will also be okay. Act as if you're fine when you aren't, just for the sake of the dongsaengs. Now I understand Sowon unnie and the other unnies." 

Umji smiled to herself, these experiences are nice sometimes. She was waiting for the elevator to reach the ground floor so she had a lot of time waiting. She looked at the sleeping Sinb once again.

"Why do I feel like I need to protect you? Why do I treasure you so much? Almost as if you're the most precious thing in the world. I wonder why I feel like this." Umji pouted, "I should ask the unnies later about this." 

Also being an innocent ball of fluff, Umji too didn't realize that her simple protectiveness to Sinb would turn to love. The two girls don't understand what their feelings are. But they do know that it's mutual. 

Umji was about to wake Sinb up when the elevator opened. But she saw the girl's peaceful face while sleeping so she decided to just carry the girl on her back. 

Contrary to the rumors, Umji is actually really strong so it was a piece of cake for Umji to carry Sinb. 

She walked outside and saw the stand Yerin was talking about earlier. She bought a bag of popcorn but another thing caught her eye. 

It was a nice pendant with a heart on it. 

"Are you interested in it maam? You can go give it as a present to your girlfriend." The clerk said as he pointed to Sinb who was still sleeping peacefully on her shoulder.

Umji looked over to her, yup a pendant would suit her. Umji thought. 

"She's not my girlfriend." Umji pouted. 

"But you can still give the pendant as a present to her." The clerk smiled. 

Umji thought for a minute before smiling and handing another 500 won for the pendant. 


Later on, Sinb woke up in their dorm. She looked at her side and saw a bag of popcorn and a pendant. 

Sinb already knew instantly that it was from Umji. She smiled and took the pendant. It had a heart on it making it more beautiful. She placed it on her chest and remembered Umji. 

"Where's Umji?" She wondered. 

She stood up and went out of the door. She saw Umji and Eunha talking in the kitchen so she waited until the two finished. She wasn't planning on eavesdropping but then she heard her name. 

"Are you sure Eunha Unnie?" Umji asked worriedly. 

"What else could it be Yewon-ah." Eunha smiled at their maknae. 

"But...I thought it was because I wanted to be an unnie for once." Umji pouted. 

"You get hurt whenever you see her hurt. You want to protect her and to you she's more precious than a million diamonds. She is your diamond. You don't want to see her sad and crying. You always want to be with her, to protect her, to hold her. Isn't that what love is?" Eunha said. A sad smile crept up her face. 

"Did you ever feel that way once?" Umji asked her unnie. 

"I did. Yesterday." Eunha forced a smile. 

"Oh." Umji said with a sad face. 

"You know Umji, it's your choice if you want to let her disappear or not. If you want to be selfish or selfless."

Umji sighed. She was doing just fine earlier. No worries, no problems. But then she was curious about her feelings so she asked her Eunha unnie. And now, she feels a burden creeping on her heart. 

"What is the right thing to do?" Umji asked. "Maybe...maybe we can just keep it this way. Maybe it's okay if we don't let Sinb unnie revert to her normal self. It would make us all happy with her being split into five. All of us have someone, all of us aren't feeling hurt. Isn't that okay?" 

Eunha frowned, "What would the original Sinb feel when she hears this? This means that we can't accept her fully. This means that we don't want her but want only one part of her. That hurts on her side too. It's still your choice Umji." Eunha said. She stood up and left Umji on the kitchen. On the door she met with Sinb. 

"Hey." Eunha smiled. "You know who we were talking about right?" 

Sinb nodded. 

"You have a choice too. It depends on you both of you." Eunha said as she placed her hand on Sinb's shoulder. 

Sinb mustered her courage and walked inside the kitchen where Umji was thinking.

"Oh. Since when were you here?" Umji said in surprise when she saw her. 

"I heard everything." Sinb sat beside her. 

Umji kept quiet for a minute. 

"Look! I'm sorry! I was being selfish and insensitive! I thought about it already. I...I won't let my feelings get in the way." Umji pleaded. 

"I'm not angry." Sinb smiled. She showed the necklace to Umji. "Put it on me?" 

Umji nodded still in shock. She reached for the necklace and stood behind Sinb. She slowly wrapped the necklace in Sinb's neck.

After she put it on Sinb's neck, she wrapped her arms around the older girl's neck. 

"I love you too." Sinb smiled as she held Umji's arm. 

"What?" Umji said in surprise. 

"I told you I heard. I heard that you love me. And I love you too." Sinb turned around and gave a peck on Umji's cheek. Sinb turned red but didn't look away.

Umji stood like a stone for a moment before looking back at Sinb. She saw the girl's legs slowly fading. 

"Sinb your legs!" Umji panicked. Tears were forming in her eyes. She was about to let go of the hug but Sinb held her arms tighter.

"No. It's fine." Sinb said. 

"But-" Umji cried but Sinb cut her off. 

"Thank you for giving me confidence. You may not realize it, but I feel confident whenever I'm with you." Sinb said. "The pendant...give it to me again once I'm back in one piece okay?" 

Another peck on the cheek, and the only thing that was left was the pendant in Umji's hand. 

Umji sighed. She experienced falling inlove and having a heartbreak on the same day. 

"Some experiences aren't good." She said as she let tears fall while clutching the pendant.

---

Sorry for not being able to update in a while. I'm trash like that. So this is just a short Umji x Sinb. I might have disappointed some of you so I'm sorry for that. I'll try updating soon. Next is Sowon and mature Sinb ;)