# SEARCHING FOR STARLIGHT

WHY, STARLIGHT, WHY? /// apply open!
do not change the size 500*240

SEARCHING FOR STARLIGHT

» IN DEPTH : THE OUTLINES


This section shall give you an overview about the story, it's settings and the group of friends your character will travel with.

Summer 2017. The stage for "Why, Starlight, Why?"  is South Korea. The characters will go on a roadtrip with various stations, starting in their hometown Pohang. Following their friend's footsteps with the help of her messages, crossing cities and meeting new people, they will hopefully arrive at the beach of Jindo, where all strings seem to merge.

Years ago, a group of seven junior high students found together over an online forum called SIRIUS, where people were able to share and learn practically everything about astrology, zodiac signs and horoscopes. 
Some of them had joined because they loved the topic, others might have joined to befriend other persons from the future squad... everyone has their own reasons, after all.
Bonds were made in the comment sections and private areas of their blogs, and soon enough, the seven found together to form a rainbow. They soon got closer, sharing phone numbers and e-mail adresses, and soon enough, SIRIUS was forgotten by most of them- by the end of high school, Yewon had become the only one still using it frequently, almost daily. sometimes the rest of the "milkyway squad" even made fun of her for holding on to this site as if it was her dear life- barely did they know she had met someone else in the forum, someone she blessed with her heart by the end of May in 2016.

June 2017; Shortly after their summer break started, college student Im Yewon vanished from home, the only thing left being a note that said she was on a spontanous roadtrip with her boyfriend, and that she'd keep everyone updated- and she did. Various phone calls were made, photos and short video clips were sent. Everything was okay. No one was worried... until the messages stopped coming

More than a hundred calls were made, more than a thousand messages were sent- yet the long-awaited answer never came. Until... an unknown number sent them a single word as a hint, a straw for her friends to clasp on:

"SIRIUS."

No one would have thought that the site where their first bonds were created would also become the site that would help them getting back to their friend, Starlight. But...

...does Starlight even want to be found?
 

THE CAR : CHOOSE YOUR SEAT «


So here are a few guidelines and tips on how to raise your character's chances to get chosen:

¬ You can choose between male and female characters.

¬ Age should differ from 19 to 23 years. (Means: from high school grads to college seniors)

¬ Characters should be at least half Korean.

¬ They should preferably live in Pohang/ have moved there/ visit the town very frequently.

¬ Your character can have any relation with Yewon (except dating her) or any other character.
   (That means I'll allow collabs- i'd even say they're cute!)


¬ Your character could do anything in his free time- work part-time, party hard or be part of a gang. You decide what their everyday life looked like before the trip, the activities they liked, the things they enjoyed, how close they were/are to everyone...

¬ Not all characters need to have a driving license. I'll need at least one character (better two) with a license and a car, though. It'd be nice if we had characters with different "tasks" in the team.

¬ Keep in mind that the interview in the app takes place after Yewon stopped messaging them and before they started their own trip! (That means they should know about the fact that she's... let's say "on a run with her boyfriend".

¬ No one knows about their final destination yet! The characters will get clues and messages by meeting people in the cities, villages and their accommodations!

¬ Rather than just subscribing and sending me your app, I'd also like it if you talk to me and interact with me. Tell me your thoughts on the story, tell me what you think about  the hints dropped in the teasers, about the characters in the story... everything you want! I've never liked silent applicants to be honest, since you're also an important part of the story, not just your characters or me. 

¬ If there's anything you'd like to clearify, know or discuss, feel free to ask me! : )


WHAT A YUMMY APP : MINT ICE CREAM POINTS


A few tips on how to cheat your way into my heart and secure your character's a cozy place in the car!
 
¬ Aesthetic applications. I like the usage of decent colours and pictures in apps, because they speak to me on a different level than super lengthy text passages. Remember- one picture can replace a hundred words.
 
¬ Humor and displaying your character as good as possible in the interview.
 
¬ That means additions like detailed moodboards and a nicely developed interview can easily replace the elaboration in the personality section. Work hard on your personality traits section and the interview and -if nessecary- explain the traits not shown in any quote, scenario or interview to me and you will be spared from writing two or more passages of character description. 
If you prefer writing though, make your fingers glow from all the typing! I don't care about the format as long as I can grasp your characters persoanlity, behaviour and values.
 
¬ Including things like mbti classification, zodiac signs, hogwarts houses, fairytale characters, animals, elements, tropes, whatever that helps me understand even more aspects and layers of your character. : )
 
¬ Of course, including Yewon in your application will be a huge plus point that's easy to acchieve.
 
¬ No preferences for faceclaims, as long as they fit the age and personality of your character (because I bet I won't even know the names of half of the faceclaims lol).
 
¬ Last but not least, have fun! Ask me if anything is wrong or unclear, I love talking to people about stories and characters and whatnot!



WHAT'S THAT : THE FAQ

Frequently asked questions will show up here to help you all out!

¬ ask me anything.

 

THE NEW APPLICATION LAYOUT WAS ADDED!

FORMER APPLICANTS WON'T HAVE TO SEND IN A NEW APP!

meaning you can leave their apps the way they are! (sorry for caps lol)

TURN IN : SOURCE CODE : YEWON