Is It You?

Love Will Find You

Brenda and I landed in Incheon airport at 9.30 local time. The airport is way better than the last time I was here, when I left Korea. Whoa..can’t believe it’s 14 years already since then. Looking at the changes that happened on the airport building, I can’t even start to imagine what Seoul looks like now. Surely there were many improvement now right?

How about Umma and Appa’s home then? Is it changed also? And my favorite udon restaurant near their house, is it still open? I shake my head to get rid of those silly questions. I keep telling myself that I’m here to work, not for a vacation! Even though I’m really curious, I can’t just swing by their house just like that. I’ve work to manage here..

After we got our luggage, we step out of the arrival gate. My body feels pretty stiff after sleeping in awkward position (and sitting for 8 hours straight), I don’t recall being this tired when I first came here. I really can’t wait to get to our hotel room and lay down for a bit.

As you all may guessed already, I finally agreed to help Brenda on this project. Even though I have a lot of worries and concern, but I still think that it’s not a good idea to sacrifice Brenda’s company and ruin my own chance to build a network because of them. Besides, what does a memory from the past has to do with my future, right?

I look around at my surrounding; there are people who come here to pick up their family, relatives, or even lover. Here and there all I can see is happy faces, people sharing hugs, shaking hands with a beaming smile on their faces. I smile bitterly at the sight. It’s a really different scenery compared to the Departure Terminal, at least from what I’ve seen 14 years ago. It’s still crystal clear on my mind, as if it’s just happened yesterday.

Flashback

I carried my backpack, while oppa carried my luggage and also a box full of gifts for my family. We dropped my luggage in the baggage counter in silence. He was so focused in checking all my luggage, as if it was the utmost important thing for him right now. After we’re done with the luggage, we walked hand in hand to the Departure Gate. He could only accompany me until here. After that I would have to walk by my own to the designated waiting room, where the rest of the student exchange group participants were waiting for me. I should have been there with them already, but since I woke up rather late today, I was late.

I could feel his steps were getting slower the more we approach the gate. I could feel my own steps were getting heavier too, as if I didn’t have the strength to step further. Finally we’re there, he tightened his hold on my hand, and turned to face me.

Several times he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. For a moment we could only stare at each other. I could see his eyes were already b with tears, and judging by the heat that I felt on my eyes and nose, mine were the same.

Finally he opted to pull me into his arms, holding me tight, pouring all his feelings inside that one hug. Things that he failed to say in words. And I could hear it all, loud and clear. I could only put my arms around his waist and hold on tight to him. The tears that I tried so hard to keep at bay finally fell one by one. Soon, I was one sobbing mess, his shirt was soaked wet from my tears.

“Ssh..don’t cry..” he hoarsely said. I knew he was only trying to make me feel better. He loosened his hold and tried to take a look at my face, but I resisted and buried my face deeper on his chest.

 “My Felix, Kitty..” he put his hand under my chin and tried to lift my face. I stubbornly kept my head down. I felt safe leaning on his chest, breathing his signature cologne scent. For a moment I could fool myself into believing that we’re still have forever together, and would never ever ever be separated. And this was not our last moment to ever see each other again.

He seemed to realize that I need time to control my emotion, he tightened his hold on me again.

“You know I won’t forget you, right?” he whispered on my ear. I only nodded.

“I will keep on sending emails to you, so that you won’t forget me. I know how forgetful you can be..” he tried to lightened the mood by teasing me.

It worked; I couldn’t help but to raise my head to glare at him.

 “That’s more like it, don’t cry baby..” he wiped the tears on my cheek with his favorite handkerchief that he always bring with him everywhere he goes. I took it over from his hand and wiped my own tears.

I lifted my face to take a good last look on him, and found out that he did the same. I can see emotions swimming on his dark doe eyes. It’s like we both realized, this is it..no more turning back after this. This was really the end.

He leaned his face to mine, our faces were so close that our breath mingled together. His eyes staring at mine so carefully, as if asking for permission. I felt myself closing my eyes, and tilting my face to meet his.

I can feel his lips softly move against mine. It was meant to be an innocent peck, just like our first kiss. But somehow, the desperation, anguish, and the fear of the unknown future without each other had made our kiss more intense.

I circled my arms behind his neck tightly, while he tightened his hold on my waist. As if we’re unconsciously trying to mold ourselves together, so that we could never be separated. We kissed like no tomorrow, forgetting the world around us, until the need of air become unbearable.

We mutually broke off the kiss, our harsh breath mingled as we leaned our foreheads together and gasping for air. Vaguely I heard the last call for my flight. Unwillingly, we finally separated, and he intertwined his hand with mine as we walk right to the front of the gate. Once again, he held me tight, and then kissed my forehead. I tried so hard not to cry again when I walked to the airport staff who checked my passport and ticket. Before I walked through the gate, I turned around to see him for the very last time. He still stood there, looking at me with sad doe eyes.

I tried to smile as I waved my hand to him. I tried to say something, anything just to say goodbye to him. But in the end, I could only muttered a small “bye” before I turned around and run through the gate. I felt like if I stared longer, I’d never be able to leave.

Brenda unknowingly stops my train of memories when she grabs my arm to walk towards a man in black suit who holds a piece of carton with our names.

That man introduces himself as Park Doo Shik, or we can call him by his English name, Donny. With heavily accented English he explains that he’s the staff that the company sent to pick us up from the airport.

While walking to the parking lot, Donny explains that he will take us to our hotel first to check in. The trip from Incheon to Seoul will take around two hours, depends on the traffic situation. If we start now, we’ll have enough time to have lunch and rest for a bit once we arrive in Seoul. The meeting with Hanyang Tour itself will start at 4.30 PM.

On our way to Seoul, I’m still drown in my own memories, and choose to look at the window to see the scenery of Incheon. While Danny and Brenda are discussing about the weather and also Korean tourism in general.

After we arrive in our hotel, Donny helps us with the luggage and also the hotel check in. After that he says that he will take care of something first, and will pick us up at 3.30 PM to take us to the Hanyang Tour’s office.

Our hotel room is quite fancy, it has two single bed, spacious bathroom, and also a balcony facing the infamous Han River. We will have a nice scenery of Seoul at night time.

****

As promised, Donny picks us up at 3.30 PM sharp. Our trip turns out to be smoother than expected, in 25 minutes we already reached our destination. After we get to know the staffs, they lead us to a meeting room.

The meeting room is quite spacious, with a big oval shaped table in the middle of the room, and chairs surrounding it. A laptop and an LCD projector is prepared for the presentation at the end of the table. Several staffs have already came and sit in their own chairs. Looks like they’re the important staffs from this agency.

A man in grey suit who sits in the head of the table stands up and approaches us. The man is not too tall, and looks like he’s in his 50s. He still looks sturdy despite his grey hair. He introduces himself in accented English as Mr. Park, Hanyang Tour CEO.

Brenda shakes his hand and introduces herself. I reflexively bow to him and greet him in Korean. Mr. Park, Donny, and some other staff look surprised when they hear me speaking Korean. Seems like I unconsciously don’t speak much since the first time I arrived here.

We really didn’t expect that you can speak Korean! What a pleasant surprise. You really speak like a native Miss..” Mr. Park joyfully switched to Korean.

“Ah..my Korean is a bit rusty now since I don’t speak it often anymore. I was lucky enough to get a chance to study here for a year during high school, that’s why I can speak it well.” I explained.

“It’s still a wonderful surprise miss, what a luck huh? Do you know miss, we’ve been worried that our meeting today will be obstructed since not many of us can speak English well. Our agency mostly catered for Chinese and Japanese tourists, as a result, we have more Japanese and Chinese speakers than the English ones.” he explains and then gestures us to sit on the empty chairs next to him.

 Once we’re all sit down, I realize that there are still some empty chairs. Maybe they don’t have too many staffs, I think to myself.

“Actually we’ve appointed a special staff to work together with you two on this project, since he’s the one with the best English around here. Of course, at that time we have no idea that you can speak Korean,” Mr. Park smiles warmly at us.

I translate Mr. Park’s words to Brenda, and this seemingly makes him realizes that he still need to use English, at least for now since Brenda cannot understand it.

 “Ah, my apology. I’m too excited knowing that Ms. Felicia can speak Korean well, and forgot about you Ms. Brenda. From now on we’ll talk in English.” he politely apologies to Brenda.

“No problem Mr. Park,” Brenda answers.

Unfortunately said staff is running a bit late today. He is attending a sudden meeting with our other client. I hope you would be understanding and wait a little bit more, he should be coming any minute now. We can’t really start the meeting without him, since he is the one who’s going to give presentation regarding details of our cooperation, before we can sign the contract.” said Mr. Park.

After ensuring Mr. Park that we really don’t mind to wait for that staff, he gives us the copy of the contract draft that we will sign in a moment. When Brenda and I are discussing about the draft, I hear the door opens and followed by fast footsteps.

 “I’m sorry I’m late,” said a man’s voice in Korean.

I feel my heart stopped beating for a second, and then starts to beating madly in my chest, as I hear the seemingly familiar voice. Could it be??

When I lift my head to look at the source of the voice, a familiar pair of doe eyes locks with mine. For a moment that pair of eyes seem to grow bigger, and I’m sure my eyes do the same.

Joongie oppa??

________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Here comes the second chapter.. In the next chapter we'll get to meet more of this mysterious Joongie oppa. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Comments, feedbacks and upvotes are golden! ^^