Epilogue

Mythical

"Take a look at the ing bill. Your ability to exceed $500 each month never fails to blow my mind." Yoongi sighed and pinched his nose bridge in distress.

Taehyung grinned sheepishly and took a step back stealthily before running out of the room.

"Yah! Get back here this instant!" Yoongi buried his face into his palms and groaned. Great.

Taehyung wasn't bad. Not at all. He wasn't rebellious, he never stays out late and he has never brought any women back to the house even though he has a handsome face. Maybe it's because of his face that he's able to get out of trouble every single time. That's what Yoongi thinks anyway. But what annoys Yoongi the most is how Taehyung spends more than 3 hours in the bathroom each day which always leads to a five hundred dollar bill slapped right in their faces each month. Yoongi crossed out the possibility of Taehyung ing in the bathroom because who even es for this long?


 

"Excuse me," Yoongi gently kicked the body lying lifelessly on the shore. "Are you dead?"

There was no response.

Truth to be told, Yoongi was afraid. What if he really stumbled across a dead body? First, his application to get into his music composition course got rejected and now he stumbles across a dead body, not to mention in the middle of the night where not a single soul could be seen. Jimin would totally rub this in his face for the rest of his life.

Yoongi took a deep breath and crouched down, internally praying for the man to be alive. He then shakily placed his index finger under the man's nose. Warm air brushed against his finger.

 

He was alive. Thank goodness.

Yoongi heaved a sigh of relief and glanced around. Should he even bother with this stranger? It's not like he's dead. He will wake up eventually. But what if he dies? Yoongi groaned. Why was this happening to him again? He carefully pulled the man up into a sitting position and draped him across his back before standing up, with much difficulty.

This stranger so owed him his life.


 

But why does it feel as if Yoongi owed Taehyung his life instead? Yoongi hit his head on the desk lightly, mindlessly attaching the bill onto his forehead.

Yoongi was determined to find out what Taehyung did in the bath. After all, he was the one that was paying for the whole house expenses while Taehyung basically lived off him.


 

"What's your name?" Yoongi questioned, eyeing the young male sitting in his bed skeptically. He was probably around his twenties and he was handsome beyond words. His eyes a dark shade of green, his hair silver in colour, his nose perfectly angled, his lips dusted pink and complexion slightly pale. Never has Yoongi seen anyone that looked like this before. It's as if he was an ethereal being.

"T-Taehyung." The said male answered, looking confused of his surroundings. When asked, Taehyung could not remember a single thing about himself except for his name.

"I found you lying motionless on the shore so I brought you here. Hope you don't mind."

Taehyung opened his mouth and tried to speak, only to be cut off by Yoongi. "No need to thank me. Although I'd hate it but you can stay here for the time being. Until you remember something." Maybe it was because of how beautiful Taehyung looked in that moment or maybe it was because Yoongi woke up on the right side of bed that day that he unintentionally allowed a stranger a place to stay in his house.



Taehyung is just like a baby, Yoongi snickered as Taehyung wobbled when he stood up and fell back onto the bed. Yoongi, being the kind soul that he claims himself to be, helped Taehyung up on the second try and although as much as he’d like to deny it, Yoongi felt as though a jolt of electricity shot through him. On the third try, Taehyung finally managed to stand on his own although he was busy flailing his arms about as he tried to find his balance. “These legs are wonderful” Taehyung’s face lit up and Yoongi officially concluded that both he himself and Taehyung was crazy.

 

“Woah!” Taehyung would exclaim every passing minute as his eyes darted around in curiosity and excitement. This was the very first time Yoongi brought Taehyung out after that incident 2 months ago, even though he was too lazy to step out of the house. Taehyung pestered him every hour to bring him out ‘to explore the magical land’ as quoted from Taehyung, after he finally mastered how to walk and oh how Yoongi wished Taehyung hadn’t learnt how to walk yet. However, Yoongi knew deep down inside that he would eventually give in to Taehyung because he had a soft spot for that guy’s adorable rectangular smile that always did funny things to his heart. I should visit the doctor’s soon, Yoongi thought and placed a hand over his thumping chest.

“W-what is that?” Taehyung pointed at the baby live octopus that’s currently being cut into small pieces, his expression one that is of fear.

“Hm? A live octopus.” Yoongi answered nonchalantly and picked up his chopsticks, ready to dig in. He was tired and famished after being dragged by an indefatigable Taehyung all around town.

“How could you humans even eat them?!” Taehyung shrieked and grabbed the octopus from the lady that was helping to cut it before running out of the restaurant. Yoongi stared at Taehyung’s disappearing back in bewilderment and gave an abashed smile towards the lady who was screaming at Taehyung to give her back the octopus. Yoongi quickly ran after Taehyung and had no choice but to bring him to the ocean to release the octopus after much bickering with the wailing and stubborn boy.

 

He had been way too generous, Yoongi thinks as he hides behind his locked door with his right ear pressed tightly against the door, patiently waiting for Taehyung to walk into the bathroom. Yoongi checks the black rimmed clock hanging at the top of his bed one last time as the minute hand strikes 12. 12AM. It’s about time.

 

Taehyung’s footsteps could be heard as he padded softly across the wooden floor. As the sound of the bathroom door clicked shut, Yoongi turned his door knob slowly and stepped out of his hiding place. With the bathroom key in hand, Yoongi presses his ear against the bathroom door and waits for the sound of water to fill his ear.

 

Five minutes passed. Ten minutes passed.

 

It’s time to act now, Yoongi decided. He would finally be able to see Taehyung’s body again (not counting the first time he changed for an unconscious and drenched Taehyung). Oh god, Yoongi could feel himself getting a already. He shook his head to get the thoughts out. Now is not the time to think about this. Pushing the key into the handle’s keyhole, Yoongi slowly turned the handle and pushed the door open to leave a tiny gap for him to peek through. There in his half- glory laid Taehyung in the bathtub with his eyes closed and a contented smile painted across his face. But that wasn’t the reason why Yoongi was shocked beyond words.

Yoongi kicked open the door and his eyes widened tenfolds as he scanned Taehyung’s body, more specifically his tail which was protruding out of the bathtub.

Oh my ing god.

Taehyung quickly turned his head towards the door and stared back at Yoongi in horror before the situation sank into his head and he followed Yoongi’s line of sight towards his tail. His tail was a beautiful shade of light blue with a few spots of dark blue decorating it and it was glowing if you had to ask Yoongi to describe it.

Now it all made sense. How Yoongi found Taehyung passed out on the shore, how Yoongi was attracted to Taehyung at first sight, how Taehyung didn’t know a single thing about himself, how Taehyung did not know how to stand, let alone walk and how Taehyung was fascinated by every single object and person he saw on the streets… Suddenly it all clicked.


 

 

Taehyung was a merman and Yoongi was in love with him.

 

This turned out weird. But oh wells. I hope you guys liked it! And I haven't been updating regularly because I didn't have any inspiration so if you guys have any prompts, feel free to leave them in the comments down below and I might attempt to write them! ^ ^