Prologue : Sleeping with monsters

The Broken Pieces of Our Hearts

 

Prologue 
 

A life that's dream like.

A dream that's like real life.

I could never tell the difference between the two.

A monster that wander my dreams of the night.

A voice that whispers in my ear during the day.

A monster that I created because of my fears. He was my comfort, my love.... My only friend.

He saved me from that horrible life i lived but now he's my enemy.

I am no longer that scared little girl he once loved. The thought of who I was before left angers him. I want to be around others and reach my dreams but he only wants me for himself.

The time I realized I no longer needed his help he began to hurt me. He began to make me fear again.

That's when I realized I've been sleeping with a monster.
 

" My dear, what brings you to my sacred home? I thought you never wanted to see my face again." he mocked me as he looked in the mirror.

"Though, I don't know why exactly. I am y after all." he smirked sickly at me.

It was true the man I made up in my conscious was beautiful more than any man I've seen.

Though his personality resembles a serpent. He had dashing features: Sharp jaw line, beautiful red eyes, slightly tanned skin , muscular yet slim body , tall, and beautiful silver and black hair.

He was truly every girl's desire and wasn't afraid to show it either.

" I have a request -"

" Request- request.... Mm I never was the one to take up favors nor would I listen to you anymore." he chuckled.

" Just... Please listen to me this once." I pleaded. He sighed and looked at me with his deep red eyes.

" Why should I?" he crossed his arms as he sat down on his black leather couch.

" B-because .... You said you would always protect me. That you would do anything for me as long as I was okay." I said looking at him. My voice was soft from being so tired of crying.

" That have changed now." he said closing his eyes.

" What do you mean by that? Don't you love me? "

" Shouldn't I be asking you if you still love me? You're trying to get rid of me and I know it." his jaw clenched a little after he spoke.

" I did .... I do but..."

" But what?! You have a new life now so you want to leave me behind!? You said you love me. " he yelled with so much sadness in his voice.

I never wanted to leave him behind but he hurts me...

" You've became selfish and jealous! You made me into something I never wanted to be! I want friends, I want a normal family, I want to reach my dreams!...... I want to find love. You say you would protect me and make me happy but your hurting me. You always state my insecurities and make me feel worthless.... I can't take it anymore." my eyes stung from tears of anger and sadness. 

" I only did that because ever since you move in with that women you never visit me. You forgot about me.... Y-you abandoned me. You said you would never do that to me unless it was time for me to let go! I-it's not time..... You're not safe yet. D-dont you see how much I care?" tears fell down his face as well.

My heart clenched as I remembered our childish promises we made.

" Just let me go. I want to be free from you." my voice broke.

" Never." he says still with his eyes closed

" Just please let me live my life without you doing things to ruin it. You don't have to leave but just leave me alone."

" Stop making me into a monster! All I ever did wrong was to love you! If you didn't want me in the first place why did you call me!? You never loved me ! You never did." his voice soften into a whimper. Why was this so hard? Why are we doing this?

Dongwook-ah, I-" suddenly I was pushed to the wall harshly. I winced as the wind was nearly knocked out of me.

" I love you so much. No one else will ever love you like me. If they do...... I will officially let go but as of now..." he looked deeply at me as he towered me.

" You're mines...." he kissed me roughly. My body starts to get weak under his touch.

Dongwook-ah. . please" he sighed pulling me into his arms. He was cold yet very warm. It always confused me.

" Fine. I will let you be but if I say a few things every now and then,sorry." he said in defeat

" Thank you." I said as my body began to become limp and my eyes began to get heavy. I was about to leave this dream.

" Just know .... You will need me and when you do I will come back no matter what. You are mines...."

I left his world to return to mines. Waking up in my room.