5 cm

amore

5 cm

 

He can feel himself slipping into insanity—or death, same thing, he isn’t sure he will survive anyway. He closes his eyes, unable to handle the pretty sight from this close proximity.

 

God, help me.

 

The person before him shifts, leaning her forehead closer against his. He prays so hard that she won’t be able to see his reddening ears or notice the slight tremor in his hands. Minhyuk breathes deep to calm himself, only to (almost) choke at the flowery scent coming from her.

 

I’m dying.

 

I’m dying and I’ll soon find myself with my late grandmother.

 

Distantly, he can hear the sound of the MCs, their friends, and the audience cheering them on as they pose for the viewers. Byulyi had—to his utter embarassment—initiated the contact, unaware of the rapid beating of his heart as she came closer to him, smiling with her eyes. Minhyuk, like a fool in love he is, followed her lead, trying to look cool and composed—and failing.

 

Unnoticed by anyone, she lets out a light giggle. Hearing that, the knot in his stomach loosens, causing him to smile.

 

“Decalcomanie...?”

 

Minhyuk and Byulyi look at each other, confused. They turn to stare at the PD who suggests them to do something for the viewers as they will have a special stage.

 

He nods. “Yeah, just pose for five seconds—nothing more!”

 

Five seconds, he said, Minhyuk grumbles inwardly. Five seconds to my death, you mean.

 

“We can pose whatever?” Byulyi asks from beside him.

 

The PD nods again.

 

Byulyi glances at Minhyuk and grins. There is a glint in her eyes that causes his hackles to rise. “No worries,” she says assuringly, “We can do it.” Leaning closer to him, she whispers, “Just follow my lead, oppa.”

 

That lead leads to this current predicament: Minhyuk standing so close to her with only five centimeters between them, breaths mingling, him dizzy with her scent and the softness of her palms, while Byulyi is blissfully oblivious, finding this amusing to her.

 

This woman will be the death of me.

 

Slowly, she tilts her head sideways, causing him to open his eyes and follow her movement. From the corner of his eyes, he sees her smiling so wide with her nose scrunching up adorably. Minhyuk can’t help but smile fondly before facing the cameras and crowd, who cheer at their pose. Byulyi removes her hands and laughs shyly, covering her face with her hands. He blinks slowly, completely dazed at the lovely sight.

 

I’m seeing heaven...

 

Ilhoon discreetly elbows him on the rib, snapping him back to reality. He’s still alive, barely as it is, and quickly plastering a smile on his face.

 

Stupid Lee Minhyuk and his stupid crush...

 

-:::-

 

“You’re doing so good!” Eunkwang gushes at the girls as they meet on the backstage. He waves his hands animatedly as he asks the vocal line whether it’s difficult to cover their song. “I think we’ve ruined your song, however,” he finishes, smiling apologetically.

 

Hwasa shakes her head. “No—I also ruined Ilhoon’s part as well, I forgot the lyrics.”

 

“Besides, our vocal condition right now isn’t the best,” Solar says, rubbing . “The only one in full health is our Byulyi here,” she points to the said girl who smirks in response.

 

“I told you to rest more but you never listened to me, that’s why.”

 

Solar punches her arm playfully. “Yeah, yeah.” Before Byulyi can retaliate, Changsub joins the conversation, followed by their maknae.

 

“You’re great,” Minhyuk mutters as he stands next to her. Byulyi stares at him, eyes wide. “You really do.”

 

She blushes. “Ah, um, thanks.” The blonde fidgets with the hem of her long sleeves for a moment, then looks up at him. Her gaze pierces right through him, making his heart to skip a beat. “I’m sorry that my part isn’t enough for the rap line to cover.” She gives him a thumbs up, and adds, “But I’m glad you can cover it well!”

 

Minhyuk smiles. “Thank you.”

 

She raises her hand, palm facing him. He grins and reaches for it, squeezing her hand briefly as they high-fives each other. Before he can say anything, their managers show up with cameras. He sighs inwardly, disappointed at the short time they have together.

 

Stupid managers and their stupid timing.

 

He flicks a glance at Byulyi who chooses a spot right next to him, making silly face as their manager tell them to.

 

Someday. Someday, if you allow me—

 

He faces the camera and poses just right before he hears the click sound.

 

—we will have time for ourselves, Moon Byulyi.

 

-:::-

 

Gosh this is a mess.

Actually, I’m on a hiatus right now, BUT—

I’ve promised that I’ll post a new chapter ONCE Minbyul have interaction this era, and well, they did yesterday!

It’s like an early birthday gift to me lol I was gushing and all then realized I needed to post an update for amore :slaps forehead:

 

So...this fic is a promise and birthday fic for you :laughs:

The timing is really perfect haha

 

I hope you will enjoy this messy update :grins:

Please wait patiently as I need to focus more on my life :bows: