Caught Pink-Handed

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

“Lads, a grave injustice has been committed against our persons,” Taehyung announces dramatically, holding up his blue arms for pronounced effect. “We must find this mysterious perpetrator and pay him back in full.”

“Her, you mean,” states Jungkook nonchalantly from his work station in the unused classroom they were occupying as their base of operations.

Taehyung raises an eyebrow. He knew of no female pranksters currently residing within Hogwarts. “Her?”

“Well yeah. Obviously it was [Y/N],” Jungkook replies bluntly. He resumes tinkering with his Zonko’s stash by waving his wand over a nose-biting teacup, which despite not having any distinctive features other than its teeth, appears to become irritated with Jungkook. As he moves his wand away from the straining reach of the teeth, he asks, “Hey Tae, how do you suppose this teacup works? Proximity? Pressure charms?”

Taehyung ignores Jungkook’s change of topic in favor of his previous comment. “What do you mean it was [Y/N]? She’s a huge stickler for rules.”

“I mean, it makes sense, doesn’t it?” Jimin pitches in as he stirs his cauldron containing the potion that would revert their skin color back to normal. “She has been heavily involved in our pranks against her will lately.”

Taehyung pauses to think, absentmindedly watching his shorter best friend stir the goopy grey potion. While you had been a victim of three of their pranks, though one purely by accident, he had not seen you around Hogsmeade until after their confrontation with McGonagall. Considering that the reactions to their color-change had occurred after their visit at The Three Broomsticks, he deduced that somebody must have slipped them a potion or shot their spells at them at that moment.

“She would have had to have been nearby while we were eating at The Three Broomsticks in order to have carried out her prank,” he muses carefully. “But I would have remembered seeing her around.”

He did not miss Jimin shooting a sly smirk over his cauldron toward Jungkook, who raises his eyebrow at Taehyung. “You would have, wouldn’t you?”

Taehyung’s arms cross tightly as his cheeks tinge slightly with red. “Well, she’s always looking out for opportunities to prove that I’m not the Golden Boy of Gryffindor. Just look at what happened with the dung bombs meant for the Slytherins.”

“She’s got it bad, too,” Jungkook smirks in response.

Taehyung bites his lip and furrows his eyebrow. “I think you’re being ridiculous.”

You and him? Taehyung is certain you only gave him the time of day because you were fellow prefects and he happens to have a talent for transfiguration.

“And done! We can finally say goodbye to our offensive coloring,” Jimin interrupts, wiping the condensation off of his forehead with the back of his hand. He quickly pours the potion into separate vials, which he hands to his two friends.

After Taehyung downs his potion, he observes the blue pigment being replaced with his normal skin pigment. He looks up to see his friends looking as un-Smurf-like as possible. Well… Jimin was still short.

“So either we are pranking her back or bringing her into our inner circle,” Jungkook stated slyly, flicking his wand to summon his Zonko’s products into his bag. “I say we mess with her first.”

Jimin giggled into the back of his hand. “Did you see her face after she realized you had charmed her hair platinum blonde? She was so ready to murder Taehyung.”

“As if I’d give away my dorm trespassing abilities to either of you lot,” the younger boy snickers. He ducks too late to avoid a backhanded smack against the back of his head from Taehyung.

“I had to avoid her because of you! She was threatening to hex me all day with those hell-freezing eyes!”

Jungkook rubs the back of his head sheepishly, “We all have to make sacrifices, hyung.”

Before Taehyung can smack the boy again, Jimin cuts in, “I think this idiot has a point, though.” – “Hey!” – “If she can prove she has what it takes to be a Rogue, then we may have some use for her. She certainly seems to have the ingenuity.”

Taehyung frowns. “Are you still on about [Y/N] being the culprit?”

“Just keep an eye on her, Tae.”

 


 

You stifle a yawn, crumbling the piece of toast in your hand. You place a piece in your mouth before surreptitiously glancing toward the other side of the Gryffindor table where the Golden Trio is seated.

“Chug, chug, chug!” chant Finnigan and Thomas, alongside the third and first years, Bill and Charlie Weasley. You can’t help but roll your eyes as you watch the three boys holding cauldrons to their lips as they gulp down pumpkin juice.

You shudder in revulsion after seeing a dribble of orange liquid drip from Jungkook’s mouth and turn back to face Irene and Joy. “Why are they so disgusting? Why would they drink out of a potions cauldron?”

Shaking your head in frustration, you stuff a piece of toast into your mouth and chew angrily at the thought of your fellow prefect’s lack of decorum. Irene elbows your side, ducking her face against your ear to whisper excitedly, “Boys will be boys, but Snape will be Snape.”

Your eyes widen as you swallow your toast and turn to face the Hogwarts staff table. The Hogwarts Potions Master, Professor Snape, thunders down the Great Hall, his billowing cloak trailing behind him like the robes of a dementor. His pale, sallow face is twisted into a sneer as his eyes are pinned to the Golden Trio chugging the contents of their cauldrons. Following closely behind him, a stony faced Minerva McGonagall quickly approaches their table.

“Messrs. Kim, Park, and Jeon! What is the meaning of this ridiculous and improper display?” she shouts before Professor Snape can speak. Your lips twist into a smirk as you realize that the perfect Golden Boy Taehyung was about to be eaten alive by the two scariest professors in the castle.

“Sorry, Professor,” Taehyung ducks his head deferentially after placing his cauldron on the table. He takes out his wand and waves it over the cauldron. “This is just a goblet transfigured to look like a cauldron.”

“Ten points from Gryffindor for your back-talk, Kim,” Professor Snape cuts in with a nasty sneer on his face.

Professor McGonagall waves her wand over the remaining two cauldrons on the table, silently returning them back to goblets. She purses her lips, her stony expression softening minutely. “In the future, I expect better conduct from you boys. Especially you, prefect Kim.”

“Of course. I apologize, Professor,” Taehyung ducks his head once more in apology. His other two goons duck their heads as well, mumbling apologies.

As the professors head back to the staff table, you catch the boys shooting each other smug looks. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion. Why would they be smug about being embarrassed in front of the entire Great Hall? You roll your eyes and reach toward your goblet. Surely you would never understand the way their immature brains worked.

After a refreshing sip of apple juice (definitely not pumpkin juice, thank you very much), you your lips and lift a spoonful of porridge from your bowl. After eating a few spoonfuls, you hear a gasp from across the table. Your spoon pauses during its ascent toward your mouth as you raise your eyebrow at Joy, who says nothing else, instead covering in silent surprise.

“Oh Merlin!” Irene exclaims beside you. She digs into her book bag and retrieves a small compact, which she opens and shoves into your face.

Your mouth drops along with your spoon, which splashes the porridge from your bowl into your lap. However, you cannot seem to find it in yourself to care at the moment, instead focusing on your image in the mirror.

“Why the hell am I pink?!”

 


 

Once you see the Gryffindor boys attempting to sneak away from the Great Hall, you thunder into the hallways after them.

“Halt! Detentions to all three of you morons!” you shriek indignantly. “And you are changing me back this very minute!”

The three Gryffindors stop and turn to face you, giving you looks with varying degrees of innocence.

Taehyung is the first to break the silence, stepping forward, “I’m not sure what you’re talking about, but as a fellow prefect, you cannot give me a detention.”

You grit your teeth and growl. “Fine. Jimin and Jungkook get double detention in your place.”

A chorus of indignant “Hey!”s protest your decision. You cross your arms and lift your chin smugly.

Jungkook then steps forward aggressively. “Prove it was us.”

You scoff, “Excuse me? As if there’s any doubt?”

Taehyung pats Jungkook back and faces you with an innocent expression on his face. “You know, I’m beginning to think you have something against the three of us, [Y/N].”

Snorting in disbelief, you grip your arms harder. “Just because the rest of the school hasn’t caught on to your little ‘Rogue’ group doesn’t mean I haven’t. I know your little resident Potions master has the capability to make this potion,” you bark, glaring at Jimin.

Instead of putting on a meek or sheepish demeanor, the slight boy raised an eyebrow with a calculating look. “So it was a potion.”

Your eyes widen a fraction before you grit your teeth, feeling affronted. “Was it not a potion that you slipped into my breakfast? Did you not make a scene in the Great Hall in order to perform a switching spell on my goblet?”

There was a moment of silence until twin smirks appeared on Jungkook and Jimin’s faces. Taehyung eyes you thoughtfully. You step back, eyeing them warily. “What the hell is wrong with you three?”

“Blimey, a switching spell,” Taehyung his head, staring at you with an expression of wonder.

You grimace at his admiring expression, suddenly feeling the stuffy atmosphere of the castle. “That’s what I said. Need I repeat myself?”

“That’s as good as a confession in our eyes, ya know?” Jungkook flashes you a -eating grin.

You begin to sweat profusely, vaguely feeling as though you had somehow invited a trio of vampires into your home. “T-ten points from Gryffindor,” you stutter with significantly less vitriol.

The sound of swishing liquid captures your attention, bringing your eyes to a vial in Jimin’s hands. “Need an antidote, [Y/N]? Just made it last night.”