four

Chosen [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color means they're speaking in Chinese.

 

- § -

 

“Why is she always with Kai?” Baekhyun whined, peeking his head around the corner to spy on his mate once again.

For the past two weeks, Yejia has been following his younger brother around like a puppy, not that Kai minded. In fact, the boy was currently on cloud nine with all the alone time he's getting with their mate.

Those who were fluent in Mandarin had been trailing behind them, helping the two converse since they were unable to gain Yejia’s full attention themselves. Creeping around after their eldest brothers were the rest of the princes.

"What did he do to win her over?” Sehun wondered, narrowing his eyes at the couple as Kai slipped his hand into their mate’s with a large grin, causing her to blush and smile up at him shyly.

“Yah,” Chanyeol called, smacking the closest boy to him, Chen, on the arm. Chen hissed and glared at the giant, rubbing the blooming red spot on his arm while muttering curses under his breath. “We should separate them,” he declared, his eyes comically wide with excitement.

The rest of the brothers nodded their heads in agreement.

“I’ll take Kai,” Kyungsoo muttered, his dark gaze trained on the said male. His voice was completely void of emotion. The rest of the brothers felt an icy shiver run down their spines at the unmistakable threat in his statement.

“As long as he’s still alive afterwards, then that's fine.” Chen clarified.

Kyungsoo simply shrugged.

Suho shook his head at their childish antics. He rubbed his temples to try and rid himself of the oncoming headache. He knew nothing but trouble would come from this. “Why can’t we just join them?“ he suggested, only to be ignored by the plotting princes.

Minseok swiftly stood up, holding his hand above his head. “As the oldest, I should be the one to entertain Yejia.” He stated, immediately causing an argument amongst the group.

Meanwhile, the pair they’d been spying on made their way to the gardens.

 

- § -

 

“This is becoming painful. She can barely take her eyes off of him. What does he have that the rest of us don’t?” Luhan whispered, scratching his head.

Tao, Kris, and himself walked a few feet behind the oblivious couple. Lay was further back, lazily strolling with his hands in his pockets. Kris huffed loudly, his eyes burning a hole into the back of Kai’s head. “Kim Jongin,” he spat, a growl rumbling deep in his chest.

Lay appeared beside him, elbowing him sharply. “Don’t,” he warned calmly. “You could scare her.”

Kris immediately snapped out of it. The thought of his mate fearing him was enough to pull him back from his anger. Tao kicked at a rock dejectedly. “I don’t think I’ll ever get to talk to her.” He complained. Lay patted his shoulder in comfort.

Sensing all of their frustration and disappointment, Luhan made a decision, quickly sending a message telepathically to all of his brothers.

Kai paused in the middle of the garden path, unintentionally pulling Yejia to a stop as well. She lifted her head from the comfort of his shoulder curiously, raising an eyebrow. The message from Luhan had come through his head crystal clear through.

“Family meeting at the fountain. Now.”

 

- § -

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter