three

Chosen [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color means they're speaking in Chinese.

 

- § -

 

"How much longer do you think they'll be?" Chanyeol wondered aloud, tipping his head towards the open kitchen door, his nine brothers following the movement.

Yejia had gathered all the princes into the dining room without any explanation before disappearing into the kitchen. He turned to his right, where Lay was staring into space. "Hyung, he's hogging our mate," Chanyeol huffed, dramatically throwing himself onto the table.

He snapped his head up at the sound of his younger brother's low growl from the kitchen, his other brothers snorting at his reaction. Chanyeol glared at them, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

Kyungsoo shook his head at Chanyeol's antics. Throwing his whisk down, he stormed over to the kitchen door and slammed it shut. He could hear the poorly concealed laughter of his older brother behind him, the boy sprawled across the countertop.

Turning around with a scowl, he met eyes with his mate, who was watching him with an amused expression while stirring food coloring into the frosting. Kyungsoo ducked his head, coughing slightly as heat rushed to his cheeks.

A quiet giggle filled the room, bringing a smile to his face as he went back to mixing the cupcake batter.

For the past few days, Kyungsoo, with the help of his brothers, had been able to learn more about Yejia. One of the things he learned was that his mate liked to bake, which was why he decided to dismiss the kitchen staff for the rest of the afternoon.

Yejia turned to Kris with a raised eyebrow. "I see why you call him Satansoo now," she stated, her lips curling into a smirk.

At the sound of his brother's obnoxious laughter, Kyungsoo glanced over his shoulder to see Kris clutching his stomach while Yejia chuckled to herself, peaking at him from the corner of her eye. He eyed Kris suspiciously, but the boy pointed to Yejia accusingly. The girl swatted the male's hand away playfully. As revenge, Kris dipped his finger into her bowl of frosting and wiped it across her cheek. Yejia squealed, giggling as she tried to wipe the sticky substance off of her face.

She walked away from Kris quickly, still chuckling.

Stopping in front of Kyungsoo, she held out the bowl of icing for him to try. Kyungsoo swiped at the remainder of the frosting sticking to his mate's cheek before his finger clean. He smiled amusedly at her shocked expression before giving her a thumbs up. He picked up the tray of batter and placed it into the oven.

Setting a timer, Kyungsoo then helped Kris and Yejia with taking the decorations into the dining room.

The wolves were immediately alert as Yejia stepped inside the room. Luhan and Sehun quickly took the items out of her hands and placed them on the table before pulling a chair out for her. She smiled shyly before taking the seat between them.

"What's all this for?" Luhan asked, knowing his brothers were also curious about why she had asked them to come.

"I heard you saying that Kyungsoo's and Kai's birthdays were coming up so I wanted to do something to celebrate. It's just-," She explained quietly, her pale cheeks now dusted with a light pink that immediately made the twelve boys smile in adoration. She gestured to the different candies, sprinkles, and edible glitter she had gathered. "W-we haven't known each other for very long, so I wasn't sure what everyone liked. I know it's not anything special, but..." she trailed off, with an awkward shrug.

"If it's from you, then it is special." Luhan replied softly.

Yejia grinned at him widely and he felt his heart stutter inside his chest. He distantly heard the timer go off in the kitchen as he stared at his mate, who was now cooing at Sehun and Tao, who were trying to get her attention with aegyo. Kyungsoo brought out platters of cupcakes and set them down around the table. Luhan handed Yejia a chocolate one before grabbing another one for himself.

Suho, Xiumin, and Kyungsoo worked silently. Sehun was grumbling to Kai about how he'd messed up his design. Chanyeol, Chen, and Baekhyun were at war with one another, throwing handfuls of marshmallows at each other from across the table.

"Look at Kris," Luhan whispered, taking a break from decorating to eye the others' creations.

Glancing at the tallest brother's cupcake, she giggled softly before covering to hide her laughter. Kris, although having good ideas, was unable to pull them off. His vanilla cupcake looked like someone had stomped on it and then tried to cover up the damage with baby blue frosting.

When all of the boys were done with their cupcakes, they each showed off their artwork to Yejia and the others before digging

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter