two

Chosen [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color means they're speaking in Chinese.

 

- § -

 

"Zhoumi, please Yejia to her chambers. If she needs anything, get it for her immediately." The guard nodded, murmuring to the girl quietly before leading her out of the room.

With a nod from the king, the servants followed them out, shutting the doors firmly behind them.

"Father-" Kris began, his eyes already losing their amber glow, though they never moved away from the door.

"You went against my orders." The king interrupted sharply. He saw the confusion on his sons' faces. "You put your mate at risk."

"We would never hurt her, father. You know that." Suho argued, the other eleven princes nodding firmly around him. Hurting your mate is said to be the most painful thing in existence.

"Not intentionally, no," Yunho agreed, releasing a heavy sigh. "But there's twelve of you, not to mention the fact that you all lost control as soon as you saw her." Sweeping his eyes across the room, none of his sons made eye contact with him.

"You could've very easily hurt her, your brothers, or even yourselves." Victoria added, having been worried for her family.

"What did they mean earlier?" Luhan asked, glancing at the still-frozen Kris before turning to face his mother. 

"That's another reason your father set up a barricade. The gift of foresight can be very burdensome and your mate experiences visions whenever skin-to-skin contact is made." Victoria carefully explained.

"But not with me?" Kris questioned softly, though everyone heard it.

Loud groans filled the room. The Chinese princes turned towards the frustrated males in the corner.  "What were they saying?!" Kai whined.

"Who cares? I wanna know everything she said!" Sehun added.

"This is so unfair!" Baekhyun cried, tugging his hair. Chanyeol nodded sadly in agreement, his constant smile now nowhere in sight. "She's our mate, but we can't even have a conversation with her! How is that supposed to work?"

"It worked for me and your mother," Yunho reminded, lifting up Victoria's hand.

"It only took a few years," Baekhyun mumbled, dropping down to sit next to his brothers. Suho rolled his eyes at their childish behavior, though he did partially agree with them.

"What do you suggest we do, father? We can't wait for translations forever." Suho wondered.

Yunho rubbed his temples tiredly. Luna, seeing this, decided to answer in his place. "Until all thirteen of you are able to hold up a conversation, I'm afraid there's little else we can do. You'll just have to break up into groups and share."

She watched as each of her sons' faces dropped in defeat. Suho was trying, but failing, to smile encouragingly for the younger boys. Chen and Xiumin looked a little pale, probably reviewing every bit of broken Chinese they knew in their heads. A frustrated Kai was pacing back and forth, constantly crossing paths with an equally flustered Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked close to tears next to a pouting Sehun. D.O actually looked pretty calm, though his knuckles were white from clenching his fists so tightly.

"You already knew that you would have to share." Luna reminded softly, trying to calm everyone down.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes, releasing his tightly-clasped hands. "We just didn't think we would have to do it so soon."

King Yunho observed his sons in silence for a moment before speaking. "Lay, go and heal Yejia's injuries. I'm sure she is in pain right now." The said boy smiled and bowed gratefully to his father before sprinting to the door. "Oh, and take Kris with you. She might react better with him around." The King suggested. Kris quickly joined his brother by the door. 

Sensing the growing agitation of the ten other princes, Yunho added, "And the both of you will bring her to meet the rest of your brothers in the garden." The two boys nodded before running off. The others made to leave, only to be stopped by their father.

"While they're gone, I suggest you figure out a plan. The majority of you will need a translator in the garden." He reminded, earning groans from his remaining sons.

 

- § -

 

Where is she?

Kris and Lay had been searching their mate for the past ten minutes. They had first checked her new bedroom, which they found to be empty. After asking a few passing servants if they'd seen a girl wandering around, they decided to simply track her scent. Following the sweet trail of vanilla and honeysuckle, they rounded the corner.

Yejia, with her back to them, was speaking Chinese to one of the maids, who had a lost look on her face. "I'm sorry, miss, but I-"

"You are dismissed," Kris addressed the maid from behind Yejia's shoulder.

She whipped her head around, meeting gazes with the tall prince as the servant girl hurried away. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion before she jumped away from Lay, her other hand clenching onto Kris's sleeve tightly. The healer had been subtly healing her while she was distracted.

The fingers buried in Kris's sleeve twitched, prompting Kris to take her small hand into his. Squeezing it affectionately, he stated, "This is my brother, Lay."

"I was only trying to heal you," The healer explained, smiling shyly.

 

- § -

 

Another boy from my vision?

I took in the two males before me. Lay gave off a comforting aura, greatly contrasting with his brother, who looked extremely intimidating. My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter