Chapter 4

Worth A Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

 

Silence engulfed the spacious dining room, Baekhyun felt quite uncomfortable as he sat down at the dining table. His eyes were set on the plate filled with pancakes, he eyed the cutlery on his left. Kyungsoo was still in the kitchen, prompting he had already ate his breakfast although Baekhyun highly doubted it. Chanyeol was his only companion at the dining table, Baekhyun questioned his motives. Chanyeol’s plate was left untouched, his cutlery was still neatly placed beside the plate where Kyungsoo had set it. Chanyeol was staring Baekhyun down, Baekhyun did feel uncomfortable for several reasons. Kyungsoo’s stomach had sounded loudly as he placed the plates with pancakes on the table, Baekhyun urged him to take a piece, it didn’t seem as if he was on a particular diet but Baekhyun was worried for Kyungsoo’s health. Baekhyun picked up his fork, and took a piece of the pancake and placed it in his mouth. He chewed on it silently, trying to make as less sound as possible to keep the attention off him. Baekhyun kept eating, until his stomach was pretty much full. He granted his dry throat with a glass of cold water before he excused himself from the table. Chanyeol surprisingly didn’t retort to this and let Baekhyun off. Baekhyun took his plates with him into the kitchen, placing each of them on the counter. He walked into the kitchen to Kyungsoo washing the dishes, instead of placing everything in the dishwasher. Baaekhyun raised a brow at this action, he must be sparing electricity in this way. Beakhyun couldn’t think of any other reason at least. Kyungsoo sent him a small smile as he noticed Baekhyun standing beside him.

 

“Should I help you?” Baekhyun asked, lifting his sleeves up to his elbows to help Kyungsoo out but Kyungsoo shook his head, the smile still pulling at his lips slightly.

 

“It’s alright, it’s not much after all.” Kyungsoo said, as his eyes roamed the counter. Baekhyun heaved a sigh, but smiled nonetheless, Kyungsoo was a good guy but his fiancé was an entire different story.

 

“Alright, if you say so then.” Baekhyun didn’t move from his spot beside Kyungsoo, not eager to walk back into the dining room to witness the devil still seated in the seat where he left him.

 

“Shouldn’t you be accompanying Chanyeol in the dining room?” Kyungsoo questioned, eyes not crossing Baekhyun’s sight. Baekhyun pursed his lips, he wouldn’t want to.

 

“Right, I’ll wait until he’s finished and afterwards I will leave for Busan if that’s fine with you.”

 

“Perfectly fine, now go. I can handle this on my own.” Baekhyun nodded and reluctantly left the kitchen. He walked back into the dining room to see the plate of pancakes still complete.

 

“You aren’t eating anything?” Baekhyun couldn’t stand Chanyeol’s behavior. Kyungsoo must’ve been exhausted from yesterday and his own fiancé couldn’t even eat the breakfast he had prepared for him. Baekhyun shook his head, Chanyeol wasn’t replying. Something was off with this man, Baekhyun doesn’t want to know but he’s curious, which might lead him into huge problems one day. Chanyeol spared his voice and stood up, the chair screeched against the tiled floor. Baekhyun took this as his cue to leave, he bowed in front of Chanyeol.

 

“Thank you for having me here, sir. I will leave for Busan now,” Baekhyun kept his head lowered, not directing his gaze in Chanyeol’s direction as  he walked off to the foyer. Baekhyun was almost spared, but a moment later another pair of footsteps were heard behind him. He kept his pace as he took the staircase which led him upstairs to the guest bedroom where he stayed yesterday. Knocking sounded against his door, he wasn’t able to welcome the person as Chanyeol welcomed himself inside. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol in bewilderment, he couldn’t believe this man.

 

“Preparing to leave, I guess?”

 

“That’s exactly what I told you a minute ago,”

 

“Back to your impolite manners. I must say, I’ve missed it.” Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter