Chapter 3

Worth A Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE


The evening was solely spend in the company of Chanyeol, Baekhyun hadn’t seen Mrs. Park anymore. Baekhyun wasn’t ordered to leave the mansion yet, even after he prepared a decent tasteful dinner. Baekhyun was seated at a gloss dining table with Chanyeol on his left, his eyes didn’t cross a forbidden sight whilst Chanyeol was eating. Chanyeol finished his meal after twenty minutes, he stood up and demanded Baekhyun to take the plate back into the kitchen, Baekhyun behaved politely and set every dirty plate and utensil in the dishwasher, his tasks seemed to be fulfilled as he strolled over to the living room where Chanyeol was currently seated on the sofa with his MacBook on his lap. Baekhyun stood silently in the entrance of the living room as his eyes kept wandering around, avoiding Chanyeol at every cost. Chanyeol cleared his throat when he noticed Baekhyun standing in the distance, he beckoned the man to walk over to him. Baekhyun hesitated, it could be seen all over his face. He replaced his wrecking nerves and offered a nice smile.

 

“I’ve finished all the cleaning tasks in the kitchen, sir.” Baekhyun announced as he kept a minimal distance between their bodies. Chanyeol eyed the servant from head to toe, his lips curved into a smile, a teasing one.

 

“Sit down,” Chanyeol ordered, Baekhyun’s gaze shot towards Chanyeol’s figure. It must’ve been very late already, Baekhyun lives in Busan or did Chanyeol forget this essential information.

 

“Excuse me, sir. I still have a very long way to go until I get home, am I allowed to leave for Busan?” Chanyeol chuckled darkly, eyes narrowing slightly.

 

“You’re staying,” Chanyeol said, sternly, voice cutting through the silence in the living room. Baekhyun was shocked as he kept his eyes on the man seated on the sofa.

 

“Now, take a seat.” Baekhyun was shocked, but he was not a puppet.

 

“Sorry, I might’ve to get through that thick head of yours in another way.”

 

“It’s probably eleven pm already and I’m still here, Busan isn’t a one hour ride. I need to leave, I’ll contact Kyungsoo for further information. Thank you for hiring me, I surely won’t disappoint.” Chanyeol set his laptop aside, he stood up and walked over to Baekhyun, his steps were confident and his facial expression was filled with resoluteness. He halted in front of the shorter man, he gazed down at Baekhyun.

 

“You’re following every order I give, do you hear me?” Baekhyun should’ve been intimidated but  he knows better. He opened his mouth to retort, but Chanyeol prevented this from happened. Chanyeol pushed a finger onto Baekhyun’s parted lips, stopping him from speaking.

 

“It’s great to know you understand,” Baekhyun pushed his arm away, eyes narrowing fast.

 

“I won’t be pushed into a hopeless corner. Do not mistake me for your puppet to please you as you want.”

 

“But that’s exactly what you are, right? The synonym for puppet is servant in a dictionary I’ve seen once,” Chanyeol pretends to think, as he gazes at the ceiling. Baekhyun shuffles backwards, attempting to escape. Chanyeol catches his gaze a second after, he approaches Baekhyun with steady steps whilst Baekhyun draws himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter