Chapter 1

Worth A Million
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

 

The darkening sky was a calming sight, Baekhyun approved of the slightly rainy afternoon as he stepped onto the porch of a magnificent mansion located in the outskirts of Seoul. He clasped his hand on the handgrip of the umbrella he bought earlier before proceeding towards this area of the capital.     A friendly smile tugged at the corner of his lips, his steps were confident as he walked up to the front-door of the mansion. He lifted his hand up to knock on the door twice, it was resounded in the entire foyer as Ms. Park clasped her hands excitedly, she had been very satisfied with the content included in the applicant’s curriculum vitae and motivation letter. Her heels clicked against the marble flooring as she unlocked the front-door, giving Byun Baekhyun access to enter the mansion.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, I assume?” The woman questions as her lips pull up into a curt smile, Baekhyun bows deeply before standing upright again. The woman nods approvingly as she holds the front-door open for Baekhyun. Baekhyun closes his umbrella swiftly before walking into the mansion, eyes bulging as he notices the expensively lavish interior.

“The interior of your home is marvelous, Ms. Park.” Baekhyun compliments as his eyes roam the extremely luxurious foyer. Ms. Park hums appreciatively before beckoning Baekhyun to follow her, Baekhyun walks behind Ms. Park whilst eyeing all the antique furniture, it’s a dying wish of his to at least own an apartment with lots of antique furniture and paintings. Unfortunately it’s very expensive as it could be from decades ago. Ms. Park halts unannounced, Baekhyun nearly bumped into the woman but managed to step back in time.

 

“The interview will take place in the office,” She gestures Baekhyun to walk into a tiny office, located at the end of a corridor. Baekhyun takes a seat on the chair positioned in front of the desk. Ms. Park takes her seat behind the desk, she slides the curriculum vitae and motivation letter Baekhyun previously sent out of a brown map.

 

“This contains all the information from previous applicant’s,” Ms. Park says, voice steady. She wets one finger, using her tongue as she searches through the papers, looking for the appropriate one.

 

“Here it is,” Ms. Park places it on top of all the previous papers she collected, eyes scanning the printed e-mail Baekhyun had sent two weeks ago.

 

“Your Korean writing is very excellent, I’ve come across terrible writing I didn’t approve of.” She says, nodding positively as she places the papers on the side. Baekhyun applauds himself internally, he might’ve studied overseas for a very long time but it hasn’t affected his writing skills fortunately.

 

“Let’s have a look at your curriculum vitae, shall we?” Ms. Park looks up once, a small smile covering her face before her eyes are cast downwards once again. Baekhyun clasps his hands together, there’s nothing to be afraid of. His study courses weren’t of Korean upper-class standards, but he graduated with excellent grades, he took English courses as well, that might give him some reasonable points.

 

“The first thing I’ve noticed, Mr. Byun. You’ve studied in Milan, any specific reason why you didn’t graduate in South-Korea?” Baekhyun had trained this whilst standing before the mirror several times, he had to speak slowly and steadily, he wasn’t nervous at all.

 

“My parents were living overseas, in Milan to be specific. I decided to take an English course program, it has helped me improve in a foreign language whilst still speaking Korean on a daily basis.” Ms. Park listened attentively, smiling once in a while.

 

“I see, that’s very brave of you Mr. Byun. My son wouldn’t move to The United Kingdom when I ordered him to, he wasn’t very keen on the idea unfortunately but I’m glad you’re pursuing your dreams Mr. Byun.” Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the woman’s response, he thought she woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter