Chapter 9

Unexpected love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Included on Johnny's Monday Night Route had been breakfast in bed the following morning. However, following through on that objective was difficult Tuesday morning as Ten woke long before his lover and breakfast was already cooked, placed strategically on the plate, and waiting for Johnny a good quarter hour before the businessman woke up.

Imagine, if you would, waking up to the delicious smell of food (thanks to Irene and the person she sent shopping for food) and to the rather delightful feeling of being kissed awake. Add to that pleasure the fact that Ten's lips were South of Johnny's mouth, and it's certain that Johnny could not have woken to a brighter day.

Breakfast was cold by the time Johnny crawled out of bed, but the ruffled Ten that followed him into the shower didn't mind at all that his effort was wasted. It had been appreciated in its own way.

 

^*^*^*^*^

 

"Is this all we're doing today?" Ten asked a short while before noon. The exact time wasn't known, as they were still in the tub, otherwise known as the small-pool-sized Jacuzzi, and there was no clock in the room with them.

"You're complaining?" Johnny asked teasingly, not opening his eyes. He was laying back against the side of the bath, legs spread and bent upwards to accommodate Ten, who was happily snuggled against Johnny's chest, between the older man's legs, one hand absent-mindedly running lines up and down Johnny's outer right thigh.

Ten gave a tug on the hair on Johnny's leg in retribution for being teased. Johnny grunted and grabbed the errant hand, pulling it up to his mouth to be kissed before he crossed his arm and Ten's across Ten's chest. They didn't speak again for a few minutes and the only sound in the bathroom was their breathing. "The water's getting cold again," Ten commented, dipping a hand in the water and splashing Johnny's arm to demonstrate his point.

"So it is," Johnny agreed. He shifted a little, raising his left foot out of the water and reaching his toes towards the faucet in preparation of adding more hot water to the tub.

"I'm already pruny," Ten whined softly. 

Johnny dropped his foot back in the water. "You're ready to get out?" he asked. Ten nodded. Johnny sighed. "Fine, but you have to get out first."

"Since I'm on top, that'd probably be easiest," Ten returned playfully, already levering himself into a standing position.

Johnny grinned, reached up, and patted Ten's backside. "I just wanted to enjoy the view." His tone was husky, and his hand remained on Ten's skin, tenderly caressing the other man's upper legs and buttocks. His other hand came up to join the first, and the rest of his body followed, moving into a kneeling position.

"Johnny" Ten started hoarsely, only to break off when the older man the water from the back of his thigh. He tried again. "Johnny, we already did it in the shower. Twice. We're supposed to be getting clean and-" he was cut off again, this time by the presence of a cheek against his... lower back.

"Just to be punny, because I can: I'd love to get dirty with you again," Johnny replied, wrapping his arms around Ten's hips and gently rubbing the side of his face against Ten's lower back.

It was long past noon when they finally made their way, sated and hungry, out of the bathroom in search of clothes and food.

 

^*^*^*^*^

 

"That has to be the silliest question I've ever heard."

"Just answer it," Johnny ordered. Across the table, elbows resting on the wood and chin resting on his meshed fingers, Ten smiled back.

"You answer it first," the younger man requested. Johnny shook his head, adamant that Ten reply first. Ten smiled and batted his eyelashes. "Please, Johnny? You've been listening to my life story for the past few hours, and I still know almost nothing about you." He pouted, tilting his head and doing his best to look dejected.

It had been too wonderful a day for any true, sad emotions. The time was nearing six in the evening, and dinner was cooking in the oven. They had spent the day making love and conversation, from the bedroom, to the bathroom, the kitchen to the living room. For an apartment that had never seen Johnny in action before, it had just managed to catch up in a single day.

With a small smile, Johnny conceded. "Short version then. My father was a assistant professor who impregnated the daughter of a wealthy family, they married and she was disowned. I was born, my parents died in a car accident, and I was sent to live with my aunt, who still lived with her parents, my maternal grandparents. I have several degrees, all pertaining to business or accounting, and I've lived in this apartment for four years. The end."

Ten blinked for a moment, taking in that brief spurt of information before deciding that Johnny wasn't getting out of it that easily. "No first girlfriend? Or boyfriend? High school, best friend, frat parties, most embarrassing moment? The dumbest thing you've ever done? I want -details-, Johnny."

There were many things that fell under that category, and perhaps at the top would have been not telling Ten the whole story from the beginning. Johnny was an intelligent man; he knew that his assistant had good reason to suggest he tell Ten the goings-on of his business, especially since 'business' included taking over Ten's father Corp. and throwing Ten's family into the figurative street.

However, Johnny was also a man in the paradise of his first real relationship, happily ensconced in a love-filled world where the only thing that mattered was that his lover was happy, and in Johnny's mind, the less Ten knew, the happier he would be.

A lot of things can be forgiven a man in love, even stupidity.

 

^*^*^*^*^

 

Johnny didn't want to go back to work on Wednesday. After regaling Ten with stories of his prestigious upbringing the evening bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter