Chapter 4

Unexpected love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten really had no idea where he was going to go when he left his father's house. There were any number of people that he -knew-, but none that he considered friends. In the end, it was the luck of a detour that led him to the street that Johnny lived on. He slowed his car, and glanced at the buildings till he saw the one he remembered, and then he circled the block for a parking spot.

 

He pulled next to the curb half a block around the corner from Johnny's, got out, locked the door, and shut it, and then he made his way slowly around to the front of the apartment building.

 

His car keys, and the two that Johnny had given him that morning, weighed heavily in his hand as he debated silently outside the entrance door. He hadn't really considered returning, ever, and now that he was there, he didn't know if he should accept the offer that had been so graciously given to him.

 

At about that time, he remembered that he was wearing Johnny's coat, and that he had to return the items he'd borrowed, if nothing else. He could always return the keys at the same time, he told himself. Somehow, he knew that he wouldn't do that, though. It just felt so very nice to have them in his possession.

 

As he'd been told, the bronze key went to the street-entrance door, letting him into the warm lobby. A security guard gave him a look from the front desk, but didn't stop him as he made his way to the elevator. He pressed the button for the fourteenth floor and then watched as the door enclosed him into the small space.

 

The silent ride up had him fidgeting, and he almost pushed the floor for the lobby when he arrived. He steeled himself and stepped into the hallway, sorting through the keys until he found the correct silver one.

 

He remembered it as the fourth door on the right from the elevator, and he went to that one. The key worked, and he pushed open the door. The apartment was shadowed; the curtains were drawn and there were no lights on, giving it a gloomy appearance.

 

He closed the door behind him, silently cursing himself for an idiot as he locked the second bolt. A deep breath and several moments later, he had put his bag beside the door, kicked off his shoes, and hung Johnny's coat by the door. In stockinged feet, he slowly walked through the apartment, stopping in surprise when he entered the main bedroom and saw Johnny sleeping on the bed.

 

It was admittedly unexpected. Of course, given that it was a Sunday, it probably would have been more surprising if Johnny hadn't been in the apartment somewhere. Outside of social functions like the ones his father held or attended, Ten could not imagine having a reason to leave during the middle of the afternoon if a person didn't have to work.

 

The other man was sprawled haphazardly, bare legs sticking out from beneath tangled sheets, one arm hanging off the bed in Ten's direction. It was the most gorgeously tempting sight he'd ever come across, and he smiled.

 

With more daring that he'd ever given himself credit for, he started walking fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter