Chapter 2

Unexpected love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten woke up slowly, his sleep-fogged brain processing everything at a bit-rate far below his normal operating standards. He couldn't feel his right arm, which he chalked up to having slept on it wrong. There was an unusual pressure on his left leg, and he mentally shrugged it away, figuring that he'd either tossed the pillow down there (though it did seem kind of heavy for that) or he'd twisted the blanket around it.

He frowned as his body became more physically alert. There was a semi-hard surface under his cheek and left shoulder, and he seemed to be wrapped around a fairly large object. The only thing on his bed that could have been under him were his blankets and pillows, combined to form one lump, but they couldn't be wrapped around him if he was laying on them.

His eyes opened, and he gazed foggily in the direction that his alarm clock should have been. It wasn't there. He lowered his gaze and his heart hammered in his chest in trepidation as his fears coalesced into a sleeping male face.

"Johnny" he choked out softly, his eyes widening. They were curled together, his arm trapped under Johnny's body and his left leg wedged between both of Johnny's. "Oh, gods," he whispered to himself, closing his eyes.

Last night hadn't seemed real. He had expected to wake up in his apartment and to discover that it had all been a dream. Now that thought seemed silly. The party the day before had been real enough, as had the pain of stubbing his toe on the way up the steps. He'd obviously arrived last night, and he had had no memory of leaving. Then again, if he counted the crossing of the balconies as leaving, he'd left.

He carefully lifted his leg, wiggling it out from between the ones that trapped it in place. His arm was going to be a pain when it started tingling, he knew. He rolled onto his back, gently dislodging the arm Johnny had wrapped around his torso; he hadn't even noticed it before, so light was Johnny's grip.

Slowly, he began the process of pulling his arm out from under the other man. It was an awkward thing to do, and matters were only worsened when the appendage began to tingle painfully. He bit his lip, and kept moving backwards until his arm was free.

He resisted the urge to cheer in victory even as he rolled off the side of the bed. His feet, warm up until that point, met the cold wood floor, and he gasped in shock and sat back down heavily before he'd thought the action through. He looked over his shoulder and sighed in relief; Johnny was still sleeping peacefully, at least for a while.

Instead of standing again quickly, Ten did a visual search of the room for his clothes. He was down to his underwear, and he wasn't about to escape in just those in the weather they'd been having. Not that he would try to escape in just his underwear in the summer time, he reminded himself.

His clothes were nicely folded on a chair in the corner of the room. He stood up, grimacing as the cold again assailed his feet. The air, at least, was warm, and the rest of his body was mildly comfortable. It only took him a few minutes to slip into his clothes, and there was only one wary moment when he'd tripped stepping into his pants and had fallen into the wall when he'd feared that he'd rouse Johnny. His luck seemed to hold, for Ten didn't move.

The clothing dilemma solved, Ten still had to find his shoes and the door out as soon as possible. He opened a door that he assumed led to the rest of the apartment. All he saw beyond was darkness. Not even the shallow light from the bedroom penetrated it. He shrugged to himself and walked through the opening, taking careful steps.

He collided with something at hip level and grunted, his hands moving down to protectively cup his front side, and then out to investigate. It was a countertop. After pondering that it was an odd place to put a counter, his hands discovered the sink and the articles around it. He'd found the bathroom.

He rolled his eyes, though there was no way that even he could see it in the darkness of the room, and turned around. There was a sliver of light that led back to the bedroom, and he followed it, gently shutting the door to the bathroom behind him.

With careful steps, he walked to the other side of the room where another door was located. He didn't glance back at the bed; every moment that delayed his exit was another moment where the bed and its occupant were looking more appealing. It was best not to tempt himself too much.

Luck was with him once again, and he stepped into the hallway that led to the kitchen and living area. Johnny had given him only a brief tour before he'd nearly dragged Ten off to the bedroom. Given the suddenness of it all, it had been a nice surprise to find that he had only wanted to cuddle. Ten had had a moment of fear, as he was being led to the bedroom, that Johnny would be the kind to act very quickly on attraction. It had been a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter