There For You [2/2]

In the Name of Love

Characters: Oh Hayoung, Chae Hyungwon, Yoon Bomi

Pairing(s): Hayoung x Hyungwon

Genre: just plain fluff; djh.one!au

Rating: pg-13 for swearing, ual reference

Note: Yes, those songs are obviously not by DJ H.One. It's fiction for a reason.
IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE UPDATED VERSION OF PART 1, PLEASE GO BACK AND READ THAT FIRST.

So when your tears roll down your pillow like a river,
I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you.
When you're screaming, but they only hear you whisper,
I'll loud for you, but you gotta be there for me too.

THERE FOR YOU - MARTIN GARRIX

"YOU'RE LIVING WITH DJ H.ONE?!"

"Shh! Keep your voice down!" Hayoung hissed at Bomi, dragging her into the empty locker room. 

"You're living with DJ H.One?!" Bomi repeated. 

"Yes," she said softly.

"SINCE WHEN?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" Bomi was yelling again.

"SHH! Since a month ago!" 

Her eyes widened. "A month?! What about your boyfriend?" She said the last word with disgust. 

"Ex-boyfriend," she corrected. "He cheated on me."

Bomi's face twisted into a scowl. "I won't say I told you so, but I told you so."

"Yes, yes, you told me so."

"And you just moved in with H.One?! Are you guys screwing?!"

"No! We're just... friends. He offered me a job."

"Doing what?"

"I'm basically his maid."

Bomi's eyes were wide as saucers again. "Really? Oh my god, you're so lucky!" she squealed, smacking Hayoung on the shoulder.

"Ow!" 

"Does he walk around ? Can you take pictures?"

Hayoung glared at her friend. "No! Of course not!"

Bomi pouted. "Party pooper."

Hayoung rolled her eyes in response. 

"How are you holding up?"

Hayoung sighed. "I'm fine. Really. The fact that he was an to the very end makes it easy to forget about him."

Bomi nodded. "You deserve better anyway."

"OH HAYOUNG, WHERE ARE YOU?!" a voice boomed from the direction of the dance floor.

Hayoung and Bomi hurried out to find a very obviously intoxicated Minwoo stumbling around on the dance floor, yelling her name. 

"What the hell are you doing?" she hissed at him. "Get out of here!"

"THERE YOU ARE," he slurred. "I CAME HERE TO GET YOU BACK. I MADE A MISTAKE."

"I don't care," she said coldly. "Please leave."

"I JUST WANNA TALK." 

"Please stop yelling," she begged, looking around at the people staring at them. "Let's go outside," she said, walking towards the exit. 

He followed her outside, all the while alternating between apologizing profusely and begging her to take him back.

She spun around on him. "I want nothing to do with you," she snarled. 

"PLEASE, BABY." He stumbled towards her. His hand closed around her arm, dragging her closer to him. She could smell the alcohol on his breath, causing her to recoil.

"Let go of me." 

He suddenly stopped to peer at her sweatshirt. "H.ONE?" 

Hayoung looked down at her sweatshirt. It was the one Hyungwon had given her the first day they had met. 

"YOU'RE ING HIM!" he roared at her. He took a menacing step toward her. 

"Get away from me!"

He pinned her against the wall, his breath hitting her face as he growled, "You're mine." He began to paw at her clothing, trying to her shorts.

She struggled uselessly, begging him to stop with tears streaming down her face. When it was clear he wasn't going to, she closed her eyes and willed it to be over. 

Suddenly, his weight on her completely disappeared. She opened her eyes to find him on the ground, his pants down at his knees and looking outraged. "What the hell?!" 

A figure was suddenly in front of her, blocking his view of her. "H-hyungwon," she breathed out. 

Two bouncers burst through the door behind them. Hyungwon nodded at them. "Take care of him." 

Minwoo was no match for the two burly men, and he was hauled away kicking and screaming. 

Hayoung burst into tears. 

Hyungwon's arms were suddenly around her, and she let him pull her close. "Sorry I'm late," he murmured into her hair. 

After she calmed down, she asked, "What are they going to do to him?"

"Shh, you don't need to worry about it," he replied, her hair. 

Hayoung pulled away. "Thanks." 

He smiled. "Of course. Fix your clothes." 

Hayoung looked down at her still ed shorts and blushed, fixing it quickly. 

Her boss came out of the door. "Hayoung? Are you okay?" 

"Yes," she replied. 

Wonho sighed. "That's good to hear." He looked conflicted. "I'm suspending you for a month." 

Hayoung gasped. "What?" 

"I can't have you disturbing my business like that." 

"It won't happen again!" 

Wonho shook his head adamantly. "Be glad I'm not firing you. It's just a month. This isn't up for discussion."  

Hayoung sighed. "I understand." 

 

"I can't believe I got fired," Hayoung said glumly. She had been sitting on the couch for hours, waiting for Hyungwon to get home. 

He plopped down on the couch next to her. "You didn't get fired. It's only for a month." 

"I need the money." 

Hyungwon got up suddenly and disappeared into his room. He returned with an envelope and handed it to her. 

She looked through it to find a stack of bills. "What is this?" 

"The rent you tried to pay me last month." 

She shoved it back towards him. "Then it's yours." 

"Our agreement was that you cook and clean for me and don't pay rent, so no, it's actually yours." 

"But—"

"Shouldn't you have learned by now that arguing with me is pointless?" He smirked at her, putting the envelope back in her lap. 

She made a face at him. "Fine," she said glumly. She knew it was pointless to go back and forth with him because he didn't seem to know how to take no for an answer. They would be here all night if she tried to argue with him. 

"Aren't you glad you took this job now?" 

"No," she snapped. 

He feigned a wounded expression. "Why?" 

"I feel guilty." 

"Don't," he said. "Trust me, you bring here helps me more than it helps you." 

Hayoung gave him a confused look. "Why's that?" 

He smiled mysteriously at her, replying after a long time, "I've been looking for a someone like you." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Just that I've needed a friend." 

"Oh." She smiled. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, scooting closer to her. 

Hayoung nodded. "I'm still a little shaken up, but other than that I'm fine." 

"I'm glad." 

"Thank you, again." 

"For what?" 

"For saving me. Really. If you hadn't been there—" 

Hyungwon pulled her into a hug. "Shh, don't think about that. You're safe. I won't let anything happen to you." 

Hayoung smiled. "Thank you for being here."

***

[3 Months Later]

"I'm gonna stop playing at the club." 

"What?!" Hayoung looked at Hyungwon in disbelief. "You're leaving?" Hayoung had resumed working at the club after her suspension, and Minwoo had never bothered her again after that night. She had heard rumors that the bouncers roughed him up pretty badly, and she always remembered to bring them water and snacks whenever she had the chance to show her gratitude. 

"I just released an album. My label wants me to go on tour."

Hayoung pouted, punching him lightly on the arm. "What am I gonna do without you?" She and Hyungwon had become extremely close over the past few months, and it was strange to think about not seeing him every single day. She had gotten used to relying on him. 

He snorted. "You'll be fine. I'm sure you and Bomi will have fun causing trouble like you always do."

"It's not me! It's just her!" she protested.

"Right." He rolled her eyes at her.

Hayoung sighed. "How long?"

"A year. My last show will be Ultra Korea. You should come."

"A year?!" She couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. 

"You gonna miss me or something?"

She hit him again, slightly harder this time. "Of course I am."

"I'll miss you too." 

"I don't want you to leave," she confessed.

Hyungwon looked at her intently for a long time before saying, "Trust me, I don't wanna leave either."

 

"Do you really have to go?" Hayoung said, as they stood in front of the airport terminal. 

Hyungwon nodded. "Yes, Hayoung-ah." 

She sighed. "Okay."

He pulled her into a hug. "Take good care of my house, okay?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

"Take care of yourself too."

Hayoung felt tears pricking at the corners of her eyes, and she looked away. Why was she becoming so emotional?

"You better come to my last show."

She swallowed. "I will."

"Promise?" 

"I promise."

"I'll call you whenever I can."

Hayoung nodded. 

"Bye, Hayoung," he said, giving her a peck on the cheek. Then he let go of her and walked away. 

"Bye, Hyungwon." 

He turned back and gave her a small wave, and she gave him a smile in return.

But when he disappeared through the gate, her face fell, and she felt hot tears begin rolling down her face. 

***

[1 Year Later]

"You love him."

"What are you talking about?" Hayoung said, trying to cover her face with the blanket Bomi had just yanked off her. 

Bomi yanked the blanket back off. "Look at you! You've been like a complete zombie for months now. You totally love him."

Hayoung groaned. "I've just been feeling terrible lately." 

"You've been feeling terrible for like half a year? Really?"

"Maybe I'm sick."

"Yeah, lovesick. Why didn't you tell him?" Bomi sat down on her bed and began Hayoung's hair.

"Tell him what?"

"That you love him? Duh?"

Hayoung scoffed. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Bomi snorted.

"Besides, why would I miss him? We talk on the phone... sometimes." When he first went on tour, they spoke on the phone almost every day, but lately the phone calls had been coming less and less frequently. She missed him terribly. And it didn't help that everything in the apartment reminded her of him. She longed to see his signature smile and feel his arms around her. 

"It's not the same." 

Hayoung sighed. "When did you become a love expert?"

"I'm not an expert. Anyone with eyes can see that you two should have gotten together a long time ago."

"We're just friends," Hayoung protested.

"You live together." 

Hayoung glared at her. "I work for him."

"Right, right. And all the skinship?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Shouldn't you stop moping by now? His last show is next week."

"Yeah, but—" Hayoung trailed off.

"But what?"

"What if he doesn't want me there?"

"Why would he not want you there?"

"I don't know."

"Hayoung, you're being dumb." 

She pouted at her friend. "Hey!"

"If you saw the way he used to look at you, you wouldn't even be worried."

"Huh?"

"Ugh, Hayoung, please. Everyone who saw you two knew he was crazy about you."

"It's been a year. People change."

Bomi laughed. 

"What?" Hayoung asked, crossing her arms.

"You do love him." 

"Shut up," she snapped back.

"Just admit it."

Hayoung sighed. "Fine. I like him a lot."

"You love him. You don't pine after someone for a year if you don't love them."

"I..."

"Hayoung-ah." Bomi was looking at her sternly.

"Okay, okay. I love him."

"You should tell him. Tell him after his set."

"What if he doesn't like me?"

Bomi rolled her eyes. "He likes you."

"How do you know?"

"I just know." 

"He barely calls anymore."

"He's a busy person!" 

"I hope you're right."

"Stop wallowing in your sadness and start thinking about what you're going to wear! It's gonna be the first time he sees you in an entire year. You better look hot." 

Hayoung rolled her eyes and sat up. "When do I not?" she asked, winking at her friend.

***

"Could you stop pacing already? You're making ME nervous," Bomi snapped, grabbing Hayoung's arm and holding her in place. They were currently in the VIP section of the Ultra Music Festival Korea venue, and Hayoung had been pacing ever since she realized that Hyungwon was playing next. 

All the lights in the venue went out and then the familiar tune of "You" started, and the words DJ H.ONE lit up on the screen.

And then there he was. 

Hayoung felt her heart leap into her chest as she heard his familiar voice say, "What's up, Ultra Korea? I'm DJ H.One. Are you having a good time?!" 

"Careful, if you smile any wider you'll start to look like the Joker," Bomi teased.

Hayoung nudged her friend in response. "Let's dance!" she exclaimed.

She and Bomi began moving to the music, jumping and swaying with each other as Hyungwon played song after song. 

They had completely lost track of time until Hyungwon came back on the microphone to say, "This is my last song—"

"Already?!" Bomi shrieked. 

Hayoung echoed her disappointment with a sigh. 

"—and it's also the last stop of my tour—"

Hayoung felt herself smiling.

"—so I'm going to play something new for you guys." 

"OH MY GOD! YES!" Bomi squealed, jumping up and down. 

"This is a song that means a lot to me because of the person that inspired it—"

Bomi turned to Hayoung with her eyes wide. "You?" she asked.

Hayoung shook her head. She could hear her heart starting to pound in her ears.

"—I guess you could call her my muse." Hyungwon chuckled a little bit.

Hayoung gripped her friend's arm tightly. 

"Do you wanna hear the story behind it?"

"YES!" the crowd—and Bomi—screamed.

Hyungwon laughed. "Good because someone else here needs to hear it too."

Hayoung tightened her grip unknowingly, causing Bomi to yelp in pain.

"Before I became DJ H.One, I was just a small DJ named Chae Hyungwon. I played night after night in clubs or shows opening for bigger DJs. I was told my music was generic, lazy, uninspired."

"NO!" the crowd screamed. 

"It was. It really was." Hyungwon chuckled. "One night, I was opening at a show. The crowd was beyond bored by my set—I think someone booed me at one point. But there was this beautiful—god, she was so beautiful—go-go dancer that danced her heart out to my music. She tried her best to hype the crowd up... and maybe she didn't win them over, but she won me over. I wrote "You" about her, and that was the song that made me into DJ H.One."

"He's talking about you, isn't he?" Bomi asked.

Hayoung stood there staring down at his figure numbly. "That was him?" Hayoung breathed out. She remembered back to three years ago, when she had just started dancing, she had danced at a small music festival. The first act of the night was a really young DJ whose music really wasn't that great, but he had looked so discouraged by the fact that the crowd wasn't responding to his music that she tried extra hard to make sure it looked like at least she was enjoying it. He had found her after the show and asked her for her name. She had completely forgotten all about that incident until now. She couldn't believe that that unconfident, small DJ was now DJ H.One. 

It all made sense now—why he had driven her home, why he had helped her, why he had taken her in, why he was always there for her. 

"You idiot," she muttered. 

"In a way, I owe everything to her. I was too scared tell her how I felt, so I wrote her a song. This one is called "There For You"."

Music began playing and the crowd began cheering and swaying. Hayoung just stood there, listening to the lyrics, tears beginning to stream down her face.

Last year took a toll on me,
But I made it with you next to me.
Around the world and back again,
I hope you're waiting at the end.

But I can't do this alone, 
Sometimes I just need a light.
When I call you on the phone, 
Need you on the other side.

So when your tears roll down your pillow like a river,
I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you.
When you're screaming but they only hear a whisper,
I'll be loud for you, but you gotta be there for me too.

When the song ended, Hyungwon said, "I love you." 

Bomi nudged her hard, yelling, "I told you so!" 

Hyungwon ended with a, "Thank you, Ultra Korea!", before disappearing backstage. 

"Go, go!" Bomi shoved her towards backstage. 

Hayoung stumbled over her feet as she hurried towards backstage. It was like her feet couldn't move fast enough. She flashed her backstage pass at the bouncer who nodded at her as she breezed by him and down the hallway until she saw the door labelled "DJ H.ONE". 

She stopped to catch her breath before knocking on the door.

It swung open seconds later, revealing Hyungwon, looking sweaty, flustered, and so, so beautiful.

Hayoung threw herself into his arms, pressing her lips to his. He laughed against her lips as he picked her up and shut the door. He deepened the kiss, pinning her against the door. They kissed until it was like they were the only two people in the world. Everything around them disappeared—they could hardly hear the festival going on outside—all they could hear was each other's heartbeats, beating in sync. 

Hayoung pulled away, glaring at him. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Which part?" He put her down.

"All of it!" she snapped. 

"I thought you would've remembered when I told you what my name was." He clutched his heart in mock pain and said, "Guess I wasn't as memorable to you as you were to me."

Hayoung pouted. "Do you know how many DJs I've met?"

"How many of them wrote you a song?"

She pouted at him. 

"Two songs." He smirked. 

"So you tracked me down?"

"I just visited a lot of clubs to see if you worked there. Is that creepy?"

"Mm, a little bit." Hayoung wrinkled her nose. "You're lucky you're cute."

"I love you."

"Why didn't you tell me that before you left?" She punched him lightly on the chest. "Do you know how mopey I've been?!" 

His eyes twinkled. "Is that your way of telling me you love me too?"

"No." She pouted.

"I know how mopey you've been. Bomi wouldn't let me hear the end of it."

"You two have been talking?!"

"Yes."

"Why?!"

"You think I was gonna confess my love to you in front of 50,000 people if you didn't love me back?"

Hayoung laughed. "Yeah, that would've been awkward... Why did you stop calling?!"

"I was trying to perfect this song for today." He pulled her in for a hug. "I'm sorry," he said, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you," she said softly, her voice muffled in his chest.

"What? I didn't catch that," he teased.

"I love you," she said loudly. "I missed you. A lot."

"I'm all yours."

Hayoung giggled. "Really?"

"Come on, I wrote you two songs."

"Thank you."

Hyungwon cupped her face in his hands. "No, thank you—for being there then and for being here now."

"I'll be here forever if you'll let me."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

A/N: THE END! writing one shots is harder than i thought. i really hate time jumps but i didnt really have a choice :\