There For You [1/2]

In the Name of Love

Characters: Oh Hayoung, Chae Hyungwon, Yoon Bomi

Pairing(s): Hayoung x Hyungwon

Genre: just plain fluff; djh.one!au

Rating: pg-13 for swearing, ual reference

Note: Yes, those songs are obviously not by DJ H.One. It's fiction for a reason. If you don't know what a go-go dancer is, it's basically a dancer that is employed by clubs to entertain the crowd and make them want to dance.

If I die before I wake,
Promise me you'll remember me tomorrow.
Cause I'll remember you.

YOU - GALANTIS

"Who's coming to our club?!" Hayoung asked in disbelief. 

"H.ONE! DJ H.ONE!" Bomi grabbed Hayoung's arm and began jumping up and down. 

Hayoung struggled to release herself from her friend's death grip and raised an eyebrow at her. "The DJ H.One? Why would he come here? Why not Club YG or SM or JYP?"

Oh Hayoung and Yoon Bomi were both go-go dancers at Club Starship, a club that had opened in Hongdae about a year ago. Club Starship was pretty popular, but there were much bigger clubs in the city. H.One was the most popular DJ in Korea. Hayoung couldn't believe that he would want to play in a place like this. 

"Who cares! It's DJ H.One!" Bomi squealed. "I love "You" so much!"

"I love you too?" Hayoung looked at Bomi like she was insane.  

"Not you! I mean, I do love you, but his song "You"."

"Oh. Right."

"If I die before I wake, promise me you'll remember me tomorrow cause I remember you!" Bomi sang at the top of her lungs, grabbing Hayoung's hands and making her dance. 

Hayoung laughed, dancing along with her friend. 

"Oh. Boss said H.One came two days ago to see the club... and he signed the contract that same night."

"I guess he really liked the club."

"Wait. You were dancing that night, weren't you?"

Hayoung nodded.

"Did you see him?!" 

"Of course not! If I did I would tell you." She nudged her friend playfully. 

"I heard he's even hotter in person," Bomi sighed dreamily. 

Hayoung snorted. "You're hopeless."

Bomi grinned. "I'm so excited! He's starting tomorrow night." She sighed dreamily again. "I can't wait to meet him." 

Hayoung snorted. "Guess we'll see if he's really hotter in person." 

***

He was definitely hotter in person.

Bomi was practically drooling as she shamelessly stared at him the entire time, instead of the crowd they were supposed to be entertaining. Hayoung had shot her one or two looks, but she had been too busy staring at H.One to notice.

Not that Hayoung could really blame her. Slim and tall, with the perfect jawline and model-like features, he really was beautiful. She couldn't help sneak a couple peeks at him herself. 

When Hayoung turned and looked at him again, he looked up and their eyes met. He looked shocked for a second, then smiled at her. Hayoung turned around so quickly she almost toppled forward. Belatedly realizing how stupid that must have looked, she cringed internally and kept her eyes on the crowd for the rest of the night. 

He finished his set with "You", and the entire club began singing along. Hayoung couldn't help but join in.

Hey, what's your name?
Hey, what's your name?
Cause I need to know,
Cause I need to know.

I've been high and I've been low,
Far beyond and far below,
Never seen you before.
If I die before I wake,

Promise me you'll remember me tomorrow. 

Cause I'll remember you.

I'll remember you.
I'll remember you.
I'll remember you.

Hayoung finally understood why H.One was so popular. He had such a huge passion for music—not only could she see it in his face when he was playing, she could also hear it in his music. Every song he had played was like a look into an extremely personal piece of his life. "You" was one of the very first songs he released that helped him get as famous as he was today, and even after two years, it still looked like the song was the most meaningful to him.

When his set finished and the people at the club began to fan out, Bomi grabbed Hayoung and squealed, "Oh my god, wasn't he the greatest?" 

Hayoung smiled. "He was pretty good."

"Pretty good?!" Bomi looked at her in mock disappointment. "He was A-MA-ZING. I'm gonna go see if I can meet him. You wanna come?" 

"No, I think Minwoo is waiting for me." 

Bomi rolled her eyes. "You're still with that loser?"

"Hey!" Hayoung glared at her friend. "I love him."

"Hayoung-ah." Bomi's eyes grew serious and she put a hand on Hayoung's arm. Her voice softened as she said, "You know I just want what's best for you."

Hayoung nodded. "Unnie. I'm a big girl."

Bomi looked like she wanted to say something else, but just nodded. "I'll talk to you later. Love you!" she said, blowing a kiss at her and walking away.  

"Bye, Unnie. I hope you get to meet your man!" Hayoung called after her.

She exited the club and walked around to the parking lot to wait for her boyfriend, Lee Minwoo. He always picked her up after her shifts, but tonight he was nowhere to be seen. He was probably stuck in traffic, she thought to herself.  

Five minutes passed, and then ten minutes, and before she knew it, twenty minutes had passed. 

Hayoung pulled her phone out and shot him a text asking him where the hell he was. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to keep herself warm as she shivered violently in her crop top and short shorts. She silently cursed herself for not forgetting her sweatshirt and cursed Minwoo even harder for being MIA. 

A black car with equally black tinted windows pulled up in front of her. A million things ran through her mind, but most of them were along the lines of, "Am I going to get kidnapped?" Out of fear, she took an apprehensive step back as the window rolled down, her muscles tensing up in anticipation just in case she had to bolt back into the club for safety. The window rolled down all the way, revealing the driver to be none other than DJ H.One. 

Hayoung couldn't hide the shock on her face. She just stood there gaping at him.

"Hey," he said, giving her a warm smile. 

Her heart was beating out of her chest, and it had nothing to do with her earlier scare. 

"Hi," she managed to eke out.

"You need a ride?"

She was already shaking her head before he finished her sentence. "M-my ride is coming," she replied, checking her phone. Minwoo hadn't replied. 

He looked at her like he didn't believe her. "You sure?"

Hayoung nodded, her eyes involuntarily slipping down to her phone again. 

"Then why do you keep looking at your phone like that?"

"I-I'm not," she responded unconvincingly.

"At least wait in my car until your ride comes."

"No, it's okay," she refused. 

"You're freezing."

"No, I'm not," she lied, but her traitorous teeth began chattering, giving her away.

"I insist." 

Just then, her phone vibrated, startling her. 

My Love: Hayomh sprry! i wen out wih my firends.
My Love: U shouldv tlld me yo wre working tonigh!

Hayoung sighed and typed back a reply. 

Me: You know I work every night. I'll see you at home.

"Everything okay?" H.One asked.

"Yeah," she lied, trying to keep her tone even. "I'm just gonna call a taxi. You can go home." 

He looked frustrated. "It's 4 in the morning. I'm not leaving a half girl alone in a dark parking lot. Just let me drive you."  

Hayoung bit her lip, feeling conflicted. "Fine."

"Hop in."

She made her way to the passenger side and slid in.

He turned the heater on and reached behind to the backseat, producing a black sweatshirt, which he handed to her. "Here. Wear this."

She smiled gratefully at him and pulled it over her head. It had "H.ONE" in big block letters on the front. She snorted. "A little full of ourselves, are we?" she blurted out, before instantly regretting it and clamping shut. 

To her relief, he laughed. "It's the only sweatshirt I have on me right now. I promise I don't wear things with my name on them every day." After a pause, he added, "Only on the weekend." He winked at her.

Hayoung laughed. 

"Where do you live?"

She rattled off her address, which he put into his GPS. "That's on my way home," he commented. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. You don't have to feel like you're inconveniencing me."

How did he know? Hayoung wondered. 

"So, who were you waiting for?" H.One asked, as he began pulling out of the parking lot. 

"My boyfriend." Hayoung thought she saw his eyes turn dark for a second, but she couldn't be sure. 

"Oh. Where is he?"

"He... um... went out with his friends."

Now his eyes definitely had a dark look in them. "Did he forget or something?

Hayoung sighed. "I guess," she said in a small voice.

"Maybe he had a hard day of work or something, and it just slipped his mind." He was trying to make her feel better.

"He... doesn't work."  

"Huh," was all H.One said, but Hayoung could tell that he was judging her boyfriend.

"It's hard to find a job these days..." 

"Right," he replied in the same tone.  

"He takes really good care of me," she said defensively.

"You live together?" 

"Yeah."

H.One had a bitter smile on his face. "You pay his bills and put a roof over his head... and he can't even remember to pick you up from work?" 

Hayoung glared at him. "You don't get to judge me," she growled. "You don't even know me."

"I'm not judging you, I'm judging him."

First Bomi, now him. Hayoung was getting real tired of people trying to tell her what they thought about her relationship. "I know what you're thinking, that I'm—"

"I think you're an angel, honestly," he interrupted, effectively rendering her speechless. "You're a much better person than I am." 

She just sat and gaped at him the rest of the ride until he pulled up to their little apartment complex. She felt instantly embarassed by how dingy and old their building must look to him. He probably lived in a mansion or something.

"I can walk you in."

"N-no, it's okay," she said quickly, getting out of the car as fast as possible. "Thank you so much for the ride. I really appreciate it," she said.

"Good night, Hayoung," he said, smiling.

She shut the car door and waved goodbye. She noticed that he didn't drive away until she had reached her apartment door and unlocked the door to it. 

When she entered the apartment, she found Minwoo waiting for her. "Hey, Hayoung," he slurred. 

"Hey," she said curtly. 

"Are you mad at me?" 

"You left me waiting in the cold for god knows how long. What do you think?" she snapped. 

"Sorry," he slurred. He stood up—just barely—and walked over to her, peering at her. "What are you wearing?"

Hayoung looked down. She was still wearing H.One's sweatshirt. "Nothing," she said. "Go to sleep."

"Okay," he slurred. He gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek, causing her to recoil from the strong smell of alcohol on his breath. He disappeared into the bedroom, slamming the door. 

Hayoung didn't want anything to do with him at the moment, so she chose to sleep on the couch, using the sweatshirt as a pillow. The sweatshirt had a masculine scent on it, and she breathed it in deeply. It was intoxicating, and she found herself thinking about the sweatshirt's owner. She caught herself, and shook her head to clear it. She wrapped a blanket around herself and began drifting off to sleep, completely exhausted.

However, her thoughts kept drifting back to H.One and a sudden realization had her sitting up straight, suddenly wide awake. 

She had never told him her name, so how the hell did he know it?

***

The next time H.One played at the club wasn't until a week later, and by then, Hayoung had came to the conclusion that maybe Bomi had mentioned it to him in passing or something. Especially cause her friend couldn't stop talking all week about how she had met him, and how "unbelievably hot" he was, and how they talked for "a whole twenty minutes!" Hayoung had resorted to tuning her out.

She had kept H.One driving her home a secret because god knows how Bomi would have reacted to that bit of news. Plus, it would mean telling her that Minwoo had forgot to pick her up because he was out drinking with his friends, and she didn't want to give her friend anymore excuses to rag on her boyfriend. Even if he deserved it.

Hayoung looked at her friend, who was currently staring starry-eyed at H.One instead of looking at the crowd. Again. Hayoung shook her head in amusement.

H.One caught her eye and smiled at her. She gave him a small smile back. 

Not even ten minutes into H.One's set, a fight suddenly broke out on the dancefloor. Two girls were screaming at each other and pulling each other's hair. The guys that were with them also began to intervene, and a punch was thrown. Then, everything exploded. The two guys lunged at each other and the crowd parted, giving them a wide berth. One of the guys was thrown at the stage, shaking it violently and causing Hayoung and Bomi to lose their balance and fall off their platforms. Bomi landed on her feet, but Hayoung was not so lucky and landed flat on the ground. Hard. 

H.One stopped the music and hurried over to Hayoung, kneeling down next to her. "Are you okay?"

Her ankle was killing her—she had a feeling she had twisted it when she fell—but she nodded anyway. He helped her up, and she grimaced when she tried to put weight on it. He let her lean on him, and she gave him a grateful smile.  

At this point, the security had arrived and began dragging the offenders out. 

Hayoung's boss, Wonho, came out onto the stage and announced that the police had been called and as a result, the club was going to be closed early today. H.One would play again tomorrow, and everyone here would get in free. The crowd moaned and groaned, but began filing out. 

Bomi grabbed Hayoung's arm. "Are you okay?" she asked, her face full of concern. She eyed H.One's arm supporting her, and raised an eyebrow at Hayoung, but she didn't comment on it. 

"I think so," she replied.

Wonho made his way over to them. "Are you alright?" he asked. 

"I think I hurt my ankle."

Wonho looked worried. "Go home and rest. Take all the time you need. I'll get someone to cover your shifts."

Hayoung swallowed. She couldn't miss shifts. She really needed the money, but there was no way she could dance on this ankle.

"Don't worry, I'll give you your pay anyway," he reassured her. "It's not your fault."

"Thank you," she said, her eyes full of gratitude. 

He smiled at her. "Now go," he ordered, before walking away.

"Come on, I'll take you home," H.One said, gently leading her out of the club with Bomi's help. Hayoung was in too much pain to resist. 

Bomi helped put her in the car, and then grasped Hayoung's arm through the rolled down car window. "Call me, okay?" She gave Hayoung a pointed look, glancing back and forth from her to H.One. 

Hayoung knew what she meant. "I will," she said, rolling her eyes at her friend. 

"Take good care of her! Bye!" Bomi called, waving as they pulled away.

"Do you want me to take you the hospital?" H.One asked. 

"No," she replied, shaking her head. "I just need to put some ice on it."

He looked like he wanted to disagree, but all he said was, "Alright." 

"Thanks for driving me," she said. 

He smiled. "It's my pleasure." 

When they reached her place, H.One parked his car and Hayoung attempted to get out. But when she put weight on her ankle, she cried out in pain. 

"Are you okay?" H.One asked, concern evident in his voice and expression. He grabbed her arm and placed it around his shoulders, letting her lean on him. 

She smiled at him gratefully, then winced when she tried walking.

H.One bent down and swept his arm under her knees, easily picking her up.

"I can walk," she protested, squirming in his arms. Her face was turning red, and she looked away, unable to meet his eyes.

He ignored her protests and carried her all the way to her door, gently placing her down. 

She leaned on him to support her weight and unlocked the door to her place. 

Suddenly, H.One whirled her around and whispered, "I think we should really get you to the hospital." He was blocking her doorway with his body. 

"I already told you, I'm fine. And why are you whispering?" 

"Do you wanna come to my place?"

"No, why the hell would I—"

"I can put something on your ankle." He was avoiding eye contact, his eyes darting around shiftily. 

"No, I have supplies inside," she said firmly, trying to push past him. What the hell was his problem?

"I really don't think—"

"Get out of the way," she growled.

H.One looked conflicted, but moved out of the way. 

Hayoung shot him a glare before limping into her apartment. What she saw made her eyes go wide. Her boyfriend, Minwoo, was in his underwear, fast asleep on the couch with a half- girl on top of him. As she took in the scene, her emotions went from shock to hurt to pure fury. 

H.One pulled her towards him. "Hayoung, maybe we should go." 

She shook her head at him. She hobbled over to the kitchen, ignoring the searing pain in her ankle, grabbed a cup and filled with water. Then, she walked over to Minwoo and dumped it on his head. 

Her boyfriend woke up with a start, yelling, "What the hell was that for?" He looked like he was too out of it to realize what was happening.

The girl landed on the floor and let out a squeak. She recovered faster than Minwoo and let out a little gasp when she registered Hayoung's stony face staring down at her. She scrambled up and began to gather her clothes that were strewn all across the floor of the living room, before running out the door. 

"H-hayoung, y-you're home early," Minwoo stuttered. He looked shell shocked as he stared up at his girlfriend, who was glaring at him with a look of pure hatred. 

"Who the hell is she?" Hayoung said, her voice eerily calm. 

"I-I can explain."

"I said... WHO THE HELL IS SHE?!" Hayoung exploded.

Minwoo looked terrified. "I-I m-met her at a bar."

"How long has this been going on?"

"T-two months."

Hayoung let out a bitter sounding laugh. "You live in MY apartment. You live off MY money. And yet you're ing someone else in MY bed?!"

Minwoo was quiet for a while, before saying, "Can you blame me?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're never home. You're always working."

"I'm always working to PAY THE ING BILLS!"

"Hayoung—" Minwoo stopped when he noticed H.One standing in the doorway. "Who the hell is that?"

"A DJ from the club. Don't try to change the subject."

"Aren't you DJ H.One?" 

H.One gave a small nod.

Minwoo Hayoung. "Why are you with him?"

"He drove me home because I hurt my ankle. What does that have to do with anything?"

"You're screwing him, aren't you?"

"What? Of course not!"  

"Then why is he here?"

"Why are you trying to turn this on me?!"

"You're a ." 

"What? Why would you say that?" 

Minwoo's face had twisted into a cruel expression. "You're a . Look what you're wearing! You dance around in your underwear in a club! And now you bring home one of your little DJs? Did you bring him back here to him?"

Hayoung was too shocked to answer.

"How are you any better than me?"

"H-how can you say that about me?" Her face crumpled.

"I was only with you cause I thought you were hot anyway."

H.One let out a little huffing sound. "What a piece of ." 

"What did you say?" Minwoo said, advancing on H.One, who stood his ground, a half smirk on his face.

"Stop!" Hayoung said, trying to put herself between them. 

As Minwoo swung at him, H.One pushed Hayoung behind him and reached out, grabbing Minwoo's wrist and twisting it behind his back. 

Minwoo let out a string of curses, his face contorting in pain. "Let go of me, !"

H.One held his arm there for a long time, before pushing him back roughly and growling, "I suggest you get the out of here." 

Minwoo glared at him, before storming past them. 

Hayoung crumbled to the floor after he left, tears beginning to stream down her face. 

H.One knelt down next to her, pulling her into his chest and holding her as she cried. They stayed like that for a long time until Hayoung's sobs subsided and she pulled away, saying, "I can't believe it. An entire year thrown away just like that." 

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

Hayoung sighed. "You were trying to protect me, weren't you?"

He nodded. 

"Thanks."

He gave her a small smile. "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

She sighed. "I don't know." 

H.One stood up. "Well, let me at least ice your ankle." He helped her up and tried to lead her to the couch, but she resisted.

"I... I don't really want to sit there."

"Right... Let's go to my place then."

***

Hayoung woke up to sunlight streaming in, confusing her, as her bedroom usually did not get a lot of sun. She found herself on a very unfamiliar couch, covered by an unfamiliar blanket, in a apartment too fancy to be hers. She looked around and found H.One asleep on the other side of the couch. 

Last night came flooding back to her. H.One had brought her back here, nursed her injured ankle, and they had spent the rest of the night drinking—the massive headache she was currently sporting told her that she had done way too much drinking—and talking about anything and everything but her failed relationship. She remembered falling asleep feeling a lot lighter. 

"Good morning," H.One said. He was smiling at her. 

"Hi," she said. "Sorry I fell asleep here."

He laughed. "Did you think I was going to make you go back to your apartment?"

Hayoung hardly registered what he was saying. How did he look so good this early in the morning? And why was his just-woke-up, husky voice making her so nervous?

"Earth to Hayoung?" he said.

"S-sorry. I'm still half asleep," she lied. 

"You can stay here for as long as you like."

Hayoung's eyes widened. "N-no, I really shouldn't."

"You really want to go back there?"

Hayoung bit her lip. "Not really, but—"

"Just move out then."

"I have nowhere to go."

"I have many extra bedrooms," he said, gesturing to the doors upstairs. 

"I can't—"

"You can pay me rent if that makes you feel better."

"No, I really shouldn't..."

"How about this? You cook and clean for me, and you can live here rent free. Just think of it as a live in housekeeper job." 

"I have a job."

"You're exhausted, Hayoung. If you do this, you won't need to work at the club every day."

Hayoung was surprised. "How can you tell?"

"I have eyes."

"Why would you do this for me?" She looked skeptical.

"Because I was you once."

"Huh?"

"I just like you once—working ty hours at clubs every day and getting paid almost nothing." 

"What changed?"

"Someone gave me hope. And now I wanna do it for you."

"I—"

"You know this is too good to pass up."

Hayoung sighed. "Fine. Thank you, H.One."

"Don't call me that. My name is Hyungwon. Chae Hyungwon."

Hayoung smiled. "Thank you, Hyungwon." 

A/N: Sorry if you read this before I finished it. Kinda rushed to finish it, so bear with me if it's meh.