two.

In Fate's Hands
Please log in to read the full chapter

Namjoon’s whole day was spent drifting away, staring at his teacher’s forehead blankly and grunting every time his seatmate whispered something unimportant. He might sound weird, but the sheer mystery enveloping the said boy was intriguing him further, and the desire to know him better was clawing at him repeatedly. Sitting up straight, Namjoon exhaled loudly, glancing at the slowly ticking clock before standing up and bolting out of the classroom just as the bell rang. No one paid him attention because this scene was relatively normal.

 

The trip towards his house was faster than before and he had a feeling that it was all caused by his eagerness. With one foot in front of the other, Namjoon bolted inside, shutting the door behind him and heading towards his private sanctuary. This kind of thing rarely happens to him, the teenage feeling of finally finding someone who was worth his time. Although he and Taehyung barely knew each other, that didn’t discourage him for one second.

 

As he carefully planned his entrance for the next day, Namjoon realized that he was grinning like a fool. No move was made to wipe off the stupid grin, and he concluded that he liked this feeling better than the usual emotionless days passing through his fingers like raging water. Calls from his parents were ignored all night because they were normally too busy themselves to check up on their only son.

 

Why should he make time for people who barely acknowledge his presence? That’s the way things were. His business will always remain his business, while his parents’ work remain confidential.

 

You could call the turn of events as fate and it certainly was to the tall man.

 

He freshened up and put on his most decent outfit before going to the university. Namjoon needed to make an impression that would last in Taehyung’s mind for days.

 

“Hi,” he approached Taehyung carefully, afraid that the other male was still wary of him from the day before.

 

“Hello,” the distracted reply calmed his nerves, making him feel at ease in the presence of the other.

 

Namjoon looked around twice before sitting next to Taehyung and casually inching closer to th

Please log in to read the full chapter