one.

In Fate's Hands
Please log in to read the full chapter

His eyes drifted off, gaining that unfocused look that caused a number of people to stare at him strangely. His lips were pulled up into a grin, eyes twinkling like the brightest stars in the galaxy. The sight was mesmerizing especially to the ladies, but the real reason of the male’s expression was beyond anything they could imagine.

 

They often failed to notice the mysterious glint itching to take over those brown irises, converting it into the consistent color of honey. They also failed to see how his hands clenched and unclenched on his lap every few seconds, as if he was anticipating something to happen at that moment.

 

These little things were the signs of what lay beyond the reality, but they were too undeserving to share the gift bestowed upon him.

 

“Excuse me,” A baritone voice interrupted the male’s daydreaming, causing his vision to darken abruptly and his body to feel imbalanced.

 

Looking up at the stranger, he blinked twice, cringing when the harsh rays of the sun hit his sensitive irises. “Can I help you?” his voice was deep and rather raspy, unused for the past few days.

 

“Are you alright?” Since the other male had his back to the source of the light, the only things he could make out were the outline of his face and the platinum blond color of his hair.

 

“Y-Yeah,” he managed to stutter, shaking his head a little to get rid of the spots clouding his vision. “I’m alright.”

 

“Well that’s good,” the stranger shifted his position, sitting beside him carefully and studying him. “I was a bit surprised when I walked past you a minute ago,”

 

“Why?”

 

“You looked like someone out the life from your body.”

 

He frowned uncertainly, suddenly self-conscious. “Thank you for your concern, but that’s how I usually look like when I daydream.”

 

The other male looked embarrassed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously and straightening his posture. “I’m sorry if I offended you or anything… By the way, my name’s Namjoon, Kim Namjoon.”

Please log in to read the full chapter