three.

In Fate's Hands
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s clock was ticking, he could feel it through every nerve of his body. It had started since that day he met him, the day where all those things were coming to life one by one. He was getting restless with every moment they were together and it certainly showed in his actions. There wasn’t a time where he’d find himself inching away from Namjoon’s hold or cutting a certain conversation just so the inevitable would not happen.

 

For many years of his existence, Taehyung lived a peaceful life, drifting with the currents of life that flowed like water around him. No one wondered why he remained the same, why he stayed at one place just to observe how everyone grew and left their loved ones alone. He saw it all; from the birth of the child to his death. He always knew what their life would be like if they grew up.

 

His eyes ssawee everything, they showed him the past, the present and the future.  They were all tied by a certain string that came from a single source. The only difference was how long they extended. Whenever disasters happen, Taehyung knew it beforehand. He made sure to equip himself with everything that he needed in order to survive.

 

That was his way of life.

 

Living indefinitely was pretty hard itself and he couldn’t blame himself for wanting to die over and over again just to escape his fate. The life he lived contained nothing but pain and sorrow. He couldn’t commit himself to anyone because he’d only end up alone when that said person dies before him. And what hurts the most was that his heart always betrayed him.

 

He fell in love, not once, but many times. Each generation, faith managed to put him on its top priorities and torture him further by letting him meet with humans that he couldn’t resist.  First and foremost was Jungkook, a wandering slave in the lonely dessert of Sahara. Taehyung was then a middle class man who sold jewels for a living. They met during the most unlikely times and Taehyung was immediately enticed by Jungkook’s beautiful features.

 

They bonded for a while, developing a steady relationship of sorts before Jungkook was discovered by his former master and had him killed brutally for running away. Taehyung cried after that, mourning over Jungkook’s ragged body soaked in crimson liquid. With no family to support him, Taehyung was obliged to take care of Jungkook’s burial and the responsibility to visit him from time to time.

 

Eventually, his body and mind became too exhausted and his heart was already damaged badly. Taehyung became very tired of doing the same routine over and over again.

 

Next was Hoseok, the right hand servant of the king. Hoseok was by far the most gentle of all the persons he fell in love with. Secretly, they would escape the palace walls and venture into the night, sharing sweet kisses and throwing away all worries and doubts behind them. Compared to Jungkook, Hoseok died a natural death when he was forty yea

Please log in to read the full chapter