Chapter 11

Makeover [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sowon quickly shoved one of her black leather jackets on as she ran outside of the dorm, the three girls calling after her. She ignored the worried shouts and headed straight for the building’s shared garage. She pulled out her keys from her tight black jeans as she sprinted towards her sleek black street bike. 
She swung her leg over the vehicle as she put on the matching black helmet. She opened the garage door with the remote attached to her keys and started the engine. Closing the visor, she revved up the engine, putting her feet on the pedals and stepped on the gas, ignoring the three girls running after her. 

*** 

As she reached the hospital, she quickly parked her bike and ran to the receptionist. 

“Excuse me!” she frantically cries. 

“Yes, how may I help you?” The receptionist lady says as she looks away from the monitor and smiles broadly. 

“I’m here to see Kim Yewon. Can you please tell me her room number?” She says, still trying to catch her breath, trying to calm herself down.

“May I ask what relation the both of you have? Nonfamily members are not allowed to visit her yet.” The lady says sternly as she turns back to the monitor, trying to search for Umji’s patient number. 

“I’m her older sister and her legal guardian. May I please have her room number?” Sowon says, eyebrows furrowed, worry clearly written all over her face. 

“Sixth floor, room 783. The elevators are tha—“ the lady abruptly stopped when she noticed Sowon sprinting towards the elevators. 

Sowon ran as fast as her legs could take her. Thankfully, there was an elevator on standby on that floor. The door opened, revealing an empty elevator. She jumped in and pressed the button for the sixth floor, soon after holding down the closed door button. 

*** 

“Sowon-ah!” Yerin cried, trying to get the taller girl’s attention. 

Without even looking back once, Sowon fled on her bike, the vehicle attracting attention with its loud roar. 

“Great. What do we do now?” SinB asks as she stopped to heave her breath. 

“I’m on it.” The shortest out of the three pulls out her cell phone, punching in the numbers for a cab. 

As Eunha made the call, the remaining two were trying to figure out what happened. They both stopped when they heard a notification ringtone come from Yerin’s phone. The girl pulled out her sleek black Android phone, a notification appearing on its lock screen. 

Unnie. Umji. Hospital. Car crash. School. XX Hospital. Hurry. 
-Squirtle 

Yerin’s eyes widened, pupils contracted. The girl was in shock, her jaw slacked. 

SinB was standing next to her, confusion clearly was written on her face. She noticed the message that appeared on the locked phone screen but was unable to read it. As she was about to look over the older girl’s shoulder, Eunha called. 

“Guys, the cab’s here” 

*** 

When the three arrived, they sprinted towards the reception. 

“How may I help you today, ladies?” the lady asks, a pleasant smile formed on her face. 

“We came to visit Kim Yewon. We’re her cousins,” Yerin lies, knowing that if they told her they were friends they wouldn’t even have the chance to meet Umji. 

“Sixth floor, 783. Elevators that way,” The lady replies, her hand point in the direction of a hallway. 

“Thank you.” 

*** 

The trio is currently standing in front of room 783, huffing and puffing from the sprinting they’ve done. The first to regain her breath, SinB, opened the door slowly, poking her head through the crack. The room was a plain white with black accents. It smelled of chemicals and bleach. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter