I Swear

Sweet Like Sugar

 

The school day soon ended, and Yoojung could go home. The rain was already pouring, puddles were forming on the streets.  Her dad was right when he warned her about the rain. Thankfully, the girl has a bright orange umbrella in her backpack.
Stuffing her notebooks into a backpack, Yoojung thought about Doyeon. She wasn't in school today, where was she? Hopefully, she didn't get wet in the rain...


Yoojung shook the thoughts out of her head, put her earphones in and put a random song on her phone. Something to block the outside world. Saying goodbye to her classmates, the girl walked out of the classroom and started heading home.
Doyeon wouldn't leave her thoughts. The image of the girl being beaten up kept appearing in Yoojung's head. If only she knew where the other girl was.

Going home, the girl kept walking on busy streets full of people, passing by cafes filled with strangers. As Yoojung walked, the rain got heavier, so she decided to sit in a cafe and wait for the rain to calm down. She walked into the place, being greeted by one of the workers.
"What would you like today?" - The worker asked. Yoojung didn't look up to see who it was, but she could tell that the voice was familiar. 
"I would like some tea..." The short girl looked up to see who was speaking to her, and was very surprised. "Doyeon? What are you doing here?" Yoojung questioned the other. 
"Yoojung? Ugh... I can explain later, I still have 10 minutes till my shift ends, let's talk then, alright?" The tall one explained quickly, because more costumers kept walking into the cafe. 
"Alright... see you later then." Yoojung replied and walked away when she got her tea. She was very confused. Why was Doyeon here?
The shorter decided to kill the time by staring out of the window. After she got bored of that, her eyes started looking around the place. It was a modern cafe, but still had a cozy atmosphere. Tables and chairs made of wood and a couple couches seemed like a good place for high school student to hang out at. 
Without realizing, the 10 minutes passed, and Doyeon came up to the other girl.
"You will have a lot of explaining to do." - Yoojung said to the other as she was taking a seat next to the shorter.
"I know, I know. You heard about the pictures, right?..." The taller asked while looking down at the table, trying not to look at Yoojung. 
The shorter breathed slowly. Is she upset? Will she be angry if I tell her about Jiho?
"Well." Yoojung looked at Doyeon. Their eyes met and the atmosphere became even more tense. "Yeah..." The shorter said rapidly.
Doyeon looked down again. This can't be happening. We just became friends, and she already hates me. It can't get worse.
"So, what do you think?" The taller questioned quietly. A moment later, Yoojung made a disgusted face. Doyeon was sure that the other hated her.
"I think that Jiho and Mingyu are absolutely disgusting and should never be allowed in the school again. Like, really? Do they not have anything better to do? I'm just so mad at them." Yoojung spoke passionately. For a second, Doyeon was surprised. No one ever worried for her so truthfully. The realization hit her a moment later. 
"Why would you be mad at them? They didn't do anything to you. Don't blame them for nothing." Doyeon spoke calmly, but there was so much pain in her voice. The taller stopped believing people in her school a long time ago. Trust is something that is difficult to her to feel. She was too hurt.
Yoojung stayed silent trying to find the right words to say. She looked down at the table. The shorter was confused. Shouldn't Doyeon be happy that she's taking her side? So why is she acting like this?
Lost in her own thoughts, Yoojung looked up to see a sad Doyeon. The other girl's eyes were red  and had tears forming in them. The next moment, she stood up and walked out of the cafe.
Doyeon couldn't believe it. Another liar. Nothing has changed. Everything is the same. She can't trust anybody, even if it feels right. Her feelings don't even matter anymore.
. The taller was now standing in the middle of the busy street, tears dripping down her face and rain pouring over her school uniform. The cold drops of water didn't feel like anything. Even so, everything was just so cold and sad. For that moment, Doyeon didn't feel like pretending anymore, because she faked her strength. She faked her smiles and cheerfulness. It felt as if now, all she really could feel was cold.
Until something warm circled her body. Something that made the  rain stop falling and the coldness disappear. Something that made her safe and protected form the outside world. To be more specific, it was a someone. 
Yoojung was hugging the taller tightly with an umbrella in one hand, also crying.
"Because of you. I'm mad at them because they hurt you. But I don't want them to hurt you, because I really care about you . Kim Doyeon, believe me, I care. From the start, you were the same like everyone else to me, but everything changed. It changed, so you can trust me. I will protect you, Doyeon, I swear I will." Yoojung's tears were now flowing across her cheeks as she mumbled her feeling to the taller. She couldn't keep it inside any longer. 
Doyeon turned facing the shorter and hugged back. 
"Thank you, Yoojung."

---------------------//////

Took me long enough, huh? Well, sorry for not updating for like two months. School started and it got really busy. It's around 4 AM now, so I should go to sleep, but...

IOI CAME BACK AND SAVED MY LIFE, HONSTLY VERY VERY VERY IS SUCH A GOOD SONG IM LISTENING TO IT 24 7 I SHOULD GO TO SLEEP YAY ILL EDIT THIS LATER