[P] Chapter III (3; Its been awhile)

[P] Writing Our Dreams (by gogumaloyal)

“So what do you think, Seohyunnie?” Taeyeon snapped her off.

Seohyun heads up and look at both Tiffany and Taeyeon before sighing once. She then nods her head slowly.

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany yelp in excitement. They have never predicted that Seohyun could agree with this plan this fast. They have prepared a few more speeches for her to realize how important love in her life is. Gosh, that was a relief for them.

Both Taeny give high five towards themselves as they smile widely.

Only Seohyun who just smiles weakly. She does not know that this decision will actually make both of her unnies this happy.

Tiffany looks back at Seohyun before she speaks up, “So, we already have gotten a guy for you”

Seohyun widened her eyes. They already have a guy for her? What…?

“Wait. Can’t I just pick on my own? Well, pick my own boyfriend, to be exact” Seohyun said. Both of the unnies look at each other in shock. They thought that maybe Seohyun would agree with this too but eventually she does not.

Seohyun could see disappointment in their eyes. She starts to feel guilty.

‘They already worked hard on publishing my book and make it a success. Now they are also working hard on finding me a boyfriend. Damn it. Why do you two have to go through a lot of things for me?’ Seohyun thought as she bits her lower lips.

Then, she groaned out of frustration.

‘Oh god, why do I have a kind heart. Now I started to feel guilty for disappointing them’ She closes her eyes and took a deep breath before looking back at them.

“Fine. I’ll date the guy that unnies already picked for me then” She frowned. “Who’s the unfortunate guy that is going to date me?”

If previously, Tiffany’s face a bit in dooms, now her face is shining like a diamond as she hears that Seohyun agreed to the man that they have picked up for her. She jumps to Seohyun as she thanks her many times.

Seohyun giggles as she hugs Tiffany back.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon just smiles like a mother watching both of the girls.

As they both pull back, Seohyun looks at them with a questioning look.

“Who’s the guy?” She asks as she sits back on her seat.

Just before Taeyeon could answer her, there comes a knock that cut her off.

“Come in” Taeyeon said casually.

A minute later, the door is opened bit by bit. All eyes on the door as Seohyun anticipates who is the person that has ruined their moment. Tiffany and Taeyeon smirk as they both knew who is going to come in.

“Annyeong” It is just a simple greeting but it has successfully made Seohyun gasps in shock.

“Yonghwa-ah!” Tiffany yells happily.

“Yonghwa-sshi!” Taeyeon chuckles as she flashes him a sweet smile.

And there is Seohyun who just stands there without a single word to utter.

Yonghwa chuckles looking at the Seohyun who just goes stiffened like a statue but he really cannot blame her. If he is in Seohyun’s shoes right now, he might have done the same. Just standing and frozen like a statue.

His eyes soften as his met with hers. Now he knows the situation that he always seen in romance movie or he could have read them in romance novel because - when the couple falls into each other’s gaze and the whole thing that happens around them seems just stops at the moment without them realizing it.

“So, that’s how it feels like, huh?” He mutters beneath his breath as he smirks.

It is true. Now, staring at each other eyes, he feels that the world has stopped rotating and it lets them live the moment. After 5 years, there they are. Finally. He never have thought that he would see her again. He thought the she has already disappeared from his life after that night.

They snapped out of it abruptly when Taeyeon clears .

Seohyun looks down as Yonghwa smiles and glances at her for a moment before looking back at Taeyeon.

“I’m glad that finally you’ve made it here” Taeyeon greets him as she gestures him to come closer and join them. Yonghwa nods as he slowly walks closer to them.

Seohyun who could feel that he is getting closer, quickly stands up from her seat which grabs everyone’s attention to her. Yonghwa stops as he stares at her.

“U-uhm… I’ve got a lot of things to do. Just email me the detail, okay, unnie?” Seohyun grabs her handbag as she turns to Tiffany and bends a bit to give her a quick peck on her cheeks and she hugs her.

“See you later, unnie” She said, whispering.

Seohyun turns to Taeyeon and gives her a sweet smile. Since Taeyeon is a bit further, it is hard for her to reach him. Taeyeon is aware about it too and she lets it by. Then, Seohyun collects all the letters on Taeyeon’s desk and put it in a paper bag that already have been prepared earlier.

After packing things up, she takes a deep breath before turning around and looks at him once more. She is hesitant but still takes a step towards the door. Just as Seohyun is about to bow to him, Yonghwa speaks up, “It has been awhile, Hyun,”

Gosh, she almost fell on her knees hearing those words that comes out from his mouth. Her old nickname which he gave her. Her heart is thumping vigorously after such a long time. She is about to break down but she holds onto her feelings and acted like nothing has happened. But surely, only God knows how much she misses him. She almost jumps into his arms the moment her eyes met his. After all these years, who could forget that snuggle teeth, that beautiful brown eyes, that plump lips and that smile. She has never forgotten those features - ever.

Seohyun snaps out as she looks at him blankly and walks, passing him.

She opens the door and walk outside and finally catches her breath. She closes the door behind her and quickly gets out of the building. She never thought that she would be seeing him again. She thought that she finally had him out of her sight forever but how wrong she was.

She gets in the car and locks it. She starts the engine, presses the pedal and both of her hand on the steering handle, ready to glide. But she stops. Looking at the front, she sighs out loud then rest her head on the steering handle.

Seohyun takes a deep breath. She looks up, at the front.

“No one is going to change, okay?”

The flashback comes again and makes her stomps her face down again. She closes her eyes and holds onto the steering handle tightly.

“Go away!” She yells, hoping that the memories would go away eventually. A bead of tears escapes her eyes. She starts to sob and cry.

The old pain starts to feel her up on her heart. It feels like a million of swords just stabbed on her heart in all directions. It hurts so much. Seohyun hits herself as she hopes the pain would go away. It has finally gone a few minutes later.

Seohyun then drives herself back to her apartment.

Just as she enters her apartment, Taeyeon calls her.

“Unnie?”

“Seohyun-ah! Have you arrived at home?!”

Seohyun just hums a sound as she throws herself on the couch in the living room.

“Gosh, I’ve called you a hundred times! Why didn’t you pick up?” From her tone, Seohyun can guess that Taeyeon is worried sick about her.

Seohyun pulls out from the phone and the phone brightens up. She can see there is a numerous symbols of missed calls on top of the screen. She just put back the phone on her ear.

“Sorry, unnie. I set my phone in silent mode. What’s wrong?”

Taeyeon sighs on the other side of the phone. “Nothing. It’s just, I want to make sure that you’re alright”

Seohyun hums as she plays with her hair.

“Hyunnie, I’m telling you something but promise me that you will not freak out, okay?”

Seohyun hums again.

“Well, it’s about your boyfriend. Tiffany and I have already decided that it’s going to be Yonghwa. Are you fine with it?”

With that, Seohyun sits up straight. She does not know either how to react or what to say to her. She is having these mixed feelings right now. She cannot think of anything. Her mind just went blank. She thought that she is just going to meet him that once but it seems like Lady Luck is not on her side. “Seohyun?” Taeyeon calls her which makes her snapped out of her mind.

Then she sighs, “Give me a week to think about it unnie”

“But you guys…”

“I know. We used to date. But we aren’t anymore, unnie. I’m sorry but I’m not trying to be rude but I’m just so tired right now. I want to take a shower now, unnie”

Taeyeon could only sigh. “Fine. We’ll talk about this later, okay? Goodnight, Juhyun-ah”

“Good night, Taeyeon unnie” She hangs up the phone. Seohyun throws hers beside before standing up and walks to the bedroom. She takes off her cloth one by one then pulls the the shower on.

She really needs a long, long, long shower…