A Dilemma Between Love and Hate

I Hate My New Teacher

To wake up and being wrapped by Wooshin’s arms were making Sunyoul flustered. He remembered all the stupid things he did on the previous night and he wanted to slam his head to the wall. He was really scared of thunder and he showed it to his student. It was unbelievable. Sunyoul looked at his student’s face and he was sleeping peacefully. The teacher’s heart beat was loud and fast, it put him on an overwhelming situation even though the other didn’t do anything. “Wooshin, please let me go. We need to wake up now. I think it’s already 9 am,” Sunyoul mumbled as he tried to get out from Wooshin’s arms. “Five minutes more, please. I’m so sleepy and this is your fault,” Wooshin mumbled sleepily. “Okay, I’m sorry for being so chicken-hearted because of the thunder last night! But at least please let me go,” Sunyoul said and Wooshin lazily pulled his arms from Sunyoul. “There, go out and stop bothering my sleep.” Wooshin turned his body around and going back to sleep. “What an idiot,” Sunyoul mumbled.

It was Saturday and it meant it was a free day for Wooshin. At least that was what he thought. He could sleep until it was morning again, he could just wrap the thick blanket on his body and pretended to be a sushi. But the annoying guy who was unfortunately staying in his house kept shouting his name or poking his head in order to wake him up. “Aish, shut up, Sunyoul. I’m trying to gain back my sleep! I’m lack of sleep for 2 years already!” Wooshin said. “You’re lucky I’m waking you up like this. My ex-roommate who always woke up earlier than me and my friend tried to wake us up using a ‘Wake Up’ song and his voice was really annoying,” Sunyoul said. “Yeah, I don’t know your friend but I bet his voice is just as annoying as yours. Now leave me alone.” Wooshin covered his whole body with the blanket from head to toe, leaving Sunyoul who had crossed his arms on his chest. Sunyoul waited impatiently for Wooshin to get up from his bed, but it was useless. He huffed and left the room, leaving Wooshin who was staying in his blanket until Sunyoul went back to his house.

---

“Hello, Sunyoullie-hyung?” Gyujin greeted on the phone. “Gyujin, how are you?” Sunyoul asked. “I’m fine, hyung. Everyone in here is all fine. Are you worried about us?” Gyujin said happily. “Ah yes, I miss Wando so much. I really want to go back to Wando and help my parents taking care of their tomatoes and potatoes,” Sunyoul said as he tried to cover the sadness in his voice. “Aw, hyung. I know you miss Wando so much, but isn’t your job more important? You should think about your job, especially teaching in Seoul is a big achievement, y’know.” Gyujin tried to cheer his hyung up. It wasn’t his favorite to listen to Sunyoul’s voice when he was feeling sad. “I don’t think it’s important anymore, Gyujin-ah. The condition is here is…really…bad. So, I’m thinking to go back to Wando,” Sunyoul said. Hearing such words from Sunyoul surprised Gyujin a lot. How bad the condition in there took over Gyujin’s mind.

“Hyung, you should talk to me about your problem. It’s not good to keep it by yourself.” Gyujin was concerned about Sunyoul, he always protected and took care of Sunyoul from they were little even though Gyujin was younger than him. “I know, Gyujin. But, this is not a serious problem. It’s just…bad. But not really bad. Oh my, what am I talking about? The point is, I’m fine at handling this problem,” Sunyoul chuckled, followed by Gyujin. “I trust you, Hyung. You can pass all of the problems, and you’ll survive from it,” Gyujin said softly, “My mother keeps asking me to help her. I guess we should end our conversation here. I’ll talk to you later, Hyung! Goodbye.” Gyujin hung up the call. Talking to Gyujin lighten Sunyoul’s mind a bit.

The fact that it was several months to go until he would come back to Wando made Sunyoul nervous. What should he say to his parents? He didn’t want to make them disappointed or upset. They had put a lot of hopes at Sunyoul and he didn’t have a heart to crash all of those hopes.

---

Someone called Wooshin and he cursed to the fact that the phone didn’t stop ringing. He was too lazy to even move a single muscle and just let the phone stop ringing by itself. But, he guessed the caller was really determined to call him and he decided to stretch his arms and reached his phone without even leaving his comfortable bed. Jinhoo. That damn bastard kept calling him like he was so thirsty for affection from the younger. “Hey, what’s up, Shortie,” Wooshin said lazily. “Oh wow, look who hasn’t waken up from his sleep. Good morning, Sleeping Beauty,” Jinhoo said mockingly. Wooshin rolled his eyes, accepting Jinhoo’s lame words. “What do you want now?”

“Let’s go to the mall.”

Jinhoo suddenly showed up on Wooshin’s bedroom door and successfully made the other jumped a bit. “You ty human, what are you even doing in here? You look like a creep who is stalking a handsome man! Go away!” Wooshin shouted. “Did ya call yourself as ‘a handsome man’? Should I give you a mirror for you so you can reflect on your life? Come on, get out from your bed, take a nice bath, and let’s go hanging out with us!” Jinhoo exclaimed happily. “’Us’?” Wooshin tilted his head in confusion. “Don’t forget about Lee Hwanhee, dude.” Hwanhee showed his face from behind the wall. “I swear to God, guys. How can you get into my house?” Wooshin sighed. “Well, we don’t really know. When we arrived here, the door is unlocked, so I thought you’ve waken up,” Jinhoo said. Wooshin’s eyes widened when he listened Jinhoo’s answer. “Seriously? Did Sunyoul leave the door unlocked just like that? That bas—“

“Whoa whoa, wait a minute there. Why did you mention Sunyoul just now? Did he leave the door unlocked? Seriously though, what is happening between both of you? This is getting more suspicious and I can feel my inner detective side is showing,” Jinhoo said. Wooshin crossed his arms on his chest and rolled his eyes sarcastically. “The only thing that is showing from you is your gay side,” Wooshin said. “Ew, rude. But I think, both of us need to hear the story from you. So, you should get ready now,” Hwanhee said. Wooshin regretted mentioning the teacher’s name in front of his idiot friends.

---

They were all seated nicely and Jinhoo and Hwanhee were enthusiastically waited for Wooshin to tell everything about his relationship with Sunyoul. “Did you invite him to your house?” Hwanhee was the one who asked. He couldn’t wait for Wooshin to open his mouth. That bastard was clearly trying to cover it. “I didn’t.” Wooshin shook his head and clearly that answer wasn’t the answer Jinhoo and Hwanhee were expecting.

“Well all of you, yes I invited him,” Wooshin sighed. Jinhoo grinned like an idiot and clapping his hands like a seal on a show. “Tell us it wasn’t his first visit to your house,” Jinhoo continued. “It was—hey! What’s going on with that question!” Wooshin almost shouted but his friend giggled. “I bet Sunyoul has the duplicate of your key because you said earlier that he forgot to lock the door when he went out,” Jinhoo said. “And because of your statement, we know you’re feeling comfortable when he’s in your house because usually you don’t even let us to duplicate your key.” Hwanhee sipped his drink. Wooshin was blushing as he heard the stupid words from his friends. “Why would I let both of you to duplicate my key? T-that’s really dumb for both of you to say,” Wooshin tried to defend himself. “Oh, look who’s blushing now? Mr. Kim Wooshin, listen to me. Even though your words are so strict and mean, your face tells the opposite,” Jinhoo said and quickly got an agreement from Hwanhee. “Ugh, fine. Both of you keep pushing me like this, it’s irritating. I’ll tell about it, but promise me. None of you should laugh,” Wooshin said, glaring to his best friends who were smiling like an idiot already.

“Deal.” Both of them said.

“Firstly, last night we didn’t do anything weird,” Wooshin started. “Well, it’s weird enough for you to say like that because every story that has the beginning like that, it tells the listeners that there’s something weird happened between you and Sunyoul,” Hwanhee said, making Jinhoo and him high fived and giggling. “Do you want to listen to me or keep making lame jokes about it?” Wooshin threatened. “Okay, we’re done laughing, Mr. No-fun,” Jinhoo said. Wooshin sighed and he continued, “we just ate ramen and then we went to my house. We talked about some unimportant things and then we realized it was late and I asked him to sleep at my house.”

Wooshin was surprised at how serious the two listened to his story. “Why didn’t you send him home?” Hwanhee asked. “I can’t. I don’t know, I know I could’ve sent him home. But surprisingly I didn’t. He rejected my offer to sleep at my house because he was afraid I would do some ual harassment at him or something but I made him sure that I won’t lay my fingers on him.” Wooshin sipped his tea. “New fact, Wooshin let Sunyoul slept next to him on his bed. Nice try,” Jinhoo said, “I know your story hasn’t finished yet. Please continue,” Wooshin sighed again. “It was midnight and there was a thunder storm. I didn’t know he was afraid of storm, so I simply calmed him down.” Hwanhee’s and Jinhoo’s face were blushing a bit by listening to Wooshin’s story. “You calmed him. Tell us the detail,” Hwanhee said.

“He hugged me, told me that he was afraid of storm. And well, I hugged him. It was unscripted, okay. Don’t judge me,”

Wooshin had kept his eyes on his teacup for a long time as he tells the story. But when he lifted his face, he found Hwanhee was covering his face and Jinhoo was clenching on his clothes while making a weird expression. “T-that was too cute, excuse me but I think I can die,” Hwanhee said. “Well then just die.” Wooshin stood up and was going to leave his friends. “By the way, Wooshin! We need to know your feeling first about him,” Jinhoo said. Wooshin looked up to the ceiling and smiled a bit. “I think I’m going to hate him more.” He smiled and left his friends with their priceless expression. “D-did he smile as he said he was going to hate Sunyoul more?” Hwanhee asked. “I think it’s sarcasm, y’know,” Jinhoo said, completely blank because of Wooshin’s statement.

The black haired guy was on his way back to his house when suddenly he got a text from Hwanhee. So, Sunyoul locked the door, but those guys had duplicated Wooshin’s front door key secretly and unlocked the door to get into his house. “I hope killing stupid people is going to be legal soon,” Wooshin mumbled.

---

a/n: oh i love to write jinhoo and hwanhee's characters in here. they're like my spirit animals. all hail the matchmaker jinhoo and hwanhee.