[Ken] On First Snows

Daffodils In The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What are you looking at?" Jaehwan asked, surprising Haneul who had been lost in her thoughts. She had been sitting outside in the balcony attached to the living room. She had pulled out the armchair into her reading nook and she moved it to a corner to make room for him.

"Oppa! You are home" she noted in surprise. She had expected him to be home much later in the night. "Work got done early. I thought you would be asleep now" he told her. "I ended up sitting outside here. The view was pretty" she told him. "It is" Jaehwan agreed, as he sat down on the arm of the armchair. It was early December and small yellow fairy lights hung from the trees along the walkway, glowing extra bright in the night. A few apartments on the building across theirs had red, green and gold tinsel spread out across the windows as Christmas decorations already. 

"Aren't you feeling cold?" she asked him. "If I am, will you let me cuddle with you?" he asked playfully. Haneul blushed and looked away. "You're too bold some times" she told him, not meeting his eyes. "Some people say that's my charm" he told her. Haneul shook her head , smiling anyways. It was a charm alright. His playful yet straight forward attitude was one of the many things she loved about him. 

Not that he knew unfortunately. But Haneul preferred it that way. Jaehwan didn't like her. There was no way that he thought of her as more than a friend and a roommate and she was fine with that really. Because there was no way someone like him would like someone like her. He was so happy and carefree and kind and the type to make people feel welcomed instantly. While she was more introverted, preferring fewer words and generally quiet opposed to how lively he sounded.

"It's really chilly. You should wear a jacket" she told him, pulling away from her thoughts. "I'm okay really" he assured her. "It isn't even that cold. We'll have our first snow really late" he frowned. "That's a shame" Haneul said, frowning with him. "Were you hoping for a romantic first snow date?" Jaehwan asked her. "I wish! First snow dates would be magical" Haneul confessed.

"Magical?" he asked, turning to face her when he talked to her. their legs bumped but he didn't pay it any heed. "I don't know h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter