Chapter 02

honey baby | jaeyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 02

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– 

The moment Taeyong woke up, he knew it wasn’t going to be his day. He didn’t get much sleep the night before because of the dread he was feeling in his stomach, and as soon as he felt sleepy, his alarm went off. Since his mother woke up early to make his father some breakfast, he wasn’t tip toeing on the stairs like he would when he would come home late and his parents would be asleep. He could smell the pancakes and bacon wafting in the air, but it just made him sick. He didn’t have an appetite at all, not when all he was thinking about was the dare he had to do.

Ugh, the dare, he thought, grumbling as he entered the kitchen and sat at the table with a slump. His mother jumped at the sudden noise, and Taeyong cracked a smirk at her expression.

“Oh, Taeyong? Why are you up so early honey?” She asked, flipping the pancakes whilst looking at him with worry. Taeyong shrugged, resting his head on the table and blinking up at her, “couldn’t sleep.” He mumbled.

“Well, are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something?” Taeyong shook his head, fighting back a yawn. “Not hungry this early, mum.”

His mother nods and goes back to setting his father’s breakfast on a plate. His father enters the kitchen whilst he has his face in his hands, exhausted because of his lack of sleep. His father looks surprised as well when he spots Taeyong sitting at the table. Taeyong greets him before putting his head on the table, sighing.

“What’s up with him?” His father points at him, acting like Taeyong can’t hear him. His mother shrugs, handing his father the plate but not before giving him a big kiss and a bright ‘good morning!’. How can people be this energetic this early in the morning?

Taeyong gives his parents a look before faking a gag, “you guys are disgusting. Make me ruin my appetite.” He says playfully, turning his head to the side to showcase his “disgust”. His dad snorts and his mom slapped the back of his head softly. “Don’t talk like we aren’t here, young man.”

Taeyong’s eyes widen, “you were okay with him talking like this when he asked about me.” He exclaimed and his father pokes his tongue out at him before eating his breakfast. His mother only shrugs before taking a seat and digging into her breakfast again. Taeyong only stares at them. Where can he go when he’s treated like this in his own house, by his own parents?

Sighing again, he gets up but his mother stops him.

“You sure you don’t want any food honey?” She asks, and Taeyong thinks about it for a little before giving her a smile. “Make me some when you’re done eating.” He tells her and she nods before he’s out of the kitchen, walking up to his room.

He’s face down on the bed, contemplating faking his death before his phone rings. He groans, lifting his face up to glare at it, before unlocking it. It’s a message from Doyoung in their group chat.

>>Group Name: #DicksOutForHarambe

>>From: DoYOUNGMONEY

Hey tae you remember the dare right

>>From: TY TRACK

Yes, how can I forget something like that???? -_-

>>From: DoYOUNGMONEY

*Evil smile*

>>From: TY TRACK

I hate all of you and I’m going to murder you guys

>>From: Yu-think

Jokes on you I’m already dead

>>From: DoYOUNGMONEY

Hansol I can see you typing all I’m gonna say is that Mark is in this group…….please think about the young and pure……..you wouldn’t say that in front of your kids now would you

>>From: Hansoul

Shoot you’re right… my joke was mad funny though :/

Taeyong laughs behind his hand at his friends’ messages. He wipes at his chin to dry it as he had just come out of the bathroom after freshening up. He goes to type a message but drops his phone on the bed when he hears his mother call for him, telling him his breakfast was on the kitchen table.

When enters the kitchen, his mother is at the table, having a cup of coffee.

“Did dad leave?”

His mother nods.

“I told him to bring you some cupcakes when he comes home. You love the chocolate chip ones, don’t you?” His mother gives him a warm smile behind her cup as Taeyong sits before her, munching at his breakfast. He’s not feeling as ill as he was when he woke up, but he’s still not ready to hold a damn sign in front of hundreds of people like a fool. He groans mentally, chewing at his food. He just had to choose dare.

“Yeah, mom... I love the chocolate chip ones.” He gives his mother a smile but it looks more like a cringe.

His mother notices his tense expression, putting down her cup.

“Are you okay?”

Taeyong put down his spoon, sighing. He decides to tell his mother. “I was dared by the boys to hold a sign saying kiss me, I’m desperate, or something like that, in front of Han River. That’s why I woke up so early.”

His mom chokes on her coffee, before dabbing her chin with some tissues Taeyong hands her, frowning. She keeps laughing, wiping at the spilled coffee in front of her, and Taeyong continues frowning. Do his parents take him as a joke?  His friends weren’t enough, now his parents bully him too.

His mother shakes her head, “that’s good, honey. You’ll get kissed by loads of people there,” She hadn’t finished her sentence before she’s cackling again, getting up to put her cup in the sink and coming to pat him on the head, before walking out of the kitchen giggling at herself.

Taeyong finishes off his breakfast with a grumble, dropping the cutlery in the sink and walking out. He’s so going to get his frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter