ii. Jinyoung

Nocturnes

            Because sometimes Jinyoung think he is nothing but broken glass, until Naru put him together and he feel alive once again.

 

            It’s past midnight yet Naru still wide awake, she’s sitting on the floor beside her bed. Watching Jinyoung deeply asleep, his chest move up and down evenly. He looks like a baby fell asleep after crying. She caress his hair softly, sometime pats his back lightly like a mom compliment her son after doing so well.

            Jinyoung looks strangely unusual today, his friend sent him home and saying he drank too much. His friend didn’t explain any further but Naru decide to ask Jinyoung later after he’s feeling better. Jinyoung looks composed and strong outside but he had a fragile heart. He had so much on his shoulder, Naru want him to share it with her. it’s not good to keep everything by himself but he just smile and say he’s okay. The best thing she could do right now is stay by his side, like tonight.

            Jinyoung wake up with massive headache, he had to squint his eyes when he try to sat. He surprised when realized it’s almost noon, he can’t be late to work. Jinyoung try to get up from bed at once but his body still can’t endure the amount of alcohol he drank last night, he almost fell if Naru didn’t come in and catch him.

            “ Be careful you, boy.” She help him to stand up straight, it needs some time to make him balance on his feet.” Don’t worry about work, I’ve taken care of it. Go get some food before take a bath.”

            He actually had an important meeting with client today, but he know he’s not in the shape for work right now. His head felt like going to explode anytime, he regrets why he should drink so much last night. Now, he can’t even standing straight on his own feet, how do you think he will survive a whole day full of meeting.

            Naru followed him to the kitchen and sat across of him, he still dazed and haven’t touch anything yet. Naru used to loves Jinyoung’s morning looks, he’s just like a lost puppy when he just woke up but today he looks terrible. 

            “ Eat something, the soup will help to reduce your headache.” Jinyoung slowly take his spoon and eat quietly. Naru didn’t feel like eating when Jinyoung is like this, he only want to hug him and say eyething will be alright, no matter what makes him worry. Everything will be alright – eventually

            Naru likes bookstore, maybe she not really into reading like Jinyoung but she love strolling in bookstore especially when Jinyoung is around. Jinyoung looks better now that they’re in his favorite place. Something that can distract him from his problem is book.

            “ Thank You “ His eye’s wrinkle showed whenever he’s smile and Naru loves it. Jinyoung get 3 books he really want and they’re walking hand by hand to their favorite café.

            “ Don’t drink too much, I can’t lift you. You’re too heavy for me.” Naru pouted and Jinyoung chukles in renponse.

            “ Fine, I’m sorry.”

            Maybe he can fall into deepest slumber in his life, there’s a time he can’t help himself to get up. But he always remember, someone will always lend her hand for him, help him to standing on his feet, waiting until he can balance again, and when he’s settled he will hold her hand and they will run together towards their future.