CH 5 - Kyuhyun

KISMET

Sungmin came by their lunch table to give Kyuhyun some cookies which he personally baked the night before. Sungmin put another box and told the other guys that it was for them. Everyone erupted to cheers and shouting for the free food. Victoria was heard saying that they seemed like they were deprived for a long time. 

 
They were all chatting with each other, just waiting for their own classes to begin, when Changmin asked Sungmin if he'll come to the VAS meeting the next day. Sungmin hummed then looked at Kyuhyun expectantly, but Kyuhyun was at a lost. Was Sungmin asking for permission to go to his own club meeting? When Kyuhyun looked back blankly, Sungmin turned to Changmin.
 
"I think I can't go... Hmmm... Kyu and I might have plans tomorrow..." Kyuhyun didn't say anything but held his breath and just listened to their conversation. It seemed like he was missing something.
 
"Ooohh having a date? And on a week night? Changminnie why don't you treat me on a date nowadays!" Victoria huffed, while punching her boyfriend's arms lightly. Changmin was shocked at the turn of events and quickly hugged his girlfriend from the side, saying that he'll make up to her. 
 
Everyone was teasing the couple now in different ways now. Kyuhyun even shouted, "get a room!!!" 
 
Changmin then suggested a double date with his cousin and Sungmin. The other guys were teasing the 2 couples of how they still want to have dates when they see each other everyday anyway. Sungmin then shyly said that it is going to be his birthday the next day that was why he thougt that he and Kyuhyun can have dinner somewhere else. Victoria then said that they can arrange the double date if they were up to it next time, because tomorrow must just be between the 2 of them.
 
Everyone went back to whatever they were chatting about before this. Kyuhyun then quickly texted Changmin (who was just beside him, actually). He told him he actually forgot Sungmin's birthday. Changmin was not able to hold his snort. How can Kyuhyun forget something like that? He has a really good memory. The birthday of someone you are in a relationship with should not be something which can slip your mind. Kyuhyun was thinking that too. 
 
But the important thing now is for him to get Sungmin gift. He must do it now because his class will end up late, he won't have time to get him something if he doesn't do it now. He still has until 1:30 PM for his next class anyway. He still has 30 minutes. His cousin readily helped him with his excuse.
 
"Hey I saw your division chairman this morning, I forgot to tell you. You need to go to his office to do some paperworks for your entrance here in the university" His cousin doesn't know how to lie. Victoria can see through him already, but Kyuhyun takes it anyway, as long as Sungmin won't have any idea.
 
"Am I late now? Should you have told me immediately when you saw me?" He said while collecting his PSP and slinging his bag to his shoulder. "Minnie, is it ok if I leave you here?" 
 
"I'm fine, go ahead. My class will start any time soon anyway"
 
"Ok yeah I'll see you around"
 
"Text me"
 
"Sure". He turned to the others and made a quick bye. He walked fastly but the moment he was out of the cafeteria, he ran as fast as his long legs can. When he was near the pond and park of the school, he was not able to halt himself from running thus, colliding with a guy with jet black hair. He had to turn back to check on the guy because the latter fell on his . He was on a mission to look for a gift, and asap, but he can't just leave the other guy who might be in pain now can he? He gave his hand for the other to take, such soft hands for a guy. Such small hands for a guy! 
 
While helping him up, he asked if he was hurt somewhere and if he needs help to go to the clinic. The guy, who seemed to be looking for something, just said no to both questions. He quickly said sorry for the incident, then he turned back ready to run and beat time again.
 
He was a few steps away when he heard a shout of "Hey! Wait!" Was that directed to him? Was the guy calling him now? Did he just realized pain now? Did he just realized that he needs to go to the clinic?
 
He turned back to the guy who was now wearing a blank face. The other looked so innocent and his neutral looking face was of no help. He just looked cute and innocent, pointing to the direction of the pond. And with that face, and his stance, Kyuhyun was pretty sure that he is younger. This guy cannot be a college student. What is he doing here? That was why he was taken aback when the guy told him to do something that Cho Kyuhyun never thought he'll be asked to do.
 
 
 
(End of CH)