Run Pt 3.

Run

Run Pt 3.

 

Love? Love is just a word. The feeling is what matters, the ‘I love you’s, and the liking of one being to the other. Love is what holds people together, and sometimes breaks them apart. People give up love for other people’s happiness. But once you meet that one person you are destined to love, that’s when your world becomes so much brighter.

 

~*~

 

“You want to go to the beach?”

 

We all agreed, because why not? Bad idea. We walked over to the very crowded beach, and struggled to find a place to set up the towels and such while the rest of the group went to change into their bathing suits. We finally found a place to set up, and knowing the rest of the guys, they were probably already somewhere in the water splashing each other. I sigh, and walk over to the nearby bathroom to change. Once I finish, Y/N is already sitting on one of the towels looking out into the ocean. I walked up to her, picking her up then running towards the ocean.

 

“Namjoon, what are you doing?! Put me down!”

 

“Okay,” I say dropping her into the water.

 

She glares up at me and I laugh. She stands up and panic courses through me. Oh crap.

 

She starts chasing me as I hide behind Seokjin, “Hyung, save me.”

 

Seokjin only laughs, well, laughs and moves aside for Y/N to catch me.

 

“Payback,” She whispers in my ear before pushing me into the water as well.

 

~*~

 

“Namjoon?”

 

“Y/N? Why are you calling so late at night?”

 

“Namjoon my parents fought again. Is it alright if I come over?”

 

“Yea, just bring spare clothes and your backpack. I’m still forcing you to go to school tomorrow.”

 

I hear a laugh from over the phone, “I know, Namjoon, there is no way around that.”

 

She hangs up and I lie in my bed waiting for the girl I fell in love with to burst through the door. Only 20 minutes later does she actually burst through the door, crying.

 

I hug her, knowing that I really can’t say anything to make her forget the memories of her parents fighting, yelling, screaming, and throwing objects, not caring if she gets caught in the crossfire. I slept on the floor that night, but I really didn’t care. She needed space. Everyone needs space at one point in their lives.

 

“Namjoon?”

 

“Yes Y/N?”

 

“Remember when I asked about dying?”

 

“Yes, what about it?”

 

“Do you think we get resurrected when we die?”

 

“Maybe, there is really no proof of that. When we die, if we get resurrected we probably forget everything about our past life, and live that life like it’s our first. But, I don’t know. All I know is that we have to do our best to make the best of our life. Because that’s what makes it beautiful.”

 

~*~

 

The week progresses, and it’s finally time to leave L.A. I smile as I look through my phone at pictures from various places we went to. Legoland, Disneyland, Universal Studios, the beaches, Boardwalk, and other places that gave us so many memories. Our flight wasn’t for another couple hours, so we took one last trip to the beach.

 

Yet again, we all splashed each other. BamBam almost falling into the waves, Jimin’s failed attempt at surfing, Yoongi’s failed attempt at surfing, my failed attempt at surfing.

 

“Let me try!” Y/N says, grabbing the surfboard and running toward the water.

 

“Should I be worried?” I ask myself.

 

I see Y/N swim towards the waves before standing up on the board, riding a wave, and actually doing a flip off the top of one.

 

Of course, Y/N exceeds the expectation of anything that she puts her mind to. I forgot.

 

I smile, she has always been one to love the water. After many of my failed attempts at surfing, I finally rode a wave. A small one, barely 5 feet tall at estimate, but I still rode one. Y/N was proud, but laughing at the same time.

 

“I know it was small okay?” I yell, jokingly at her as she cracks up by how proud I looked.

 

“Yea yea, come on we need to eat,” She says, grabbing my hand. I felt a spark race up my arm, and I instantly scold myself for being cliche. But oh well, I can’t stop feeling what I feel for her.

 

~*~

 

Sunset. It’s the time when the sun connects both the earth and the sky, and when fiery colors paint the sky.

 

“Namjoon?” I hear a voice say from next to me.

 

“Yea Y/N?” I ask, my eyes still trained on the colors of the sky, and you can see the sun moving below the horizon.

 

“Remember when I asked what it was like to be in love?”

 

“Yea, I remember.”

 

“I now know what it feels like,” She smiles.

 

My heart breaks into a million pieces.

 

All I know is to love you. I’m alright, even if I can’t have you.

 

“Thank you, Namjoon. For teaching me how to love.”

 

I was taken aback, “Thank you,” she says pressing her lips to mine.

 

I stayed still for a moment, then I begin to kiss back.

 

It’s okay to fall, it’s okay to get hurt.

 

Emotions overwhelm me, but you know what? At that moment, I didn’t mind. For the first time in a long time, I finally was free to express all those feelings that I had to suppress for so long.

 

Memories crumble like dried flower petals. I’m chasing butterflies, so lost in dreams.

 

Thank you, Y/N.

 

They make me run again, my heart beats again.

 

Thank you, for everything.

 

I can’t live without you.

 

Thank you, for showing me I don’t need to run from my feelings.

 

This is a fool, crazy in love, chasing in circles.

 

Y/N, thank you for everything. Thank you for showing me that I can do something else besides run.

 

At least I can smile when I see you.

 

I break the kiss.

 

“Y/N?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Saranghae.”