The beginning of trouble

Running from Death

"Hey, aren't you done yet?" Lizzy asked dryly, kicking her heels into the ground.

          Mir ignored the girl and kept focusing on putting up the tent. He was tired arguing senselessly with Lizzy. Not that they were enemy. They were rather leaning more towards friendship kind of bond, though Mir wasn't so sure, especially with the fact that they always argue whenever they met. Lizzy didn't really respect him even if he was older. Then again, no one younger than Mir really respect Mir since Mir was kind of easy going. He treat them all as equal despite treating the older ones with more respect, yet he didn't ask his younger friends to do that for him.

          "We should help too." Jei said, crouching next to Mir and put down Soju on the ground.

          "He's the man. Let him do it alone." Lizzy said dryly, screaming when Soju growled at her and started chasing after her. "Oppa! Restrain your rude animal! He's dangerous!" Lizzy screamed and hid behind Nana. "Argh! He's going to kill me!"

          Mir rolled his eyes, whistling to get Soju's attention. Soju immediately ditched Lizzy and listen to his master calling. "Good boy. Who's the good boy?" Mir cooed, petting the white pup's head and the pup barked cutely. Mir threw Lizzy a glance. "Yea. I can totally see how dangerous he is. Look at his size! So humongous!"

          Jei laughed silently at Mir's humor, so did Nana but Lizzy didn't find it all too impressive as her ears turned red. "Hey! His teeth are sharp!"

          "Of course. So sharp. Like row of blades. He might bite your limbs off! Omo! How dangerous~" Mir taunted, innerly smiling for being able to still make Jei laugh.

          "Hey, guys..." Lizzy stopped before she could even reach Mir with an intention to smack Mir's arms when Nicole came with a smile, Taeyeon was nowhere to be seen. "PD is asking for us to get ready." She informed.

          "Alright then..." Mir hammered in the last nail, scanning for the last time that each edge hold strong, so did the bendable rods along the top of the tent. "This should be fine."

          "Thank you, Cheolyong." Jei said, looking up at Mir with a pair of hopeful eyes.

          Mir scratched the back of his nape. He didn't dare to look up to see Jei, though. "It's nothing much. Urm... Let's go."

          Nicole, Lizzy and Nana went off first and Mir was about to follow after when he realized Jei didn't make any move to follow them, just standing there beside the newly set up tent, looking slightly disappointed.

          "Noona." Mir called.

          Jei glanced shortly at Mir before she turned her head away, giving only Mir the chance to see her back. "Go on first." She said quietly.

          "Noona..." Mir called back. He knew what Jei was thinking and he did want to clearly solve this complicated... 'thing', or whatever that was between them. But, he himself didn't know what they were. What was it between them. Though he did know, whatever it is that his heart wanted, it won't happen. He tried... And he failed... Because he was just that scared...

          "Just go first."

          "They called us." Mir reminded.

          Mir watched Jei's back nervously until Jei turned to face him. Her beautiful face flushed in anger. Her eyes glaring at Mir. "What's with you, huh? Why are you pushing me aside? I-I thought you-" Jei stopped herself. "You confused me." She breathed out, a lone tear fall unto her cheeks and she turned and ran away from Mir and disappeared behind the trees and grasses.

          Mir sighed deeply, unable to get himself to chase after Jei. He wouldn't be worried much. Jei knew how to take care of herself. She won't stray too far. So, Mir let go the desire to run after the heart-broken lady.

          "I'm just as confused." He admitted to himself. Mir bent down and picked Soju up. "Let's go, Soju. She'll come back." Mir said, sparing one last glance to the direction Jei had disappeared to. It's complicated to say the least.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

"Where're the others?" The main director asked once the idols had gathered up.

          Mir looked around and frowned as he didn't see Seungho anywhere, so he went up to GO, asking his second hyung if he had seen Seungho around. Apparently, GO didn't even realized Seungho wasn't here.

          "I thought you were with him?" Mir tilted his head.

          "I stay with Taeyeon for a while." GO admitted with sheepish grin.

          Mir hummed in response.

          "What?"

          "Nothing... I'm just wondering what exactly between you and Taeyeon Noona." A smirk appeared on Mir's lips.

          GO exhaled. "Platonic, I guess."

          "Really?" Just as Mir said that, Soju barked. "See? Even Soju is suspicious."

          "Don't use the poor pup." GO grumbled. "Taeyeon is my bestfriend. I promise I love my little baby more and I was just helping her." GO cooed, pinching on Mir's cheek.

          "I'm not a baby. What's wrong with her?" Mir asked, now looked seriously worried. Of course Mir would. Everyone knew Mir liked Taeyeon. But as a fanboy to the idol. Mir had Jei after all.

          "Baekhyun..."

          Just one name and Mir made an understanding sound. "Oh." Mir turned towards Soju when the white pup barked again, this time even growling in Mir's hold. "What's wrong boy?" Mir asked, sensing how his dog seemed to be a bit disturbed.

          "What's wrong with it?" GO tried to pat Soju's head when the dog barked again, growling even louder. "Woah~ Easy... I won't touch you. I have my own puppy too." GO said, moving his hand towards Mir's head instead. "My cute little puppy." He patted Mir's brown hair.

          Mir squinted his eyes. "Ha. Ha. Ha. So funny." Mir shook off GO's hand from his long brown hair.

          "Cheolyongie." Nicole came to the two MBLAQ members. "Have you seen Taeyeon unni? I left her just a moment to call you here." Nicole's eyes darted everywhere, searching for none other than the girl in question.  "She's missing."

          "Baekhyun is not here too- Ugh, damn it!" GO gasped in realization. "Cheolyong! I have to go! Cover for me." GO clapped on Mir's shoulder, leaving even before Mir could say anything.

          "He didn't even know where Taeyeon noona had gone to." Mir complained.

          "Well, he could take a look around the area. She won't go too far." Nicole said.

          "I guess- Ouch! Hey, Soju!" Soju jumped out of Mir's hold after struggling, accidentally scratching Mir's hand with its claws. It wasn't too bad. Just scratches. Mir was just surprised and didn't think Soju would struggle in his hold. The little pup never had before. Well, except when it was hungry but Mir had just fed it not too long before. "Soju!" Mir chased after the running puppy only to bump into Sanghyun and both fall hard on the ground unceremoniously. "I'm sorry, hyung." Mir quickly stood up, pulling Sanghyun up with him, dusting off the older before going off to run after his runaway dog. He managed to shout for Nicole to cover after him.

          "Wait, Cheolyong!" Sanghyun, of course got ignored.

          Mir kept running after Soju. Even though Soju was just a small dog, its speed in running was undebateable. And Mir was worried. They were in the wild and Soju was a house dog. He couldn't lose Soju in place like this, Soju won't survive. And he realized they were going deeper into the forest, the place they had been reminded by the forest rangers not to enter. He saw the white steel gate but most of them had collapsed already and if only he looked closer he could see how damaged the gate was. Such force and strength needed to inflict such damage on the intact security item.

          "Aish! Soju! Come back here!" Mir maxed up his speed only to stop abruptly just in time. There was a cliff right in front of him. If only he was a step too late, then he would had fall into the deep sharp steep. "Woah!" Mir exhaled in relief as he almost got himself into trouble. "Soju?" Mir called and frown when he heard distant barking. Mir tilted his head. "Don't tell me... SOJU! YOU'RE DOWN THERE?" Another bark. "Damn it!" Mir hissed to himself. "I'm coming Soju. Stay where you are. Appa is on the way."

          Mir carefully climbed down the deep slope, using the trees and stones and a few vines to help him gaining his wavering stability however he was proven not be that much of a great hiker as he slipped when the stone he put his feet as anchor fall down just before him.

          "Oh man..."

          He lost his footing, his body almost felt like flying as he fall down. It didn't stop there. It was quite a deep steep, almost like a cliff just right in front of him and his body rolled down the cliff in an almost unstoppable speed. It was quite deep and he couldn't stop the falling until he felt something hard hit his chest, knocking out breath out of his lungs in harsh manner. He stopped rolling and even recoiled back at the strong impact, sending him lying flat on his back.

          It hurt. It did hurt. Like hell. But his whole body had been hurting from the start he rolled down with several sharp branches, crawling thorns and stones scratching and bumping and bruising his skin all over his body. It's painful and all he could do was silently. There were only seconds to register that his rolling was stopped by a large oak tree as the pain faded into numbness and the light faded into black.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

G-dragon looked around the people who had gathered around here. He felt uneasy when Taeyeon wasn't in his line of sight. He had seen Taeyeon sitting with Nicole, chatting so happily, so he didn't want to intrude, that was why he decided to talk to GO. After all, they were mutual friend. It was good to try to get closer. And GO seemed to be a good man. Just as Taeyeon always told him.

          Now that the idols were called to gather, G-dragon tried to search for Taeyeon only to see Nicole was alone. He went up to Nicole, asking her about Taeyeon but even the girl seemed to be clueless with Taeyeon's whereabout.

          His heart skipped a bit and he became even more restless. Now his eyes moved wildly in search of Baekhyun. No! He wasn't here as well! G-dragon was about explode in fume at the thought that Taeyeon was with Baekhyun at this moment when a scream of a woman tore the forest apart.

          That was Taeyeon. There was no way G-dragon would have mistaken. He whirled around, trying to identify the direction where the voice came from. Baekhyun wouldn't have hurt Taeyeon, would he?

          It seemed that, even the other crews for the shooting were getting panic at the sound of the scream. The two forest rangers that had tagged along with them had ordered everyone to stay calm. However, the scream just now and the fact there was more than half of the idols here had gone missing, was instilling fear and panic among the leftover idols and crews who were still around the camping site.

          G-dragon tried to listen if any other sound would come to guide him to one certain direction but the scream died off just like that. Biting his own lips in an attempt to not just carelessly ran around, searching and shouting for Taeyeon's name, he went up to the one of the rangers, informing that the scream definitely belong to Taeyeon.

          The ranger had nodded. "Be patient. We'll try to look for her."

          "I want to come as well." G-dragon spoke sternly.

          "I'm sorry sir, but it's dangerous out there. If your friends have crossed from this protected area into the deep forest, then..." The ranger shook his head, creases of worries on his face. There was gate surrounding this protected area, separating the deeper part of the jungle from here. But... If somehow the gate had some opening... "We will get help, for the time being, my co-worker and I will try to search around the area." The ranger turned his gaze towards the others. "All of you, stay here for the time being. My friend had called for help. Once they are here, get ready to leave the forest." He ordered and took a firm hold on his baton, so did the other ranger who had just finished reporting to the ranger office through a small black communicating device.

          G-dragon watched as the two rangers left. As if he would stay here when Taeyeon was in trouble out there. No way!

 

@@@@@@@@@@@

 

"Did you hear that?" Seungho halted in his steps, stopping the others from venturing further into the forest.

          The other four tried to listen but there were only silence except sound of nature in this forest.

          "What sound? I didn't hear anything." Taemin shrugged.

          "A scream." Seungho said.

          The other four shared a look. "Maybe you misheard." Dongwoon tried, his face slightly in frown.

          "No, I'm sure. A girl just screamed." Seungho mused. "Let's get back to the camp site." He ordered and turned around but didn't move further. "Err... Which direction we came from just now?" He asked slowly.

          Dongwoon and Leo turned their gaze towards Taemin and Sanghyuk who had been leading the way since the start but the look on the two younger's face told them the answer.

          "You have no idea where we are right now, aren't you." Leo said ironically and facepalmed when both Sanghyuk and Taemin timidly nodded. "Now what?"

          "There's no line here." Sanghyuk chipped in, still holding on his phone.

          "Thanks for that vital information, mister." Dongwoon widened his eyes threateningly at Sanghyuk who pouted sulkily just right after.

          Seungho sighed. "Let's just try this direction." Seungho suggested.

          "It all look the same. Trees and more trees!" Dongwoon complaint. "I say we just stay here until the others come to look for us."

          "If they realize we're gone." Taemin chirped.

          "Of course they're going to realize it. We're supposed to start the recording just about now." Dongwoon rebutted.

          "We should move before nightfall. I don't want to keep waiting until dark." Seungho said sharply.

          Dongwoon huffed and sat himself cross-leg on the ground. "Nope! I'm staying here."

          Seungho narrowed his eyes at Dongwoon. "Fine! You stay here. I'm leaving!" With that, Seungho marched away, pushing branches that get in his way. Leo was fast to trot after his favorite hyung.

          Watching Leo left with Seungho, of course Sanghyuk would chose to follow which cause Taemin who had been quite close with Sanghyuk for today tailing behind Sanghyuk, leaving Dongwoon alone.

          Dongwoon looked around him and felt his stomach churned at the silence and he flinched at every little sound from some insects and wild animals around him. ! He didn't want to be left alone in the middle of the jungle! "Ugh! W-wait for me!"

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Joon bit his finger. None of the MBLAQ members were here. Even Sanghyun had gone missing at some point. His mind kept telling him to just go ahead and search for those people who were and still important to him, but the ranger had told them to stay put and that going off into the forest was dangerous.

          Holding his head, he entertained the two sides of his inner self kept on arguing whether to just go off or stay and wait. But that was until he saw G-dragon trying to sneak out of the clearing, heading towards the forest. Standing up from his seat on the large rock located near his shared tent, he went up to G-dragon, grabbing the man by his shoulder.

          G-dragon jolted in surprise but immediately gained back his composure when he realized it was just Lee Joon. He almost thought he was caught by his manager who had decided to stick by his side for the whole filming schedule.

          "Where are you going?"

          G-dragon glanced at his manager. When he was sure the man wasn't looking his way, he dragged Joon by wrist and hid behind the numerous lush trees. "I'm going to search for them." He said as vaguely as he could. Well, it was embarrassing to admit outflat that he was sneaking out to search for Taeyeon alone.

          Joon looked down in thought. He wasn't really thinking actually since he had already decided subconsciously. Like he would just stayed when his brothers went missing. "I want to come with you-"

          "Joon oppa!"

          G-dragon clicked his tongue when Lizzy came closer to them. How the hell that the girl even noticed them leaving?

          "Where're you going? We need to stay put until help is here." Lizzy told, already gripping firmly on Joon's cardigan. "We should listen to the ranger. It's dangerous."

          "Go back Lizzy." Joon said sternly. His face quite tense especially when G-dragon simply ignored Lizzy's presence and went ahead, deeper into the forest. He shook Lizzy's hold off from him and went to trace after G-dragon. He thought Lizzy would give up and went back to the group of those people at the gathering. He was wrong. So, the three of them ventured deeper into the forest with different intentions.

 

I guess I'm really on the roll for this fic. Had been forever since I update two times in a day (Please hiatus don't come to me just right after I said this. ^^")