Challenges

First Frost: An Ongoing Writing Challenge||Please Check Announcement!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FIRST FROST FIRST FROST HOME ♦ CHALLENGES ♦ PROMPTS ♦ FAQS ♦ REWARDS ♦ ENTRIES HOME ♦ CHALLENGES ♦ PROMPTS ♦ FAQS ♦ REWARDS ♦ ENTRIES 4 current challenges   Challenges available: star, carved, marquise, mixed

You may enter for more than one challenge at once, but I advise against doing too many.  Do pay attention to start dates/deadlines: some challenges have them; others don't.  They all operate via different criteria.  All dates are in UK format (DDMMYY).  I will update with new challenges every so often.  Some might be genre-based, writing-skill-based, deadline-based, length-based and so on.  If there are any you'd like to see, PM me with suggestions!

The rules for this contest are pretty simple: choose a challenge from the list on the right, choose a prompt by clicking here, fill out an entry form to submit in the comments (just copy and paste it) and then stick to the challenge instructions.  Please also tag your entry with "firstfrost".  There are only a few things that apply across the board:
1) Subscribe (upvotes are optional but appreciated)
2) Make sure to link back and put the banner in your foreword.
3) No idol x idol
4) No gratuitous /PWP/stories revolving around (it's preferable that any there is is minimal).  In general, keep gore and to a minimum if they're necessary.

The following are preferences:
1) EXO fics
2) No horror
3) No sappy/long/cringeworthy declarations of love.  Show, don't tell.
4) Chen x OC fics (no, seriously, especially if they're action/wolf/fantasy).  Or badass Lay fics.

The following is good etiquette:
1) Supporting other contestants (you never know, they might be writing a fic you really enjoy!)
2) Constructive criticism, whether as a reader or fellow writer
3) No plagiarism
4) No bashing/bullying
5) No breaking AFF rules

Information on rewards can be found here.

You may submit your entry to contests other than First Frost provided those contest rules allow for it. Cabochon Start Date: 1/09/16
End Date: 31/12/16
Aim: Write a one-shot or a short story before the year is up.

About:  The cabochon – an elegant, simple cut that doesn't need the time and dedication of the more complicated cuts, but a good hand and eye to set well nevertheless.  It's a mistake to assume writing a one-shot or short story is simple – it's not just one chapter's worth – it's a story in a nutshell.  Still, it should be possible to get it done before the New Year, even with school, so no deadline extensions on this one.

Please be sure to have submitted your entry by 25/12/2016

Pick a prompt Star Start Date: —
End Date: 30/6/17 (flexible)
Aim: Write a chaptered fic (or short story) involving one of the less-written-about members of EXO: Chen, Suho and Lay.  Should be a minimum of 20,000 words.  No one-shots.

About: The star cut brin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter