Present (Pt II/III)

Glances

[Mingyu POV]

Recently Wonwoo has been acting a little differently than usual. And I'm the only one who notices it.

"Mingyu, what are you doing after school?" Seungcheol asks me.

Before answering him, I momentarily see Wonwoo looking at the two of us.

"Um, nothing really, hyung. Why? What's up?"

Wonwoo looks away.

Seungcheol notices me noticing Wonwoo and continues, "It's been so long since we've hung out together, huh? Let's stop by your house after school and play some games or something. You have any new games on your Playstation 4?" He turns his attention to Wonwoo, and places a hand on his shoulder. "Of course, you'll be coming too, right?"

He laughs and smiles at him.

"Of course, hyung."

"Well that's settled then!" Seungcheol announces. He spots Vernon from a distance and excuses himself from our side.

"You sure it's okay?"

I turn my eyes to Wonwoo, who looks a bit concerned about something.

"Totally. Why? Do you have plans? You could've just said no to hyung, you know?"

Wonwoo shakes his head. "No, um, it's nothing. I'll see you after class then."

He stands up from where he sits and my eyes trail him walking out of the door.

I look outside of the classroom window and let my thoughts take over.

Ahh... Wonwoo.

For some time now, I've noticed it. The look on his face.

The 'different' thing I see recently. It's been a familiar sight for me recently. It's the same look on the boys' in this school. The kind of face they make when they look at Jeonghan, for example. And for some reason, Wonwoo's eyes are locked on me.

I shift a little to change my sitting position, but I continue to look outside.

Truthfully, I don't mind his gazes.

I just want to know when.

When did he start looking at me like that? And knowing him, will he ever let me in on what he's thinking?

It's not like I'll reject him. After all, I look at him the same way.

He doesn't notice it though.

And what with graduation coming soon... will he really tell me those words that even I want to say to him? We aren't even going to the same colleges... and it makes me wonder if we'll still be keeping in touch with each other in a year or so.

Who will move first, me or him?