Past (Part I/III)

Glances

[Mingyu POV]

We've been together for most of our teenage lives, but I felt like I've known him much longer than that.

Jeon Wonwoo.

He's a regular guy with a bright but quiet demeanor. I say that becuase he's not easily excitable nor friendly at first glance. In fact, most would say that he has a cold look on his face. Admittedly, even I felt like his eyes could shoot daggers and kill.

But he isn't like that. Not at all.

Even if people thought of him as cold, their thoughts would be easily erased by his smile that would come right after looking at him. It's really attractive; his smile, that is. It would dominate his icy look and make him the cutest thing you'd ever seen. Kinda like a puppy. And it would lighten you up too.

Well, at least that's how I saw it.

He was also thin for his height.

I felt like he would easily break if he wasn't handled properly. I even thought that fattening him up would do him good but, even after cooking his lunches for the past 3 years, it would seem his metabolism would easily kick in after he ate something. It kind of bothered me at first, but I guess that was just how his body worked.

Thinking back now, I wonder when his presence became something special to me.

We started off as classmates in middle school and all the way through high school but, I never really got to ask myself when I started looking for him in the mornings, during lunch, or in the crowds of people. He wasn't also particularly easy to spot, what with his normal jet black hair and regular build. His real defining features weren't on his structure but on his face, after all.

For him, it probably couldn't be helped—our friendship. After all, we've been together for six years now. And by some sort of fate, we wounded up as classmates every year since middle school. Even now, in our third year of senior high, we are still together. And if you don't call that destiny, I don't know what is.

Being in an all boy's school doesn't really help me either.

There are... what you call people who 'swing' that way. I don't count myself as one of them.

I think even Jeonghan's got it bad. Just because he looks a bit more feminine than others doesn't mean he's really into that sort of thing... is he?

I'm never one to judge.

I just admittedly think he looks prettier than most people. Plus, he's smart and really elegant-looking. Sort of like a prince in mangas.

If Wonwoo were a prince... huh. I think he'd be the shy kind of prince. He'd be the type to do secret rendezvous with a princess, and not flaunt their relationship and stuff. The usual introverted type. But if push comes to shove, he'd protect her. Definitely. Claim her as his own.

"Mingyu."

Out of nowhere, you link your arms on me and rest your head on my shoulder. With my other arm rested on the window sill, I hide my embarrassment with my hand.

"Let's go eat lunch."

Your hands travel from my arm down to my hand. You pull me and I playfully pull you back in a hug.

We continue like this until reach the cafeteria.

 

 

TBC | Comments are appreciated