EXTRA - Alive For You

Broken by him - Mended by destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Bummie..” his lips formed those words but his voice was strangely rough, throat hurting from even trying to say the name aloud.

 

Jonghyun didn't remember what happened after confessing to Kibum, he just remembered feeling too light, feeling nothing but euphoria from the other boy's words. But I love you. The boy's lips curled into soft smile – or better said, he tried to smile but couldn't do it properly, having something restricting his lips.

 

BEEP … BEEP … BEEP …

 

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows when unpleasant sound got to his sensitive ears and he tried to shake his head as if to push away the sound but it didn't help at all, so he groaned weakly and slowly fluttered his eyes open. Sharp bright light blinded him and he whimpered, closing his eyes again. What.. heaven? His heart skipped a beat and he slowly opened his eyes again so he could look around. Was heaven really like people described it in their books? Would he be among flowers and clouds and see anything that made him happy? Looking around curiously, he frowned upon seeing blue curtains and white walls. This wasn't heaven – but what it was? Groaning again, he closed his eyes and clenched his fists, which was hard because there was something around his forefingers. Jonghyun heard some weird noises reminding doors and rustling of sheets but he didn't pay attention to it. Was he really needed in this place? Needed that much that he had to leave the only person who needed him?

 

“Bummie..” the name escaped his lips over the thought of the boy.

 

“Oh my god! OH my! Doctor Park! Doctor Park, come here! Quickly! The boy!” some high pitched voice shouted, startling Jonghyun who jolted a bit at the sudden sound.

 

“What? What's wrong?” another voice was heard and Jonghyun could feel a headache forming so he slowly opened his eyes to glare at people who were there.

 

“He woke up! Oh god, that boy woke up!” the same female voice shouted and Jonghyun's eyes finally could focus on people in the room who were now looking at him with surprised expressions.

 

…........

 

….....

 

…..

 

..

 

WAIT! They are looking at me! They see me! He shouted internally and flinched when suddenly, large hand appeared in front of his eyes, touching it before the light suddenly hit them and Jonghyun groaned and tried to look away from it.

 

“Oh boy, you.. Can you hear me? Hey, mister, can you hear me?” the man asked and Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Of course I do.. I can see you, too, please, turn off the light.” Jonghyun's voice, muffled by mask was heard.

 

The doctor laughed softly and apologized, touching the boy on his wrist before checking his temperature and other things.

 

“W-what happened?” Jonghyun croaked out, looking at the man.

 

“Oh, yes. You were in a car accident.”

 

“I know that. But I died.” he said, confused about whole situation he was in.

 

The man looked at him before chuckling and shaking his head, running some easy tests while talking. “No, you didn't, but you were close to that. You were in coma for two years now, young man. We thought we have lost you but.. it seems that miracle has happened.” the doctor said softly and Jonghyun's heart skipped few beats again.

 

He wasn't dead. He was still alive. “Oh god, I'm alive!” he said suddenly, trying to smile while tears spilled from his eyes.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter