That One Visitor (Final)

Broken by him - Mended by destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

[ Warning! Some bad language appears in there ]

 

 

 

Kibum was ordinary, outgoing boy who was enjoying his life by living alone, working as a journalist for smaller company and trying new things. He wasn't afraid of accepting new challenges and he wasn't shy when it came to flirting and relationships – yes, the boy liked getting attention and being loved. He has had his share of girlfriends and boyfriends but it didn't mean he was a player, no. On the opposite – it was always him who ended up hurt after his lovers decided they needed something more, or in some cases, they needed someone more serious and less outgoing. It was always sad for Kibum and each time, he blamed himself but it never made him so broken that he would give up, because the boy was very strong, he always got back on his feet by either distracting himself with cooking, dancing and eating or helping out in animal shelters since it always managed to make him feel better.

The boy was being happy now, having a boyfriend for more than a year who was perfect – always complimenting and paying attention to Kibum – and being chosen as the best employee of the year. Everything was almost too perfect but Kibum didn't think about it, why should he? He was just enjoying what he had. And that was a mistake, as he found out later.

 

It was successful day at work and he was walking home after he got a half of day off, lips stretched into smile as the sun was kissing his pale skin. Thinking about cooking some delicious meal, he stopped in a groceries before he went home. Opening the door, he entered his apartment, knowing his boyfriend was there somewhere, however, he didn't expect to hear strange sounds from their bedroom. The closer he walked, the clearer those sounds were and Kibum realized that those were moans. He gulped and was praying that his boyfriend was just watching some stuff but he knew it probably wasn't true because it sounded too real. Taking a deep breath, the boy opened the door just to gasp loudly at sight in front of him – his boyfriend on top of some girl, pounding into her and grunting. When the man spotted Kibum he cursed and jolted away from the girl who seemed to be embarrassed and quickly pulled a blanket to cover her body. Kibum, on the other hand, didn't know how to breath. His heart was rapidly breaking and his eyes watered, lips parting so he could take small gasps for air.

 

“A-ah, this is embarrassing. Is this.. uh, your brother you were talking about?” the girl said in annoyingly high pitched voice but that's not what angered feline like boy.

 

“Brother?” Kibum breathed out, clenching his fists while first tears started falling out of his eyes.

 

“Y-yes, that's him. Look, Yerim, go home and I'll call you later.” The man said awkwardly and the girl complied, dressing up quickly and leaving the apartment, letting the man deal with Kibum. “I- I really don't know what to say, Kibum.” the man said, standing in front of his boyfriend.

 

“You.. ing jerk!” Kibum screamed and threw a punch at the latter's face, catching him off the guard.

 

He groaned and covered his nose, wanting to say something but Kibum tried to keep hitting him. However, the man was stronger and faster, preventing Kibum from hitting him and pushing him on the bed. “Stop! I will not hesitate to return the punch, damn it! I have wanted to do it for a while now so don't tempt me!” the man screamed, making Kibum shiver since he has never seen this side of him.

 

The boy was broken and couldn't stop the tears anymore, his breath turning into sobs because the only time in his life, he thought that he could settle down with someone and now everything was shattered. And he didn't understand why – and so he voiced it. “H-how.. how long? I thought you loved me! Why did you do this to me, Taeil?” he whimpered, looking at the said man.

 

Snorting, Taeil rubbed his face and started dressing up. “You were too easy, Kibum, naïve. I loved your body and the fact that you did everything for me. I will definitely miss your body but that's all. That's all it was to me. I've been seeing people while 'dating' you and.. I'm not sorry. You are too damn hyperactive and excited about every little thing.”

 

Kibum's heart broke completely and he gasped for air, biting his lip pathetically. So body, huh.. I'm too easy and naïve, of course I am. He thought bitterly, closing his eyes before looking at his now ex-boyfriend. “Get out. Get. Out. GET THE HELL OUT!!!!” he screamed and the man complied without second thought, leaving Kibum alone and crying his heart out.

 

I was never more than just a body for pleasure, he sobbed, sinking down from the bed which he will throw out later because he had no idea how many people has Taeil screwed there. I was always just a naïve guy, making people's wishes come true, he cried out, curling into a ball while his fists were pressed against his eyes as if it could make all the pain disappear. But it didn't, it just made him think about whole that year he spent with that man, whole year he's been lied to, felt loved though it never was true. What is love then? Was his last thought after straight four hours of crying before he finally fell asleep.

 

 

When the boy woke up next day, he started crying while he called a company to get the bed and throw it out. He didn't care he didn't have a bed, he could sleep on the couch but he couldn't stand a sight of that piece of furniture. He ignored the stares from men who came fetch the bed and later on, he ignored even his empty stomach begging for food. He just didn't have a will to live normal life anymore, he was too broken. He didn't eat, drinking only when he was feeling too thirsty and he barely slept, crying at random times and doing absolutely nothing – only sitting or lying on his couch.

Two weeks passed and Kibum got sick from lack of food and water, but he didn't care much, only pitying himself more. He knew he was being pathetic but this was blow he wasn't ready for. He got bunch of calls from his friends and his boss but he ignored his boss and texted his friends to leave him alone – he didn't want to see or hear anyone.

Another month passed and Kibum got too sick. He was throwing up and couldn't properly stand on his feet, he was too weak and he didn't like it so he called an ambulance who came as soon as they could. They wanted to take Kibum with them but the boy resisted and told them to just give him medicine and that he could survive like that. The doctors didn't agree and Kibum didn't get a chance to resist more because he fainted.

Next time he woke up, he noticed that the room was too bright and too white. It took him more than ten minutes to understand that he was in a hospital which didn't make him happy at all. They kept him there for few days and when they discarged him, he was almost fully recovered. The doctor scolded him and ordered him to eat and drink properly, and the boy could only nod and leave just to go to his empty apartment. He didn't let himself to become sick again but he still refused to go out or eat in normal times. He was just like a body without soul, person without heart.

One week later, he found a voicemail from his boss, saying he has lost his job and he didn't mind it, knowing that he wouldn't be able to work again for a while. He decided to clean his apartment and throw out all the things that belonged to that man he refused to think of – though it was pure attempt because he was still the only thing Kibum could think about.

Cleaning his apartment turned out to be bad idea because in the middle of cleaning, boy became crying mess since most of those things reminded him Taeil.

 

It was the same evening when he was sitting on a couch and crying silently that he felt something strange happen in the apartment and he looked up from the couch just to see someone he has never met in his life. Kibum widened his eyes and kept staring at the man, not being able to scream or even blink. The man was handsome – his hair suited tanned color of his skin and his jaw was so sharp while his lips were almost sinful, plush and now parted in surprise, his eyes were beautiful, reminding Kibum of a puppy or cute dinosaur and though his body looked short it also looked very muscular and his arms strong – exactly the type of guy Kibum would notice in the street. However, there was something wrong. Goosebumps appeared on Kibum's skin and he shivered when his eyes finally took in the last thing he over-looked. The man didn't look like he was made of normal flesh because he was a bit transparent.

Gasping, Kibum jumped up from the couch, seemingly startling the man, too. G-ghost??!!!

 

“What the hell!” he shouted but it came out only as raspy sound because the boy was mute for too long.

 

“You.. you can see me??” the boy's soft and soothing voice was heard and Kibum would definitely like it if he wasn't frightened.

 

“Of course I can! ! What are you doing her- NO, Who the hell are you??!!” Kibum shouted again and grabbed a book that was next to him, immediately throwing it at the boy.

 

The said ghost boy looked surprised as the object was flying toward him and he made a gesture of putting his hands in front of him as if to protect himself from pain, however, the book just flew right through him. Kibum's face turned pale and his breath hitched, eyes looking up into beautiful startled ones before everything went black.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

Jonghyun was aware of everything that happened to him. He remembered his name, age, his family, life, everything – even the way he became a ghost. Yes, that's right, he was a ghost after one car accident. He was heading home from work when a drunk driver drove right into his car. He felt so much pain and smelled blood before darkness ate all his vision, and then, he woke up in unfamiliar apartment. At first, he thought that he was dreaming about the accident or that maybe his parents took him home but when he stood up and looked around the apartment, he was confused because he has never been in that place. Walking around, he passed by the mirror and that's when he realized he couldn't see himself there which freaked him out and if he was alive he would have fainted. But he was dead. This thought crashed down on the boy and he felt like crying because he couldn't do anything he wanted to, he had no time to do it now.

After some time of pitying himself, he tried to leave the apartment but he couldn't. People say that ghosts can fly or walk through walls because they are not alive anymore – but Jonghyun found out that he couldn't pass through wall. He could only walk through opened door and yet, he was unable to leave apartment through the open window. He didn't know why but he gave up on trying and instead spent his time looking at things properly. He saw few photos of very beautiful and pretty boy, smiling brightly and showing off his dimple which made Jonghyun smile and bit his lip. The boy in that picture was adorable and Jonghyun found himself craving to meet him. Which later came true because sometime about evening, the door opened, revealing the exact boy from photos on his walls. He was even more beautiful up close and Jonghyun felt happiness build inside of him. The boy was smiling and blushing lightly, making Jonghyun wonder what could have happened to make his so happy. He watched the boy, how he cooked while swaying his hips, how he sang along some song and how he ate before he took a shower and went to sleep. Jonghyun felt pang of sadness that he couldn't talk to the boy though he didn't know why he felt like that, he didn't know the boy at all. But in the end, Jonghyun felt content with watching him.

Few days passed – very long boring days since the boy was working or out somewhere – and Jonghyun couldn't stop smiling because each time the boy would come home, he would be smiling and blushing, sometimes evening sighing happily. The ghost boy was very curious about why Kibum (he found out his name later) looked so happy, and the next day he got his answer when Kibum entered his apartment with another man, smiling and holding hands. Jonghyun didn't like the vibe the other guy gave out, there was something bad about him but he still made Kibum happy so it was okay. What he didn't expect though, was to see those two boys starting making-out passionately until the place was filled with pleasured moans and groans. Jonghyun was blushing furiously and tried to get as far from the bedroom as he could, doing his best to tune out all those lewd sounds, feeling himself react to Kibum's moans. It was the first night he endured the act, but it wasn't the last. More nights and days like that came and Jonghyun started hating the place he was trapped in just because he found himself wishing he could be the one with beautiful cat-like boy. The ghost boy was easily attached to people even when he was alive, you see. He was soft guy who liked pleasing people and he always chose his lovers based on their hearts, not appearances and now living 'with' Kibum, he saw how amazing the guy was.

Soon, Kibum's boyfriend – Taeil – started practically living in that apartment, being there every second or third day, making Kibum stay at home most of the time which was nice. But Kibum still had work and Taeil stayed in his place anyway. It was one day when Kibum was working that Taeil brought there some guy. Jonghyun was surprised, thinking that it was his friend or maybe family, but what happened next conviced him it was no such a thing. Kibum's boyfriend cheated on him. Jonghyun got angry and screamed at the boy but as expected, no one heard him. It was terrible and the ghost boy's heart clenched painfully at the thought of Kibum who had no idea what was happening since once the boy came home, that bastard acted all lovey-dovey with him.

It was the first but definitely not the last time it happened. Taeil started bringing different people into the apartment and had his fun with them which made Jonghyun disgusted.

A lie has short legs though, so it was bound to happen when one day Kibum came home sooner to find his lover cheating on him. Seeing broken Kibum was the worst thing in the world and Jonghyun could swear he has never felt so hurt himself. All he wanted was for the boy to be happy. But it just got worse because Kibum stopped eating, drinking and caring altogether. Jonghyun tried to talk some sense into him but the boy didn't hear him which made Jonghyun scream and growl in frustration. Watching the boy becoming even more sick was painful and it left the ghost boy worried. One day, an ambulance came and took the boy with them after he fainted. Jonghyun tried his best to follow them but even through the opened door, he couldn't leave Kibum's place. He was so worried about the boy, so restless until the door opened and revealed much better looking boy. The brightness in his eyes was still lacking and his lips weren't curled into smile he liked but he was alright and that was all that mattered for Jonghyun. Kibum got better, not forgetting to eat and drink but he was still in bad condition which just got worse when he decided to clean up his place and throw away that bastard's things. The boy was crying for a long time again and Jonghyun wished he could help him. He was willing to exchange anything for his happiness. He would be willing to pass on becoming alive again (if that was possible) just to see the boy happy again. It surprised him, how deeply he cared for the boy but he didn't regret it because the boy was worth everything, he deserved to be loved.

That exact evening, something happened. The boy was silently crying on his couch and Jonghyun was helplessly standing there like always, trying to send any kind of soothing vibes toward the boy who, as always, didn't feel anything. But then, the boy looked up and Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat. He could swear that the boy was looking AT him, not through him like any other time. But that's ridiculous, isn't it? I'm a ghost. He chuckled internally but grew nervous because it really seemed like the boy was checking him out. Kibum's gasp startled Jonghyun and then, when his feline eyes met Jonghyun's again and the boy jumped up, he knew that something wasn't right. The boy said something and Jonghyun just dumbly asked him if he could see him which made the boy shout few things and throw a book at him. Jonghyun instinctively raised his hands to protect himself but the book just flew right through him, bringing very unpleasant feeling to him but he didn't have a time to react because he heard Kibum's breath hitch and he fell down, fainting.

 

“! Kibum!” Jonghyun shouted and ran to Kibum, kneeling next to him but he couldn't touch or shake him, making the ghost boy growl in frustration again.

 

He was worried but could do nothing else, just sit there and wait for the boy to wake up. When the boy didn't wake up throughout the night, Jonghyun was worried that he was dead but the boy's body kept moving lightly with each breath he took so the ghost boy calmed down, softly singing a song which was Kibum's favorite as he found out few weeks ago, and he wished he could pick the boy up and place him on the couch, cover him with blanket so he wouldn't get sick in his fragile state. When the sun started raising on the sky, Jonghyun slowly stood up and decided to move further from the boy just so he wouldn't get a heartattack if he woke up and saw him. But what if he won't see me? The boy was troubled and became nervous, standing next to the door, leaning against the frame – it was very convenient that he couldn't sink into the wall.

The watch showed 9am when Kibum's body moved and he whimpered, probably from lying in that uncomfortable position whole night. As if the sudden realization hit the boy, he froze but still didn't open his eyes, his lips barely visibly moving. He was talking to himself, debating and Jonghyun has never felt more nervous – not even on his first day in college, or his first job interview – it was almost ridiculous how he cared about the boy's opinion. It took Kibum exactly ten minutes to speak, his voice shaking.

 

“You.. You are still here, aren't you?”

 

Jonghyun his lips and sank down on the floor, humming. “Yeah.. I am.” he said lowly, voice similar to a trainer who is trying to calm down wild beast.

 

Kibum sighed and rubbed his face with trembling hands. “Have I gone nuts? Am I crazy?”

 

Hearing this, the ghost boy let out weak chuckle. “I'm not sure if I'm the right person to answer since, you know, I'm dead. So I'm kind of freak, too, aren't I?”

 

Jonghyun saw Kibum's lips twitch as he tried to hide his smile, but it was too late, Jonghyun saw it and was more than happy because he hasn't seen Kibum smiling in ages.

 

“I guess?” the boy said and slowly opened his cat-like eyes, landing them on Jonghyun who looked very relaxed, his back leaned against the wall. “Are you sure you're ghost? You're not sinking to the wall.. OR the floor.” the boy pointed out seriously, sitting up carefully as if he wasn't sure if Jonghyun wanted to hurt him.

 

Letting out small laugh, Jonghyun shook his head. “I know, I was disappointed, too. When I was alive, one thing I was looking forward to was walking through walls and being invisible so I could go and spy on people.” Jonghyun joked, lips stretching into grin and he found it weird how comfortable the air between them felt.

 

Kibum laughed despite trying to hold it in and when he realized it, he looked a bit surprised himself. Collecting his thoughts, he spoke again, this time biting his lip, looking insecure all of sudden. “How.. how long have you been here?”

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat and rubbed his nape. “A while.” he said but getting 'elaborate, please' stare from the boy, he sighed. “Couple of months? Maybe whole year? I.. don't really look at the time now, you know.”

 

Kibum gasped and jumped on his feet, startling the ghost who shot to his feet, too, looking around for any danger which was totally absrud but old habits die hard. “You can't be serious! You really are a freak, damn it! Have you watched me all the time? OH GOD, you have seen me !!” he almost shrieked and searched for something he could throw at the ghost.

 

Jonghyun paled but blushed furiously right a way, lifting his hands in front of himself in defense. “WHAT!! NO!! , Kibum, I have given you your privacy! And don't throw that at me, you will just freak out and faint again!” Jonghyun said with wild expression on his face as the boy lifted up a vase.

 

Probably catching up on meaning behind Jonghyun's words, Kibum let out small 'oh' and put down the vase before his eyes widened in realization. “Dear god, how do you know my name!”

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and laughed softly. “I have been here for almost year, of course I do know your name.”

 

That seemed to have calmed Kibum down before he grunted and rubbed his face, soon throwing himself on a couch. “I'm crazy..” he muttered before he looked at Jonghyun again. “Why are you here, ghost boy?”

 

Jonghyun wrinkled his nose and he could see small glint in Kibum's eyes before it was gone. “Thanks for reminding me that I died at such a young age, geez. I'm Jonghyun, okay?” he said and once the boy nodded but demanded his answer, he shrugged almost apologetically. “I have no idea. I tried to leave. Many times, but I couldn't. There's some.. force, trapping me inside.”

 

“That's weird.. because I don't know you.” Kibum said, frowning.

 

“Yeah, I know. I don't know you either. Which is pity, I tell you. If I would have met you when I was alive, I would definitely want to be your friend because you're seriously amazing person. There aren't many out there.” Jonghyun said, being honest as always.

 

“Y-yah! How can you be so straightforward?” Kibum said and Jonghyun noticed slight pink color on his cheeks which made him feel oddly proud.

 

“I have always been. I don't like lies or beating around the bush. When I feel something, I say it. Easy as that.” he shrugged, giving the boy one of his boyish grins.

 

“I still find it creepy.. that you know me so well because you stalked me.” the boy said and Jonghyun was about to protest, feeling embarrassed but Kibum didn't let him. “I know. If you can't leave, it's not really your fault but you see my point, right?”

 

And Jonghyun had to give him that because yes, he did understand so he nodded once. “Yeah, sorry.”<

Please log in to read the full chapter