one more chapter

Song Minho Drabbles

 

 

“No, no, nooo!

Minho stood by your doorway, completely dumbfounded by the reaction he didn’t expect.

“Well, that’s a first.” He chuckles, raising a brow your way, “Most people would be thrilled to see me, by the way.”

“What are you doing here?” You throw him a frown, still clinging to the door and he reaches out to poke it open.

“Didn’t you say you were studying?” Minho toes his shoes off, entering your place like it was his own.

“If you mean dying, then yes.”

“Yah- that’s no way to talk.” He clicks his tongue as he scans the mess of your work place by the living room, “Come on, I’ll help you study.”

“Oh sure thing, help me figure out a mathematical model for a chemical recovery process that I need to optimize. You know, so we could reduce its energy consumption, cost and-”

“ -uh, could you repeat that in earth talk?” He scrunches his nose in distaste, cutting you mid sentence before his ears could bleed.

“Ugh, if anything you’re here to not help me study, Song Minho!” You let out a muffled groan, half screaming into the crook of your arm as you tread past him.

“Now that’s just offensive, I’m not just a pretty face.”

“You know what I mean, you devil.” You eye him a glare before slumping your forehead onto the paper downed coffee table out of defeat. 

“How about we make you a deal?” He fights a childish smile as he hops onto the couch across you.

“I’m already hating it, so no.”

“For every chapter you go through, you get a hug or… something.” Minho bites the inside of his cheek, struggling to keep a straight face while he hides behind the screen of his phone.

“I know damn well something isn’t just something with you.”

“Should I just go back then?” He suggests coolly as he scrolls through his phone, smiling shamelessly when he was met with your silence.

“Fine! Just… don’t come anywhere near me.” You warn, pointing a pen at him sternly which did nothing but fired the urge to take you into his arm right then.

But he knew better and kept his word, convinced that someone is bound to take it back sooner or later.

Heaven knows how long after, you were still cooped up with your text books and Minho was left twiddling his thumb, dangerously sinking into his own boredom. He was surprised that you managed to go on for this long, maybe it really was something serious after all. Still cringing at all that incoherent gibberish you spewed out at him earlier.

//

“Done!” You barely gave him the chance to look up and register what was going on, jumping over to him with outstretched arms.

”That was one chapter?!” His laugh resonates deeply throughout the living space, pressing the back of your head into his neck as you snuggled him.

He feels you nod into his shoulder, groaning once more, “Can I just stay here, I really don’t want to go back there -don’t make me go back!”

”You can stay-”

You prop yourself up onto his chest, whacking him lightly on the cheek, “Yah- you’re no help.”

His eyes searched your face, tinged with fatigue, and his chest wells with warm admiration at how hard you work. He didn’t hesitate to steal a kiss, pulling back just as quick to smile at your wide eyes.

”One more chapter then.”


//